[IMPORTANT] Protect yourself when buying/selling digital goods

Rubik

As of June 2020 TitsRP staff has banned the p2p sale of in-game currency for PayPal.
Still, if you're buying or selling anything online, educate yourself and do what you can to stay safe.

Although we don't recommend it, many players choose to buy/sell in-game currency for real life money. No one should fear being scammed if they choose to buy, sell or trade any content on our server. We have written the rules in a way both parties are protected when doing a trade like this. 

With more and more purchases made online nowadays, there are ways you can protect yourself as a buyer or seller of digital goods online. 

As of 2015, PayPal covers digital goods (intangibles) that are purchased using the proper method under their Buyer Protection service. 

What is PayPal Buyer Protection? 

If you don't receive the item that you ordered, or it shows up significantly different from its description, you may qualify for Purchase Protection, and PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs, subject to terms and limitations.

How can I be sure I won't get scammed?

When initiating a transaction on PayPal you are asked who you want to send money to, the dollar amount & Type of Payment. 

You MUST choose Goods & Services to be protected in case you get scammed or the seller doesn't deliver. 

Transactions made as "Friends & Family" are not covered. 

Since there is a small fee associated with the Goods & Services option, you might not choose to go this route but it's the only way you can guarantee you won't get scammed. We will do whatever we can to help if you get scammed for real money, including permanently banning the scammer from the server. We're not a bank so we are not able to refund your money if you get scammed. It's important you take the appropriate steps to protect yourself. 

How do I dispute a PayPal transaction if I got scammed?

1. Locate the transaction in your PayPal account. Look for an option that says Resolution Center
  2. Choose the option to initiate a Dispute/Response and provide any details, including communication with you and the seller. 
  3. Wait for PayPal to review and respond to your dispute. Check your email frequently. 

Tips:

• You can call a Staff member to supervise the transaction but do not rely on Staff to collect/retain any evidence for you
  • DO NOT choose Family & Friends option in PayPal. It's worth the small fee to be protected
  • Keep screenshots & video evidence of all communications
  • Report any scammers to Staff via forums & provide all evidence (don't post uncensored invoices on forums)
  • Read the MOTD & educate yourself on what's considered scamming and what's not
  • Like 2

One thing I will state about the whole buying and selling scheme of DarkRP cash is that if you are planning on selling your DarkRP cash it is very safe as long as you record everything that happens. If you are scammed out of your money if you make a report the other person will most likely be perma banned and you will most likely be reimbursed for what you lost. But like anything be careful and always record everything you do.