logs bug

Wilhelm Panderino

Bug

Description: when doing damage to someone logs record the item in your hand and not actually what you used to damage them. I feel this is high importance as if you have a bludgeon in your hand and you do damage as master stalker ability, the logs will show you attacking someone with a bludgeon (which would be kos) when you actually didnt.

How to reproduce: Throw a grenade in the air, swap to a gun , have grenade damage someone, logs will show the gun hurting them and not the grenade 

Priority: High

This has been known about for a while and I am sure Sugar is aware of it and either can't fix it or won't fix it as of now because he is losing interest with the server. It has never been an issue for me when taking sits and I haven't heard any other staff complain too much so its not too big of an issue as of now but having it fixed would be nice.

This has been known about for a while and I am sure Sugar is aware of it and either can't fix it or won't fix it as of now because he is losing interest with the server. It has never been an issue for me when taking sits and I haven't heard any other staff complain too much so its not too big of an issue as of now but having it fixed would be nice.

its never been an issue to you becuase you have no way of knowing when it occurs. At all, if i wasnt recording my encounter with this a sit would have gone completely different..

its never been an issue to you becuase you have no way of knowing when it occurs. At all, if i wasnt recording my encounter with this a sit would have gone completely different..

Well yes I have seen it occur within my sits, I just have never had an issue determining whats going on. I have seen damage be done with keys before and I know its not true. Now don't get me wrong, I see how it could be an issue but this is the first time I have seen it being an issue and no one can really fix this except Sugar but in the meantime just keep on recording.

• 3 months later...

It's extremely difficult to fix this completely since as you mentioned, logs just look at what's in your hand. For staff, the best way to combat this is to look at the complete logs including damage.

For example:

rubik attacks plutori with RPG for 70

rubik attacks plutori with RPG for 20 

rubik killed plutori with batmanswep

You could easily tell I did the most damage with a RPG so that's probably how I killed him. Hopefully there won't be many situations like this but as long as staff take their time in sits and get all the information we should be able to sort it out. 

I've added logs for Stalker if you stalk someone to death. If you can think of anything else like this that would be useful to have in slogs let me know. 

Thank you for the report & sorry for the late response.