Rule Confusion

Sticks

hecko, i am here today to discuss a subject near and dear to my heart. Adverting crossfire. As a staff member it is a part of my job to review staff applications and leave my feedback on them, and far too many times i have seen this. 

Adverting crossfire never has been, nor will it ever be a thing. it is not required to do, nor will you ever be punished for not doing it. 

It is extremely irritating dealing with a crossfire sit when the only thing that the prosecutor says is “He didn’t advert” or the defendant saying “well i adverted so”. 

Just as a reminder, the only required things to advert are: PD raids and Warns. Counter adverts are also not a thing but thats far less common. 

So please, if you’re and aspiring staff member or just a normal user, take this post into consideration. 

tldr: if i see one more crossfire advert i’m going to go ballistic. 

A guy killed 20 people in 2 seconds and adverted crossfire. Someone reports him for mass RDM. You take the sit and the guy instantly says when you tp him "I adverted crossfire"... welp... Gotta let him go. He mass RDMed but he adverted so I guess he's fine???

A guy killed 20 people in 2 seconds and adverted crossfire. Someone reports him for mass RDM. You take the sit and the guy instantly says when you tp him "I adverted crossfire"... welp... Gotta let him go. He mass RDMed but he adverted so I guess he's fine???

Well, if someone kills 20 people in 2 seconds it would be mass RDM, since there's no way in heck that would not be mass RDM.

What I think when someone calls crossfire, it means something like this:

Let's say a cop is inside the PD first door, then sees someone raiding the PD. The cop has a automatic gun, like a m4a1, and shoots down the raider, but in the process kills a civilian that was standing in front of the raider. It happens to me, and I have done it as well.

I would think that this is a appropriate time to advert a crossfire so it doesn't seem that you meant to kill said civilian, instead of blowing or shooting a heck ton of people and then calling crossfire. Because, obviously by common sense, it would be mass RDM.

I hope this makes sense. I'm bad at explaining stuff.

See when I deal with a Crossfire case I dont tell them "make sure to advert crossfire", I tell them. "Make sure they know you fucked up and accidentally killed them, Be it from PM's, OOC, or Advert if must be." If theres an agknowledgement of a mistake less issues occur during the sit.

I just make sure the killer and the killed both know it for the future. Cause shit happens, A stray bullet hits some jabroni and causes their anal cavities to explode in 37 directions then Someone gets upset.

Well, if someone kills 20 people in 2 seconds it would be mass RDM, since there's no way in heck that would not be mass RDM.

Let's say a cop is inside the PD first door, then sees someone raiding the PD. The cop has a automatic gun, like a m4a1, and shoots down the raider, but in the process kills a civilian that was standing in front of the raider. It happens to me, and I have done it as well.

I would think that this is a appropriate time to advert a crossfire so it doesn't seem that you meant to kill said civilian, instead of blowing or shooting a heck ton of people and then calling crossfire. Because, obviously by common sense, it would be mass RDM.

Race, I was joking. I was representing the idiots who say adverting crossfire relieves you from RDM

Race, I was joking. I was representing the idiots who say adverting crossfire relieves you from RDM

I know you were goofing. I'm just saying.