Something Needs to Change

FadedMan

Do we need Change on this topic?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need Change on this topic?

So recently on the server there has been many cops just running around and cuffing people with no warning for no reason just to do a weapon check.

i am making this thread so we can discuss this topic and hopefully make a reasonable change.

So from what i have heard from other staff, as long as there is a law saying that random weapon checks are allowed cp's are allowed to cuff whoever they want and then check them for weapons after. it is not only extremely annoying  but it also gives players no way to retaliate which is just not fair. 

There is no reason cp's should be able to do that, do cops just come up to you on the street and put you in cuffs with no reasoning? no. this law is not only ridiculous but it seems borderline rule breaking.

Hopefully we can figure out this issue as soon as possible, when this law is in effect it honestly downgrades the quality of the server and limits rp. Something needs to change.

Please write your opinions on this topic down below, or just  simply give your input by voting in the poll.

-Silent518/ChanceTheFaperr

But those laws in essence is ROLEPLAY. The public voted the mayor in and the mayor created those laws and all of those process is deemed "normal" and its perfectly naturally roleplay, no matter how annoying it is. And those laws can also be dealt with by ROLEPLAY. You can revolt for the reason that the laws are annoying and those annoyed people will storm PD, kill the mayor and thus resetting the law. To fix this issue would meant making rules that restrict what laws can be made, and in essence, restricts roleplay. And right now Sugar is going full blown roleplay promoting mode releasing new shit and even letting people deal with RDMs in a roleplay way(Like letting PD deal with it) and I doubt Sugar would do much about this. So my two cent on this is that instead of bringing up into the forum about how cops can go around and do shit because its a law, rile up the people ingame and deal with it in a roleplay manner! In that way, everyone benefits and have a fun roleplay experience.

Also about the subject of shit laws, people already have been doing that since the major update. 20k fine law, no fly zone, no weapons/sweps whatsoever or else AOS, and this one is just no exception. Mayor can make whatever kind of laws they want, no matter how annoying it is, he can do it cause he's the mayor. So the next time the election comes up, participate in the voting and vote for people who you know are good mayors!.

TLDR, this shit is roleplay and theres not really much that can be done about it without damaging roleplay, which is like Sugar's agenda right now to promote everyone to roleplay the shit outta everything. Just look at the dev board(https://trello.com/b/rXir4ToV/titsrp-development). You see sugar revamp shit like judge gabe and lawyers all in the sake of roleplay and I'm honestly liking it.

Well heres the thing, and lets look at this through an irl standpoint. The mayor of a city makes carrying a weapon (concealed or otherwise) illegal. It is then the duty of the police officers working under that mayor to secure anyone suspected of carrying a weapon. Now in real life if a cop tells someone to stop and subject to a random patdown 9/10 people will obey so they dont get shot. 

However on a darkrp server where dying is no big deal, the only way to get said person to conform is to detain them in cuffs so they have no choice but to comply. 

But that brings into question; should cops be allowed to hold an undisclosed number of citizens in cuffs while they are systematically checking for weapons? The answer to that would be no. Logic would dictate to instead create a checkpoint in a highly populated area of town where checkpoints can be conducted in an orderly and routine manner.

TL: DR

holding people in cuffs while routinely checking them for weapons is not good rp, and only serves to ruin ppeople's experiences on the server. Its allowed, but that doesnt make it any less bullshit

Well heres the thing, and lets look at this through an irl standpoint. The mayor of a city makes carrying a weapon (concealed or otherwise) illegal. It is then the duty of the police officers working under that mayor to secure anyone suspected of carrying a weapon. Now in real life if a cop tells someone to stop and subject to a random patdown 9/10 people will obey so they dont get shot. 

However on a darkrp server where dying is no big deal, the only way to get said person to conform is to detain them in cuffs so they have no choice but to comply. 

But that brings into question; should cops be allowed to hold an undisclosed number of citizens in cuffs while they are systematically checking for weapons? The answer to that would be no. Logic would dictate to instead create a checkpoint in a highly populated area of town where checkpoints can be conducted in an orderly and routine manner.

TL:DR

holding people in cuffs while routinely checking them for weapons is not good rp, and only serves to ruin ppeople's experiences on the server. Its allowed, but that doesnt make it any less bullshit

But the question of how those laws are carried out depends on the mayor. There ain't no moral or logic in darkrp(as most people knows), the mayor's word is like god's word and the CP carries out what he wants. He can choose to conduct person to person cuff check or he can set up checkpoints. Every mayor is different and you probably have seen checkpoints pops up now and then. And the simplest solution is to not vote the mayor who you deemed bad into office. I honestly don't know what rule sugar can create to even stop those kind of laws without damaging's peoples ability to have a different experience everytime theres a new mayor up(Cause drugs legal, weapons legal and no tax gets quite boring after a while)

But those laws in essence is ROLEPLAY. The public voted the mayor in and the mayor created those laws and all of those process is deemed "normal" and its perfectly naturally roleplay, no matter how annoying it is. And those laws can also be dealt with by ROLEPLAY. You can revolt for the reason that the laws are annoying and those annoyed people will storm PD, kill the mayor and thus resetting the law. To fix this issue would meant making rules that restrict what laws can be made, and in essence, restricts roleplay. And right now Sugar is going full blown roleplay promoting mode releasing new shit and even letting people deal with RDMs in a roleplay way(Like letting PD deal with it) and I doubt Sugar would do much about this. So my two cent on this is that instead of bringing up into the forum about how cops can go around and do shit because its a law, rile up the people ingame and deal with it in a roleplay manner! In that way, everyone benefits and have a fun roleplay experience.

Also about the subject of shit laws, people already have been doing that since the major update. 20k fine law, no fly zone, no weapons/sweps whatsoever or else AOS, and this one is just no exception. Mayor can make whatever kind of laws they want, no matter how annoying it is, he can do it cause he's the mayor. So the next time the election comes up, participate in the voting and vote for people who you know are good mayors!.

TLDR, this shit is roleplay and theres not really much that can be done about it without damaging roleplay, which is like Sugar's agenda right now to promote everyone to roleplay the shit outta everything. Just look at the dev board(https://trello.com/b/rXir4ToV/titsrp-development). You see sugar revamp shit like judge gabe and lawyers all in the sake of roleplay and I'm honestly liking it.

I understand what you are trying to say, however you can say "its just Roleplay" about almost anything. if something is drastically effecting the server in a negative way as this is it should still be changed. also this would not be as large of an issue if revolts were balanced, But all the cp's can just run into the pd and sit behind 10 one way fences and thats gg. I also realize that there are other ways to "deal with it in Roleplay" such as mayors assassin or pd raid which are just as effective as the revolt, not. the assassin just gets gunned down after he cant show cuffs, and pd raid is basically just a less effective revolt. Even even fixing big law issues like this is a problem i think there should be a realistic way to deal with corrupt mayors, such as a recall vote. 

"It is then the duty of the police officers working under that mayor to secure anyone suspected of carrying a weapon." there is no suspicion cops just run around cuffing anyone and everyone.

"Logic would dictate to instead create a checkpoint in a highly populated area of town where checkpoints can be conducted in an orderly and routine manner." I 100% agree that a checkpoint where people are searched BEFORE being cuffed is fair and realistic in rp.

Random weapon checks doesn't feel like RP in the same manor that randomly arresting for suspected weapons isn't RP.

I usually want a reason for people to weapon check like these examples:

• checkpoints
  • mandatory weapon check when being fined
  • walking into pd gives police right to weapon check
  • Having a weapon out.

There are several ways to make weapon checks more healthy roleplay and random weapon checks just don't feel like rp at all since the police have no rp reason to weapon check which differs from other annoying laws like jaywalking, speed limit and no fly area where the player can control ther action to not get detained.

Random weapon checks doesn't feel like RP in the same manor that randomly arresting for suspected weapons isn't RP.

• checkpoints
  • Having a weapon out.

There are several ways to make weapon checks more healthy roleplay and random weapon checks just don't feel like rp at all since the police have no rp reason to weapon check which differs from other annoying laws like jaywalking, speed limit and no fly area where the player can control ther action to not get detained.

i 100% agree, great point.

stupid

yes its a very stupid argument this thread is drama imo but here we are

nailed it

irl police at least in most of the states search every single person they detain and they do cuff you first if they think you might have a gun. in this game you cant really order someone to do much to prove compliance such as irl how you would be asked to put your hands up, walk to the front of the cops cruiser and put your hands on the hood while they search you.

But the question of how those laws are carried out depends on the mayor. There ain't no moral or logic in darkrp(as most people knows), the mayor's word is like god's word and the CP carries out what he wants. He can choose to conduct person to person cuff check or he can set up checkpoints. Every mayor is different and you probably have seen checkpoints pops up now and then. And the simplest solution is to not vote the mayor who you deemed bad into office. I honestly don't know what rule sugar can create to even stop those kind of laws without damaging's peoples ability to have a different experience everytime theres a new mayor up(Cause drugs legal, weapons legal and no tax gets quite boring after a while)

I think cp will be locked behind a certain amount of +rep so if someone is a dick cp/mayor you can essentially ban them from being that job ever again or until they change their ways.

• checkpoints
  • Having a weapon out.

ily pickles and I see what you are saying. those are pretty good examples of standards our police should have BUT until sugar can give us that rep system to enforce those standards in a more realistic way the best we can do is attempt to solve it through rp. if a cp is shit at his job /demote him. if a mayor is shit at his job, kill his ass and try to keep him out of office, replace him with someone you know is better, or set the example yourself by taking charge of the pd as mayor who has actual authority over all the cp to the point you can fire them all for no goddamn reason if you want. if you have a reason, all the better, be the change you want to see. dont make this staffRP, thats just as bad except you cant do as much about it as a regular player. you just have to deal with it. less rules = more freedom = less stress for everyone.

Then add death penalties, such as a timer to respawn to removing the player from their jobs, but allowing them to go back to it after 10 seconds.

Also, cops are the main reason I rarely join. Its total bullshit nowadays, you cannot do ANYTHING without a 20k fine.

I mean seriously, RUNNING IS 20k? THATS TOTAL BS.

KILL THEM UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD

stupid

yes its a very stupid argument this thread is drama imo but here we are

nailed it

irl police at least in most of the states search every single person they detain and they do cuff you first if they think you might have a gun. in this game you cant really order someone to do much to prove compliance such as irl how you would be asked to put your hands up, walk to the front of the cops cruiser and put your hands on the hood while they search you.

I think cp will be locked behind a certain amount of +rep so if someone is a dick cp/mayor you can essentially ban them from being that job ever again or until they change their ways.

• checkpoints
  • Having a weapon out.

ily pickles and I see what you are saying. those are pretty good examples of standards our police should have BUT until sugar can give us that rep system to enforce those standards in a more realistic way the best we can do is attempt to solve it through rp. if a cp is shit at his job /demote him. if a mayor is shit at his job, kill his ass and try to keep him out of office, replace him with someone you know is better, or set the example yourself by taking charge of the pd as mayor who has actual authority over all the cp to the point you can fire them all for no goddamn reason if you want. if you have a reason, all the better, be the change you want to see. dont make this staffRP, thats just as bad except you cant do as much about it as a regular player. you just have to deal with it. less rules = more freedom = less stress for everyone.

Then add death penalties, such as a timer to respawn to removing the player from their jobs, but allowing them to go back to it after 10 seconds.

Also, cops are the main reason I rarely join. Its total bullshit nowadays, you cannot do ANYTHING without a 20k fine.

I mean seriously, RUNNING IS 20k? THATS TOTAL BS.

KILL THEM UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD

1. trying to better the server is not drama buddy.

2."kill his ass and try to keep him out of office" about 99% of the time the mayor just hides in pd and is vitually untouchable, especially if there is a jugg. 

3. more rules = less stress for players who are actually trying to rp and not make and reinforce minge laws.

4. "irl police at least in most of the states search every single person they detain and they do cuff you first if they think you might have a gun." i would be fine with this law if the weapon search was before the cuffing but cops just cuff anyone they see when this law is in act.

5. i know you are a big cp guy but try to see this from the point of view of a regular player just trying to rp not as a cp, you join the server as a job with a weapon, you leave spawn, before you can do anything or fight back you are cuffed searched then arrested, its utter bs.