A timer and cooldown for lockdown

Mr Happykins

• 3 weeks later...

Normally wouldn't bump this but had 2 more fail mayors (I think the same 2) run perpetual lockdowns again immediately, first one was for a fail reason "Too many civilians have guns" and the other had no reason. This shit needs to be fixed. It's seriously not fun.

I dont know why we allow it in the first place, making AOS laws for lockdowns and the lockdown never ending will result players leaving the server.

Imo just ban the law "AOS if theres a lockdown" or anything related to it, no need for a cooldown or anything.

Also, (I think it was plutori) some higher up said that they wont give a cooldown or else they would've already done that since i mentioned mayors that keep locking the doors via lockdown in a revolt/PD raid.

Personally, I think the best solution is just a rule against retarded lockdown reasons. Mayor's do have legitimate reasons to lockdown, even during their grace, such as a PD raid or terrorist attack, so I don't think removing their ability to lockdown during grace is a good idea. Regarding aos during lockdown... I'm on the fence. Sure it's primarily being used by minges to aos everyone, but, it does have legitimate rp that could be done - if a cop is worried about you getting shot by a literal terrorist a street over, and you won't go inside your house, and they're trying to restore order, it makes sense. If there's a real clamoring for no aos on lockdown, meh, fine, just please consider the potential rp you're giving up.

Tbh I don't think the problem lies in laws demanding AoS during lockdowns. 

It has more to do with lockdown reasons that have conditions that are impossible to meet in order for said lockdown to be lifted.

A common one is "high crime rate", which starts self-perpetuating due to people getting arrested for being outside during a lockdown.

Another one I saw yesterday was "too many citizens have illegal guns"-- lockdown was started as soon as weapons were made illegal. There weren't even any weapon checks, and no effort was made to follow up on the efficacy of the new laws. It was impossible to satisfy and lift the lockdown. 

Nobody has an issue with AoS lockdowns during terrorist attacks or revolts or pd raids, I don't think, 'cause there's a definite and inevitable end to those events.

AoS during lockdown isn't the issue at all. It's kind of the point of lockdown. "Increase in crime" and "Too many citizens have guns" aren't legit rp reasons for lockdown. Especially when followed by "lockdown will stay in place until further notice" or are simply never removed. Thanks for all the support on this issue. Anyone who was playing during this will probably agree.