Jump to content

Old super mod uses his previous accomplishments, to persuade a Tmod to not give him a MRDM ban


Recommended Posts

Your In-Game Name:

Sabo

Your Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:709150682

Who are you reporting?:

Coconut Overflow, Steam_0:0:40538905

Why are you reporting this player?:

Coconut Overflow MRD x 4, then I believe he used his old prior knowledge and relations with staff to persuade and dodge the MRDM Ban. - Deserves a ban

Do you have evidence related to this incident?:

Yes

Relevant Info:

https://medal.tv/games/imported-clips/clips/njZ4D8YTmy6rhZJxd?invite=cr-MSxBdFEsNzQwNjg4MTQ4 ( clip of mrdm )
https://medal.tv/games/imported-clips/clips/njYYmPIU5IhBxWVvZ?invite=cr-MSxjUncsNzQwNjg4MTQ4 ( clip of sit,)

CocoNut Overflow decided to pull out an SBC cannon and killed 4 people. Knowing it's against the rules.

 

In the first clip, I was going around doing my BattlePass, and as shown, I get RDMed. I was not in an RP scene with him. He typed " /Advert CrossFire "  before killing 4 people, to permit himself to mrdm.  Then later in the clip in the kill feed you can see him killing another 2 people. At face value, killing 4 people is a mrdm ban, so  I assumed he was going to get banned. 

 

In the second clip, I was only able to clip midway through the sit; just know they were talking about his (coconuts)  2021 staff run, and how Coconut should've removed his old ban and warns.

 

Throughout the clip u can tell he has previous connections and even asked help from - Gods Left Testicle and fishinJew. Both of them in the clip confirm that it is indeed MRDM. FishinJew doubles down on that statement, saying he also got banned for a similar situation and there's nothing he can do.

 

 

Things he says in the sit that tries and in the end successfully persuades Tmod to lower his punishment

 

> "Logs don't tell shit"  0:30

> CoCo says that if only 1 person reports it only counts as rdm x 1  - debunked by 3 staff members in clip 2 

> Claims he deserves and will take a warning - RDM x1

> seconds later then says, " Are you really giving me a warning "  1:51

> tries to claim that 1 person was corssfired,  which clip 1  proves he killed 2 ppl ( me, and Player:  Eskimo24 )  and 2 more 30 seconds later 

> asked me, " Sabo, do you just want something instead?"  -- He tryna escape from it T_T

> claims again it's rdm x 1 

> "It's not going to for rdm x 1 when  my history is not like that "

> Claims it's malpractice of roleplay 4:10 - trying to downsize it 

>  states that his friends will make forum posts to hate/clowing on the acting staff member - 4:24

> tries to persuade JishinJew 4:40- 6:55

> "Am i being trolled rn " 

> tells everyone he's recording and will send it to Rubik-  6:10, 9;00, 11:00

> "doesn't matter if you have a clip"

> this sit should be closed in my opinion"  7:15
> tells mod " you don't even know what's going on"
> "we should just return eachother " 

> "It's just a kill bro" 
> " come on .... slippers.... Look at me bro...." 7:38

> " I was old head Admin bro, I get how shit all works  " 

>   tries apologizing to me, saying he will give me stuff in return for getting off free-  8:13

>"  The tmod guidelines say not to do that" 

> " I should still have the docs when I trained TMods myself 9:40

> "This is crazy, this is wild"

> "This is my first warn in ... " 

 

 

 

 

Around 7 minutes, you can tell the active tmod slippers,(  which was taking sits in the middle of one) . is fed up and just gives him a slap on the wrist. 

After being told it's up to staff's discretion for the ban, Coconuts starts acting weird, actively trying to get away from a punishment. After arguing with the staff, which I have never seen it happen for this long, he states that the Tmod - Slippers is being trolled by me, and later says that he's being trolled

 

Using your old background, knowledge, and connections to staff as grounds to prove you don't deserve a ban is cringe. This may be a late post since it happened 2 days ago, but I just realized I could report players on forums. Sorry for the moving around in clip 2, sit was like 20 min long. 

 

Also, I would like to know if there are rules for staff or retired staff for abusing power like this. 

 

Apparently this has changed? I've talked to melan and vex about this and they both said it's enough to ban off of. Which I personally agree with coconut here, it's stupid to ban someone for mrdm when only 1 person reports being rdm'd and seemingly no one else gaf. I'd feel differently about it if he killed like 20 people, but he only killed 4. Either way, the punishment is up to staff discretion, and a warn is more than a valid punishment for MRDM.

 

I'm going to be having debates about this with other staff members, because I personally think the whole banned bc 1 person is mad they died without losing anything is stupid.

 

A warn is more than enough punishment for this. -1

It's stupid he got a warn when he has been here forever. This wouldn't happen if it wad a new player, they'd get banned. If it was my sit I would have banned. 

 

+1 for mrdm ban

Edited by Dunkerwickle
  • Like 1

I will post this here for clarity sake, you only need 1 report to ban someone for MRDM, IE; Little Timmy is level 0 civillian who mows down 5 people but only one report.

Had Coconut been killing his friends and he caught you in that crossfire then he can be punished for your death as his friends will not care. I was not there nor can I confirm that those people were his friends or not.

 

Bottom line is you do not need 3 reports to ban for MRDM, as staff you need to do due diligence when dealing with cases such as this, not every MRDM needs to end in a ban, and you only need one sit to ban for it.

 

Considering this is 2 days old according to you and there is a chance players in those clips may not even remember what happened that night my vote is -1. 

 

I attached the logs on Page 2. +1 for Warn change from MRDM to RDM.

Edited by Vex
Logs provided | Vote change
4 hours ago, sabo said:

 

> "This is my first warn in ... " 

9 YEARS

 

His last warn was in 2017...So yeah...Also he's already been punished for this action given the warn is still on his record and you're the only one to have complained about it and in the video he said sorry...Genuine mistakes do happen and people get in the crossfire sometimes you were one of them. Since no one else complained, it's been 2 days, AND he was already punished for this I will be -1 for this also.

I get the warn's already been established and that this situation is "old" by now but I'm a fan of beating dead horses.

In the first clip provided of the MRDM it's clearly seen that he adverts "crossfire" in chat before shooting anyone. As if logs wouldn't show his chat prior to the kill.  Additionally, from watching the kill feed we can see he kills two more people only moments later without feeling the need to advert anything.

I've never heard of needing multiple people to report "MRDM" for it to be considered as such. Just because 3 of the 4 killed didn't find it necessary to make a sit doesn't mean the situation can be demoted to a lesser degree. All I see is a minge blatantly trying to tiptoe around the rules, then using his superb ability to talk over others to power trip his way through a sit.


Also, considering that his last punishments were years ago and that he was previously a staff member, Coconut should be highly aware of the server’s rules.

I'll be +1 for upgrading the punishment.
                                                                          Consider this dead horse beat.

EDIT: Groundbreaking evidence has been released days after this entire situation happened showing that the final two killed players were an act of self defense, with one genuinely being a crossfire. I redact my vote and now ask for a +1 to change the warn from MRDM to RDMx2. 

                                                                            Dead horse is beat a second time.

Edited by turfburn
Logs were finally provided

Considering this is MRDM, regardless of who it was, I'd default to a ban. If it was a new player who JUST installed Gmod, I'd consider a warn. However, this player has been here for a LONG time. So long, that I have seen them almost every time I'm on. They know the rules, they know it is wrong. To me, it doesn't matter that "only one person was bothered". It's about upholding the rules we were literally brought into the staff team to enforce.  +1  for ban.

Edited by Jeebs

The player hasn't played in a long time from which logs has shown me and hasn't been on staff for a while the person seemed like he just wanted to understand why he was being punished because back when he was staffed 3 people HAD to make the report to be punished for MRDM the player has no active priors of almost any kind I felt it was right to give him a warn he wasn't like every other man trying to just kill everyone he had intent to play the game and he did he was on hours after having a good time I think the punishment should stay the same -1

  • Like 1
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...