Buddy System, Precision Tool, Waterfall Base

Sneaky

Description: Buddy System does not work

How to reproduce: Add a friend as your buddy for all items and try to control any of their props with physgun/toolgun

Priority: High

Description: Precision tool not working on certain angles, can only push front and back not on the sides of props

How to reproduce: Attempt to push on the side of props.

Priority: Medium

Description:Waterfall base entrance is bugged where you cannot spawn props or use toolguns

How to reproduce: Try to spawn props in the entrance to the underground waterfall base.

I know a Dragon Egg can spawn there, so that's a reason. When the new map just came out I asked Sugar and he told me it was on purpose. Never got a reason though.

Well I feel as though changing a dragon egg spawn would be better to allow for better basing options, you can technically place a dupe a precision tool it all the way in to the entrance or just build it manually but it takes a good 5-10 min and also deletes the fading doors in the dupe if you precision tool it in.

The waterfall base was made like that because if you had props in that entrance you could make it look like there was no base in there and it was just a normal wall on the map. Just build the base behind the garage door and it is fine any props in the front area will get you yelled at. The buddy system has be broken for years or disabled by sugar. I don't know about the precision tool but it is very different if you use it in single player so it might just be a dumb downed version for optimization.

The waterfall base was made like that because if you had props in that entrance you could make it look like there was no base in there and it was just a normal wall on the map. Just build the base behind the garage door and it is fine any props in the front area will get you yelled at. The buddy system has be broken for years or disabled by sugar. I don't know about the precision tool but it is very different if you use it in single player so it might just be a dumb downed version for optimization.

If this added buddy system is broken why not remove it and use the original buddy system? It works perfect in every other server.

buddy system works fine for me, i think you are not doing something right

I have all my friends under the buddy system on gmod by default, but I added them in this server's buddy system and when they try to PhysGun or ToolGun my props it says you do not have access. They are selected to have perms for all options.

• 3 weeks later...

Description: Buddy System does not work

How to reproduce: Add a friend as your buddy for all items and try to control any of their props with physgun/toolgun

Priority: High

Description: Precision tool not working on certain angles, can only push front and back not on the sides of props

How to reproduce: Attempt to push on the side of props.

Description:Waterfall base entrance is bugged where you cannot spawn props or use toolguns

How to reproduce: Try to spawn props in the entrance to the underground waterfall base.

Buddy system  is super wonky, it's been broken forever. I'll look further into why that is. 

Precision tool works perfectly fine for me (tested with cube075x075x075). Here is my Precision Tool config..

prec.png

The reason why you cannot spawn props in the waterfall base is because players were placing their fading doors where you couldn't lockpick / keypad crack them.

You can still build in the hidden room, just not inside this area..

build.png