Map Change

Helen Keller

Which map would you like to change to?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which map would you like to change to?

• EvoCity v33x
    • Keep Downtown v2
    • Evilmelon

Sugar you say that map changes kill the server. Do you know how many other darkrp servers have maps other then downtown and thrive. I don't think different maps kill servers because if they did then superior should be dead because they've switched multiple times.

Sugar you say that map changes kill the server. Do you know how many other darkrp servers have maps other then downtown and thrive. I don't think different maps kill servers because if they did then superior should be dead because they've switched multiple times.

It's different when you are and have been the #1 server for a long time. Changing maps would be easy is we had a very active community. In the past day we have had 41 members visit the forums. 58 if you're counting all members within 48 hours.

SuperiorServers has had 125 active members on their forums in the past 24 hours. That's 3 times the amount we have. Even if 20 people played on the server often and those 20 people were part of the group of 41 then having 125 people would be 3 times that amount which would be 60 people on the server.

Having people on the server is the fix but the mindset of people is "I am not going to join a server that has 12 people on it. That's not fun". I know it's not freaking fun but if you join the server when it has that lower playercount then you increase it. Later it would be 20 people and people would say "I will join that server and see whats up"

Catch my logic? I know it's not 1:1 and randoms make up the majority of the playerbase but..yea their community is much bigger than ours.

They got big for a reason, I don't know if they had advertisements or just got big by ransoms becoming actives but if you know what got them that big why not do what they did. I'm trying to think about what makes them popular and in the past I did join them because they had like 100 people on the server. They obviously did something that we didn't, maybe we should hire a detective

Map Change Pros:

-Not an idiotic Downtown map

-Better buildings and/or PD

-More job opportunities if there are map features that allow them

-New feel of the map

-More possibilities for different activities

-More Space

Map Change Cons:

-Playerbase hates change

-Map could be horribly optimized

-May kill playerbase

-Some features may need removal.

Map Change Pros:

-Not an idiotic Downtown map

-Better buildings and/or PD

-More job opportunities if there are map features that allow them

-New feel of the map

-More possibilities for different activities

-More Space

Map Change Cons:

-Playerbase hates change

-Map could be horribly optimized

-May kill playerbase

-Some features may need removal.

In my opinion we do not really have much of a playerbase as is. As for features needing removed, if you are talking about map related things needing removed  I can cover that.

Changing maps would only bring positive things to the server as long as it's a good map. It's just as this server's history has told us, if it's not downtown then it's not worth playing. We are the minority. The people who browse the forums make up for 20% or less of the actual active playerbase. It's all normals and randoms that just come on the server but don't interact or join the community. But in the end I highly and sincerely doubt that changing maps will do anything good besides pushing the knife further into the server.

Plus again, I highly doubt any of this is true, of course everyone wants a map change but it's seriously not the answer. The point of DarkRP is to play and then get bored and then swap in and out. That's how it has ALWAYS been. No one is supposed to stay forever. It's a large circle that the playerbase and staff members revolve around. Just switching Hosts seriously killed us. I guarantee if we never made the attempt to swap hosts then our playerbase would still be very much alive since we were maxing out a day before the swap.

I think tomorrow the player count should shoot back up to at least 35. I think its just because its July 4th that no one is playing. I still would very much like to change maps or at least just try it out for a few days and if its not successful we just revert the changes. However, sugar if you feel as if this will just murder our server then lets not carry through with this map change idea.