Updates on the crashing

Booper Scooper

(Just to inform everyone on what happened throughout the days) 

hecko everyone. As many of you know, we had kind of a crash crisis. Many player's Garry's Mod game was crashing completely and it wasn't just one. It was the entire server's game. Now, a lot of thought it was the models/weapons. So they were removed by Sugar to try and see if that would help. No, it did not. We had to deal with constant crashing and we did indeed lost a grand amount of players. During the day time, we had about 50/90 on the weekend. Even during the "minge hours" we had about that amount. Then we started to think it was the actual map. And even Gallium (the maker of the map) thought so too since he asked me and a phew others about it. We were dying out really. Slowly but surely. Then, today, Sugar found out what really made it crash. It was the cereal statue, and it HAD to have been it since the crashing had stopped greatly after Sugar got on and removed it. However, some players were complaining that they crash when they enter the PD. I went on the server to check it out, and I did not crash at all. I only crashed when I clicked 'E' on a hitman and that was all. 

Now, I am asking everyone these questions.

Have you crashed at all ever since Sugar removed the cereal statue?

If you did, then where did you crash?

What did you do right before you crashed?

Sugar has been requesting for us to send ANY crash dumps that have come out during this time. He sends them to developers and they take a look over it.

Crash dumps are usually located where your Gmod game is in file. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod

However, everything seems to be going smooth for player's. I think Sugar finally figured out what really made it crash. So, if you do have any ideas on what is making people crash still, then go ahead and comment below. And if you have a recording system, try and record yourself getting in to the game, and go to a specific area on where you have been crashing and where other people may be crashing. 

Regardless of how it goes, everything is working fine for me and I haven't seen anyone crash at all lately. Of course Sugar can just re-work the cereal statue, or completely remove the cereal system itself. As long as nothing bad is happening, (like over 100 individual player's gmod crashing only on the server) we're good.

Note:

• Server is doing better since the cereal statue was removed
  • People say that there is slight crashing in the PD, apparently. (Don't know 100% about that since I went all throughout the PD and didn't even lag)

If you can support anything that has been making it crash, then go ahead and explain please.

I have been on the server all day, while the server crashed multiple times and late into the night. I play CP mostly. I have been in the PD frequently through out the day and have never received a crash.

The server (ever since it started crashing) had about a hefty 80% of a crash.

Now that the cereal statue has been removed, (in my opinion) it has went down to a small 30%ish.

But regardless, it still effects players and that isn't good at all. I have not crashed at all lately but there is still a chance of immediate crash.

And @"Viscus1197" yeah some people did crash but I never got a word from them on where they exactly crashed. Perhaps the PD is 90% crash proof?

Even though I highly doubt that. Especially if I were to put it in a percentage. 

But either way, thanks for the information.

Sugar said that the gmod devs fixed two of the crashing issues and those will be fixed on the next gmod update.

Just crashed when uncuffing someone.

Crashed when someone threw a bacta grenade. Crashed when it hit the ground.