Sewer Lord & Shark Armor

Papa Canis

Ive been playing as Sewer Lord and shark on and off ever since I've joined the server and Ive noticed glaring problems with both jobs. Mainly, the people that go into each class' "KOS Zones" are usually equipped with armor and a good gun, along with a Spiderman SWEP or Master Sword if they know what they're doing. This causes Sewer Lord and Shark to get shredded without having a chance to kill the other player, even if you equip armor every time you die. Don't get me wrong, both jobs are really fun imo (I like being big scary monsters), but you seemingly have no chance to kill about half of the players that you see, and with the other half they can just pull out an auto and shred you in a second before you get within melee range (even with S.L.'s speed).

I propose these ideas:

Sewer Lord:

Proposition: You spawn with 300 armor as Sewer Lord.
Reasoning: With the long hallways of the sewers and the lightmaps on the Sewer Lord's model, a player that constantly checks their back (which is often if they know a S.L is around) can easily spot S.L. before he gets into melee range, and shred him even with 100 armor. It doesn't help that almost every other player that bothers going in sewers also has 100 armor, along with a movement SWEP (Master Sword, usually) if you're unlucky. With 300 armor, you have a greater chance to get within melee range and start attacking. The increased health and armor only adds a few seconds to your lifespan if the other player sees you first, so those are there to help with the problem of you getting picked off from afar, or getting within melee range of someone, but then they just turn around and blast you to heck (even with armor). In short, with 300 armor, Sewer Lord goes from "target unaware people (or people with bad aim) and stay away from people with guns" to "try and catch people off-guard." Sewer Lord would still be easily counterable by movement SWEPS or just keeping an eye out, but with this proposition you don't get completely shat on.

Edit: Fun fact, you can't use an armor pack directly from your inventory. You have to drop a shipment, and then wait to take it from said shipment. Remember that S.L is KOS meaning that someone can gun him in the back and take his armor. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2175829724

Shark:

Proposition: You spawn with 200 armor, and you can see people underwater.
Reasoning: From what I could tell, the most common way to die as shark is to get gunned down by people on land, out of reach. If you spawn with armor, you will at least be able to turn around and fuck off before you die. As for the "seeing people underwater" bit, if a player sees you (which is easy as you are huge) before you see them, you're dead (assuming that they are armed). If the shark sees people underwater highlighted in red, the shark will at least have a chance to attack first.

Thats what I got for now. And yes, I made a forum account just for this.

Edited by Papa Canis
  • Like 1

+1 for both ideas, the sewer/shark jobs have been basically useless since most players who go down into sewers knowing that there is a sewer lord have much more chances to kill the sewer lord easily since its a gun vs a melee fight and the shark is just the shark he's still useless even with any buff to him but it'd be a nice addition 

-1 for the first idea. Sewer Lord acn break nlr so basically u got unlimited armor just u die and run back super quick ez and it'd be too op since hes already a bitch because of how fast he is and the server regs.

And for the second idea, this could just use a rule fix. You can't KOS sharks unless you're in the water. So they can't just sit there and camp you with a sniper and u cant do shit ion know

9 hours ago, Carelos said:

-1 for the first idea. Sewer Lord acn break nlr so basically u got unlimited armor just u die and run back super quick ez and it'd be too op since hes already a bitch because of how fast he is and the server regs.

And for the second idea, this could just use a rule fix. You can't KOS sharks unless you're in the water. So they can't just sit there and camp you with a sniper and u cant do shit ion know

"Unlimited Armor" is a bit of a stretch, considering a person armed to the teeth (which is common) can mow you down within a second. The Sewer Lord has lightmaps, so it can't really use the dark to it's advantage. Also if you have armor in your inventory, S.L. cant "use" items, meaning he has to drop an armor pack shipment and wait for it to become ready to use, giving other players more than enough time to heal up and use armor packs of their own, effectively resetting the encounter.

If that rule becomes a thing, I'd be happy. However, that'd still leave the issue of shark getting obliterated by auto-weapons (or just strong weapons in general). Some armor on spawn would go a long way, since the Shark has the same problems as the S.L..

-1 to sewer lord, if he is buffed, new players will never be able to make it through sewers.

+1 to shark, not many people play shark, and I do see sharks getting bullied quite a bit.

10 minutes ago, Jewann said:

-1 to sewer lord, if he is buffed, new players will never be able to make it through sewers.

+1 to shark, not many people play shark, and I do see sharks getting bullied quite a bit.

In my experience, the only people that really bother going in sewers are new-ish drug dealers, and people armed to the teeth that know what they're doing. With the former, they easily die to S.L. even if he doesn't have armor.

From what I can gather, the entire point of Sewer Lord is to protect the sewers. That's really cool and all until half of the players in the sewers are the ones hunting YOU with master swords and powerful guns. Shouldn't SL's "power level" be raised a bit to at least stand a chance against the competition that the class is commonly up against?

Edited by Papa Canis

Not really, I think the people using multi-million dollar legendaries should be able to overcome a sewer monster, and I believe that the regular classes should stand a chance. Not to mention that buffs to sewer lord buff sewer bases, which I do not believe is necessary, because he will inevitably defend raids against sewer bases.

Edited by Jewann
originally written on phone

3 hours ago, Jewann said:

Not really, I think the people using multi-million dollar legendaries should be able to overcome a sewer monster, and I believe that the regular classes should stand a chance. Not to mention that buffs to sewer lord buff sewer bases, which I do not believe is necessary, because he will inevitably defend raids against sewer bases.

However the sewer lord still has NLR, so this isn't an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USN peepoo said:

However the sewer lord still has NLR, so this isn't an issue.

The Sewer Lord does not have NLR, because he has a restricted play area. Same with Shark.

HOWEVER, this does bring to mind the fact that almost everybody breaks NLR to go back to the sewer to kill Sewer Lord. I can't see anywhere in the rules that says that you can break NLR if killed by Sewer Lord. Perhaps that should be cleared up?

Edited by Papa Canis

-1 to the Sewer Lord suggestion due to the people down there are either the Treasure Hunters that are sort of new and the OP players that are either there to raid or sit in their bases + they have no NLR, are super fast, and have super fast punches..

+1 to the Shark suggestion due to sharks dying fast even if they're in the water.