A player can not be mayor twice in a row

Tpicoo

Many times i have seen a situation where the PD gets ridiculously strong due to a mayor's harsh laws.

Its a twisted symbioses where the same harsh mayor is constantly re-voted by the large amounts of PD who have switched due to the strength of the PD

Once a mayor with harsh laws gets killed in a revolt and they run for election again, then the same mayor as before is elected by the massive amount of CPs

If we make it so that there is a cool-down for being mayor then it will solve this problem and make it so that other players will have a chance to play as mayor. 

Think about it from a real life perspective, are there rules prohibiting people from running for mayor more than once? Yeah, the people might like you for a term or two, but once you inevitably go corrupt, they'll start to hate your bullshit after a while and stop voting for you. Best to just leave something like this alone - after all, it's an election for a reason.

The PD is given too much credit for supposedly affecting the results of elections/unfun votes. They make up a significantly small proportion of the server, and they're generally newer players who probably don't even know how to unlock their cursors to vote in the first place.

-1 if a player likes the way or a cp likes the way a mayor does his laws and plays he should be completely allowed to become mayor as much as he wants. Thats why it is voted for the people decide. If you dont like the mayor you can revolt or demote him.

Rather, I'd say if the mayor is demoted by someone calling an !unfun, then they should be banned from being mayor for awhile.

The downside is that the cops cant vote on a demote. So thats basically taking away a cops vote for the mayor. The people demote the mayor not cp. A different thing you could do is make it so cp cant vote for the mayor idk i think this is pointless topic i think the mayor is just fine

I'm kinda +1 on this.

I think there should be some sort of consequence for a mayor that sparks other players to revolt or unfun or assassinate, otherwise what's the point of revolting, unfunning, or assassinating?

It's currently a bit useless, as the rewards of a successful deposition are invalidated entirely if they can just turn around and get re-elected.

In a perfect world, mayoral voting would be a counter to this, but the unwashed masses of Downtown Tits are a little retarded and having a recognizable name or waifu/hitler model matters far, far more than past actions/platform when it comes to getting elected.