hey

Tene

so is transphobia not allowed but anti semetic comments, homophobia, sexism and ableism alongside many other things allowed? i am confused, if theyre all falling under the do be respectful rule then surely none of them should be allowed but are done every single day and no action is taken. is this because we have transgender people in our community? No, if that was the case homophobia would be against the rules, which it isn't. i dont see any reason that its a mutable offense now lol 

biased against trannys?

13 minutes ago, Yourself said:

so is transphobia not allowed but anti semetic comments, homophobia, sexism and ableism alongside many other things allowed? i am confused, if theyre all falling under the do be respectful rule then surely none of them should be allowed but are done every single day and no action is taken. is this because we have transgender people in our community? No, if that was the case homophobia would be against the rules, which it isn't. i dont see any reason that its a mutable offense now lol 

biased against trannys?

It's a case by case basis. If you are offended by whatever someone says, then call a sit, and it will be handled quickly, especially if I'm on. We don't take action unless the users have a problem with whatever is being said. 

its okay to hate trannys

well to be fair you are allowed to hate on anyone until someone gets mad enough to make a sit or report you this basically goes for any of the rules

Edited by USN peepoo
  • Like 1
  • thumbdown -1 1

What I don't understand is why mods don't flat out mute someone for spewing obviously offensive stuff in /ooc. The other night I saw someone harassing someone that claimed to be gay (or trans, it was late) and suicidal, and the harasser in question told him to kys. Granted, I didn't call a sit, but that was because I assumed something as vile as that wouldn't need a sit for staff to do something. From what I saw, none of the staff that were currently on the server gave a mute, kick, or ban, and quite honestly that has hurt my views on the server.

Is there some internal reason why mods *have* to take sits to take action?

Edit: Gonna clarify a few things:
- The person in ooc was very bluntly telling the person to "do it" after the other one claimed to be suicidal.
- Im not whining about mods not taking away rights to free speech, but telling someone to kill themselves 100% falls under the very first rule in the MOTD (No harrassment) and im shocked that the person didn't even get muted. There were a handful of mods on at the time.
- I don't have any proof of this, unfortunately. I'm *fairly* sure this was the day before yesterday at ~11 PM PST, if anyone has good memory.

Edited by Papa Canis

It’s not that any of those things you listed are “allowed”. It seems that is where you are confused. It’s more of what certain staff members will let slide and what they will not. If you’re saying something with the intention of stirring up drama or causing other players to feel uncomfortable you will be muted. Again, it’s not a discussion of what’s allowed and what’s not, it’s the context of what you say and when you say it. If you’re making comments like this and are wondering why you are being muted, perhaps you shouldn’t make comments like that on the server. Also, if you make a regular habit of making comments such as this that target a certain gender, sexual preference or race, you might be on the staff’s radar in which you would be muted for the first offense where someone who is not on the staff’s radar might slip through the cracks and get away with it once or twice  I wouldn’t assume that because someone else gets away with it that you can expect to as well or have an excuse to make similar comments with no repercussions. 

thinking brain GIF

13 minutes ago, Papa Canis said:

What I don't understand is why mods don't flat out mute someone for spewing obviously offensive stuff in /ooc.

There are many reasons why staff may have not stepped in here. Staff don’t watch chat 24/7. iIn fact, most players that have been here for a while don’t even look at the chatbox at all. That is why it is so important to call a sit when you see someone breaking the rules.