new rule change

Wilhelm Panderino

3 minutes ago, Jewann said:

The rule still implies that they have to commit an illegal action to be killed by police. self defense can never be an illegal action.

If a cop is killing someone for self defense they're in the wrong, not sure what coba's going on about if you're gonna kill someone for murder you'ld probably see if it's self defense first

• thumbdown -1 1

From how it was when I was staffing you may kill if the dude is raiding or shooting at/killing officers. Otherwise you must arrest them. So even to me this idea that you can kill anyone for shooting anyone is new info. It's OP if I wanted to play a tyrannical cop that just hunts people.

1 hour ago, Jewann said:

The rule still implies that they have to commit an illegal action to be killed by police. self defense can never be an illegal action.

Correct, though using a weapon may be illegal. If you're killed or arrested purely for self defense, I'd start a vote demote for brutality (or call a sit, but without evidence of what they saw you'd be hard pressed to prove anything) if the officer should've been able to tell from the information they have. It's not like you can gun people down for any old thing, you have to recognize them as a threat and arguing that people acting in self defense is an active threat to the public doesn't quite pass smell test. Not sure where they pulled that one from. People shooting cops or unarmed people seems pretty obvious to me.

45 minutes ago, Succ The Zucc said:

From how it was when I was staffing you may kill if the dude is raiding or shooting at/killing officers. Otherwise you must arrest them. So even to me this idea that you can kill anyone for shooting anyone is new info. It's OP if I wanted to play a tyrannical cop that just hunts people.

The rule's been there, I'm surprised you never saw it. Sugar put it in writing in Jan 2018 as part of the MOTD revamp to try to reduce the amount of unwritten rules (anyone from back then knows -_-) and that's how it's been enforced for much longer, at least as long as I’ve been around as staff. 

Edited by Walter the Assaulter