Add more drugs

Danutercisd

I think the drug selection is already pretty good, but I believe LSD, MDMA, Shrooms, and DMT should be added. It would allow more selection for drugs, and it could put a little twist in the drug market as well. LSD and MDMA can be made, Shrooms and DMT can be grown, if that helps on how to implement them. If this isn't too good of an idea, or it would be too hard to do, that's understandable, but it would add a little more variety. 

• Like 1

I think it's always a good idea to add variability and progress things to not make the server boring, but the reason a lot of suggestions aren't added is usually because of performance issues. 

You suggested drugs, I played on a lot of darkRP servers and most addons for drugs have many equipment that usually aren't coded for performance.
I think the developers would find it easier if you could suggest addons that could be both good in performance and in quality.

Good suggestion overall.  

3 hours ago, HIDDEN said:

I think it may be possible to include other drugs to be grown however would we really NEED them? Like weed, meth, heroine and cocaine are all ones we have in the server and are the big memey ones, after that it just gets excessive

I may be outdated a bit, but wasn't meth a big game changer when it came out? It was an alternative to printers/proccesors and camping in the base that was and probably still is the best method to make big bucks.

I think the best method to make money shouldn't be based around camping and more about working and moving (ex: mixing substances to make meth and selling it to NPC). 
But I do agree that the state of other drugs other than meth (if they changed it) is pretty outdated but sadly I have no suggestion for older drugs as I don't know how they fully work.

Edited by Zek

3 hours ago, HIDDEN said:

I do agree with you here, however what I was trying to say is variety is cool but to much variety can be a bad thing, I think more work should be done on our current systems before we implement even more.

Updating current addons takes more time than finding an already made addon.
I agree with you that they need updates, but I already had in mind that reworking addons would never happen if it's not a big issue because of how much time it consumes. 

Edited by Zek

On 6/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, Zek said:

I think it's always a good idea to add variability and progress things to not make the server boring, but the reason a lot of suggestions aren't added is usually because of performance issues. 

You suggested drugs, I played on a lot of darkRP servers and most addons for drugs have many equipment that usually aren't coded for performance.
I think the developers would find it easier if you could suggest addons that could be both good in performance and in quality.

Good suggestion overall.  

Not sure why this got you negative rep but this is the number one reason why *insert random suggestion* never got added. Even though there are 100+ really good addons on the gmod store, some of which provide way more functionality than what we have, it is not optimized and would take us a lot of time to get running + integrated with stuff like Gang XP and quests.

Great suggestions though! Keep them coming!

• Haha 1