cops able to raid bases without a warrant

Wilhelm Panderino

37 minutes ago, Wilhelm Panderino said:

Maybe that should be added to the MOTD as i see nothing in there regarding this, youve been here (in the community) a while and im sure you remember the server being played this way for a long time until the rule i quoted above was added. What this sounds like to me is people have to just guess what is allowed and whats not allowed considering we turn a blind eye to some of the rules written depending on circumstances which are only "known" by certain people who barely even play on the server.

I will speak to the Admins and come to a conclusion on some concrete examples of when a warrant can be disregarded by CP before raiding and see about adding it to MOTD today. 

If you place a 911 call and make threats such as "I will execute cp" they can track your location and are within their rights (unless stated otherwise by the Mayor) to enter your base under the assumption you are a danger to yourself or others, possibly have a hostage, etc. Now, the Mayor has full authority to restrict PD from doing certain tasks such as responding to false 911 calls.. This is really a RP issue and should be handled in-game. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:36 AM, Cobaselic said:

Screenshot_2020-04-23-16-43-16.png

Funny, when I asked this to Rubik months ago, it was because of YOU trying to say they couldn't fine you in your base without a warrant.

Ill say it again, the rules are there for a reason, Doors open or not, its your base and your property, the rules dont just suddenly stop applying to certain circumstances just because you say so. Staff refer to the motd for whats allowed and whats not, except for this one rule about warrants?  Get real dude, the rules are there for a reason.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, Rubik said:

If you place a 911 call and make threats such as "I will execute cp" they can track your location and are within their rights (unless stated otherwise by the Mayor) to enter your base under the assumption you are a danger to yourself or others, possibly have a hostage, etc. Now, the Mayor has full authority to restrict PD from doing certain tasks such as responding to false 911 calls.. This is really a RP issue and should be handled in-game. 

It was Rped, i made a ransom call to give me money or the cp will be executed, Rp is not just running up in there and arresting everyone inside, especially with no warrant. Since were disregarding the rule about needing warrants why not just remove it entirely and go back to how the server used to be played before the rule was added

If you invite someone into your base, tell them you're actively threatening other people, and ping them with your exact location, don't be upset when they walk through your door.

If you don't have a warrant and aren't invited in though, it's failRP for CP to trespass inside a base for any reason according to Doc and the MOTD.

Cops require a valid warrant in order to raid a base. Raiding a base without a warrant is FailRP.

On 6/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cobaselic said:

"I was arrested for threatening the life of an officer, the cop somehow made ot through my entire dupe without needing any raiding tools, but YOU DONT KNOW THE RULES MR FORMER STAFF MEMBER F U", that's how you sound right now. Grow up bruh, don't threaten to kill police in a 9-11 call and you won't get arrested 

I'm gonna have to agree with him here. I thought this was bullshit at first, but after considering the situation, I'm gonna have to put you at fault in this situation. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes 

• thumbdown -1 1

8 hours ago, DANUTERCISD said:

I'm gonna have to agree with him here. I thought this was bullshit at first, but after considering the situation, I'm gonna have to put you at fault in this situation. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes 

This discussion is over, Cp require a warrant regardless of the circumstances as stated by the MOTD. The point of the discussion was to clear that up, it has been cleared up.