Advert Raid

Cheesepoope

Do you agree with me   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me

The idea of not being able to advert raiding someone house but can't rdm blows my mind because its one in the same. When a person adverts raid they don't have to declare who their raiding. All they need to do is advert a raid so that if someone basing cared enough they would defend. There is zero point of making PD Raid exclusive when they only time people raid PD is in group, but one person can raid a house and not declare. I had some dude walk into my base kill me and then rob me and I didn't defend cause I didn't see the raid in chat. I shoulda checked the MOTD and probably just killed him on sight when I first saw him but regardless the rule is still ass. People need to be able to defend their base especially when someone can blow my whole prop away and the prop doesn't come back. The server already has a mass rdm problem anyway with some toxic people using their jobs in different ways that was unintended for the role and people don't care. A lot of the adverts don't make sense either but im moreless no concerned with those. The raiding is the most important to me. If the rule doesn't change there's no point in basing I minus well just get a group everytime and just raid people since im not trying to have a base and never know that its getting raided.

Straight from motd 

Definition of Raiding: Having the intent to invade another person's home. Whether you're being harmful or not, trespassing someone else's house should be considered a raid.

No need to have advert raid when you have that . If somone enters your base your allowed to kill them . They are trespassing.

The objective to basing is also a risk. As well it’s an rp aspect to get raided. In a real life scenario who the heck is gonna walk up to your house and go ‘*ding ding ding* I’m here to steal your shit!’ Although it isn’t a good example because people flying through the air isn’t a thing it makes no logical sense. Stand your ground is a thing. Not only that, but let me tell you the reason for PD Raid and Bank Raid adverts. They’re public areas with no specified owner. Your property your choice in who is allowed in. You don’t watch your base tough luck. 

Straight from motd 

Definition of Raiding: Having the intent to invade another person's home. Whether you're being harmful or not, trespassing someone else's house should be considered a raid.

No need to have advert raid when you have that . If somone enters your base your allowed to kill them . They are trespassing.

Custom classes can blow up my props like nothing but you wanna use examples of real life. Show me how many robbers blow up the wall of someones house to raid it. You wont find it because most sneak through windows, break down doors, etc its not common for a wall to get blown up and then im raided. The advert raid doesn't have to be even tho most servers (almost all) require a advert raid to avoid NLR and RDM but if you like toxic people and banning/kicking then I understand why. Just don't set standards with Real examples and allow the standards to be broken, custom classes can be custom but still limited, not blowing up everything ,flying and doing what ever you want. Get a better system allowing only fading door and world props can explode. Ask people with VIP what role they want their class to be and just get them items so that a class isn't too broken. Simple things really.

Last comment was more meant for Zucc and Tass

if everyone read the motd nlr and rdm caused by a misunderstanding of the rules would be avoided yeah? yeah.

this server is different from others, if you don't like the different things in this server then this place just isn't for you.

Comparing real world examples to things that happen in gmod, you will find inaccuracies... Jigsaw, teletubby stalkers, murderous Bounty Hunters, and yes, raiding with C4 are all things that don't generally happen IRL... But this is game, so the scenarios are turned up for player entertainment.

And while your experience may have included custom class players, raiding (even with C4) is not exclusive to CCs. The most common raiding tools (C4, Makeshifts, mat grenades...) cannot be purchased as perm items on a CC.

​Any player can purchase raiding supplies from the B.M.D., other players or get them from a processor.​​​​​​

Making money by basing is not, and should not be easy! The days of someone having to open a door and 3 fadings with a lock pick is gone.

Well built bases (dupes), good guns and a party to help defend will all increase your chances of holding off raiders.

I was an admin on another server that required adverts for raiding. And we had to hear daily how it was "unrealistic, who would advertise commenting a crime".

literally adverts for raid and shit was used for logs of when shit started. But now that devs got better at coding and the GMod store. We have logs for shit now so that you don’t have to advert. Although public areas such as PD and Bank are almost always unlocked and with as many people as there is. It makes sense to advert for it. Warn we don’t even HAVE to have an advert for because we have the E menu. But it works for log purposes as well as if someone is following you. Adverting Raid is just as stupid as adverting steal