Rule clarifitcation

1-800-Suicide

So i've been seeing multiple people spamming a button to open a fading door to shoot through recently and I am quite sure ALL fading doors are supposed to be open for at elast 5 seconds according to MOTD http://prntscr.com/g6ckco.

You might be thinking this is no big deal and that it's technically allowed since it's not a "door"  but here are a few scanerios where it can heavily impede a raid or even be considered minging IMO:

• Raider is blowtorching a window that happens to be the defender's shooting fading door, the defender opens up the window with his button every few seconds to shoot the raider with 1 shot and then closing it again. This makes it so it's impossible to blowtorch the window and the raider has to wait until the defender opens the window or try another route
  • A raider is randomly checking for spots to lockpick with a fading door, he finds one and succesfully opens it. At this moment the defender sees it happening and closes it using his button, negating what the raider had done and forcing him to lockpcik again or take another route
  • A person walking by sees someone go into a fading door and quickly rushes to the door himself (let's say it akes him 2 seconds) . The moment he gets to the door it has been closed by a button and now he cannot get through a door that is supposed to be open for 5 seconds. Note that the intending raider sometimes cannot know if it's controlled by a button or not which alos can lead to sits if the door closes too early with a button

What I want is for this rule to be calrified ina post or in the motd since "button abusing" is happening so often andit's frustrating

For the first one thats FDA as he was stopping the raider for lockpicking etc.

For the second one thats FDA too as he stopped the player from getting inside and stopped him from lockpicking.

For the third one im not sure because he wasnt there when it opened and he wasnt raiding?

For the first one thats FDA as he was stopping the raider for lockpicking etc.

For the second one thats FDA too as he stopped the player from getting inside and stopped him from lockpicking.

For the third one im not sure because he wasnt there when it opened and he wasnt raiding?

That was not my main point but definetly true.

The point is if you spam a button for your own advantage like that i would say it's FDA. I want the fading doors must be open at least 5 seconds to apply to ALL fading doors, including those controlled by a button

I can clarify. I've argued with the admins enough about all this. I assume by button you mean the button tool and not the keyboard shortcut for your fading door.

• The only fading doors required to be attached to a 5s keypad are the ones leading to your shit, those are the only ones required to be open for at least five seconds.
  • Windows you shoot out of, alternative exits for your base, etc can be opened for a shorter period, especially if you use a button.
  • The use of buttons on fading doors to stop raiders who are keypad cracking, lock picking, using C4, or blowtorching is 100% fading door abuse, even if the fading door in question is not one of your 5 second fading doors. 
  • The last scenario would be okay since it was attached to a button.

I can clarify. I've argued with the admins enough about all this. I assume by button you mean the button tool and not the keyboard shortcut for your fading door.

• The only fading doors required to be attached to a 5s keypad are the ones leading to your shit, those are the only ones required to be open for at least five seconds.
  • Windows you shoot out of, alternative exits for your base, etc can be opened for a shorter period, especially if you use a button.
  • The use of buttons on fading doors to stop raiders who are keypad cracking, lock picking, using C4, or blowtorching is 100% fading door abuse, even if the fading door in question is not one of your 5 second fading doors. 
  • The last scenario would be okay since it was attached to a button.

Thanks for the response walter you are always in tune with the nitty gritty parts of the rules.