Should a DJ/Radio job be integrated into TitsRP?

Bruce

Should a DJ/Radio job be integrated into TitsRP?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should a DJ/Radio job be integrated into TitsRP?

• Yes.
    • No.

I started a poll on the TitsRP DarkRP server, and it was brought to my attention that I should bring it to the forums.  Seeing as to how there isn't currently a DJ/Music job, I thought it would be a good idea to consider adding one in.  Someone that can choose a song to broadcast over multiple user placed radios as stations that are able to be switched to depending on the players tastes.  Perhaps the DJ can receive a salary based upon how many listeners he or she has.  This will create competition, leading to more users playing as the DJ role.  I feel like this would be a step ahead in immersing players into the role play experience, as they will be able to choose what station they would like to listen to, thus supplying the DJ with viewers and reputation.

This job could work and it has a cool premise, but I don’t personally feel it is needed since boom boxes already exist and there’s a few kinks in the idea. The radios the Dj would place would need to be mutable or the dj could just spam ear rape on several stations throughout the map constantly. To me it kind of has the same premise as the pd tablet had, where the pd commander could use vc and everyone could hear it. More often than not with the tablet the user would scream into it and have to be force demoted or muted for abusing it. If the Dj role had some other use it might be a good addition but personally I don’t like the idea of the job being able to play music through out the map. With the last bit you mentioned, if players generally want to be noticed for playing music they will go hobo and mic spam. Not too bad of an idea though. If you have other ideas make sure to post them as well!

This job could work and it has a cool premise, but I don’t personally feel it is needed since boom boxes already exist and there’s a few kinks in the idea. The radios the Dj would place would need to be mutable or the dj could just spam ear rape on several stations throughout the map constantly. To me it kind of has the same premise as the pd tablet had, where the pd commander could use vc and everyone could hear it. More often than not with the tablet the user would scream into it and have to be force demoted or muted for abusing it. If the Dj role had some other use it might be a good addition but personally I don’t like the idea of the job being able to play music through out the map. With the last bit you mentioned, if players generally want to be noticed for playing music they will go hobo and mic spam. Not too bad of an idea though. If you have other ideas make sure to post them as well!

The radio would be mutable from an in game settings menu related to the mod/addon.

Maybe have it be 1 station that is a player who is the DJ a mic to talk into for the radio station if you wanted to be a talk show. It’s a great concept however the coding for it seems crazy as fuck. Massive +1 to the idea. It makes it seem like I could be a host talking to the people while playing Metallica in the background. If Rubik or someone knows how to do this I’m 100% down for this to be a reality. You also have options if the guy who is the host becomes a dickhead. Change the station or search for your songs.

In a perfect world... This would be a cool idea! But unfortunately, the players of GMod are not always "perfect"...

My concern is the same expressed by Yeetus. That some kid(s) would have the ability to spam stuff like cock and ball torture wikis all over the map.

I personally already have all boom boxes muted. But if players want to hear music they should probably be able to control their own music.

No need, just use the boombox thats already in the game and listen to the radio, if you want a radio station added to that then uh.. ask plutori or doc or rubik how you can have that added and blah blah blah..

No need for a job dedicated to music when hobos can mic spam