CP

CorruptKnight

When a Civil Protection why are you required to attempt arrest on somone who killed people and still has their gun out. I was a Civil Protection and saw a bounty hunter kill 2 people in front of me so I shot him. Why was he then yelling at me for not Arresting him. You killed two people and have your gun out why would I attempt an arrest on him. Secondly there was a person who has a sword, he shot someone then flew off. I shot at him and he jails me for not attempting an arrest. He said use the stun gun but when i've used it previously there was no noticable effect. He was flying away a stun gun that slows movements wouldnt have done much when he could just fly onto a building wait then shoot me. Atleast if I had shot him with a bulldog he would have had less of a chance to beat me.

You should really only shoot people if they attempt to shoot at you. Attempting to subdue / arrest a criminal instead promotes roleplay and many criminals actually prefer this because it gives them a chance to escape from something, which is obviously more fun than being killed instantly. Being a cop on our server involves a lot of roleplay compared to other jobs. f you don't enjoy trying to capture criminals without killing them, then maybe being a cop isn't the best job for you. 

I also want to point out this rule in the MOTD as it pertains to this thread -

If you're shot at, you're allowed to fire back even if they miss

Hope this helps.

But what if you're a cop and someone kills another cop? Are you allowed to kill them? I've seen lots of people do this and I don't know whether it's RDM or not.

At that point, the best thing to do is detain the cop and demote him/ask the mayor to fire him. If it’s mass rdm to other cops, just detain him and call a sit.