C4 and Timebomb

Future You

All the issues you've listed can be fixed by simply making a better base, furthermore if you can't take a little raid you shouldn't play on this server we all had to start somewhere when I first started playing I was new to gmod and darkrp so I got raided a lot but I never gave up I kept saving money bought a bunziix dupe and managed to fend off my raiders

id have to agree with op, if i were a new or a non vip player. Ive seen countless newer players just quit the server because their base would get destroyed requiring them to rebuild manually each time. It is a problem as without new players the server wont grow. The only way i can possibly think of is to prevent the use of C4 or blowtorches on a non VIP players base. Once they hit that VIP mark they would be fair game. Idk seems a bit extra to me though

This is why I suggest new players to not base, I had a lot of money racked up by the time I based for my first time. Some good ways to make money is being a cop, raiding others, and even being a micspamming hobo can get you some decent money in donations, you would be surprised.

As far as C4 and makeshift time bombs go, I think they're fine and they are basically a must-have for raiding regular players most of the time.

The only thing that annoys me with c4 and makeshifts is that people are just able to punt them. Like OP said, you could just plant a c4 hide behind a wall and punt it over and over again until there is not base. Then what advantage does the baser have.

I have a dude that had been successfully raided 2 times, one of those times jacket spammed like 20 smokes in there and it lagged it me hard,  the other time was a group of 6 they were using c4 like they had an endless supply, 4 of them ended up dying but the other 2 ended up getting through. My point is it's either just me or me and 1 other person in my base with me. I can defend and defend my base by myself with people tossing c4 easily. If they hide behind a wall then wait for them to start making their way inside the base then shoot. It's all about strategy, I promise there are ways around everything, you just gotta think about them.