Sleepy Tomoko Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 Is there any more to the clip? overall a rule was broken so +1 for strike Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154255 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tene Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, KingSkullyDev said: I was physgunned then killed in spawn, I did not want to be killed and he did it anyway. he gave me a gold gun and i didnt kno it was a bribe until my friend explained it to me. I do think this was admin abuse and want him dmoted did u write this bc this is copy and pasted from discord also i just saw the clip between you and chesmond ingame and you literally said you dont care and didnt care about dying so im not sure why there is a magic switchup (you are copying what someone sent you on discord and pasting it) 3 hours ago, Money Man said: EDIT: anything purposeful, including freezing your friends, should not be happening as staff imo if ur doing something silly with your friend and some random reports it then it shouldnt really matter (if its not something being done excessively), but from what i can tell here these 2 people are not friends but were both having a laugh with eachother or something, and the player being physgunned didnt actually care until much later on when seemingly someone sent him bar for bar what to say (discord highlight background) Anyways, from what I can tell just off of reading this post, the situation is: This guy ran back into spawn to avoid RP or dying to Frisco, Frisco physgunned them out of spawn to kill them and they both laughed about it and found it funny, from the clip from chesmond (staff chat only rn i think) the person said they did not care and had no guns or anything which leads me to believe what Frisco said was true about it just being them messing with eachother as silly joke. Either way, it is not allowed to do this, I can admit myself to having done silly things to friends (because its Garry's Mod), but I think my issue here is that these players aren't friends, they were just bantering. I don't like how the player affected is not the one who reported this, and only replied much later with a copy and pasted text that is completely different to what they said ingame when asked about it. I don't think this is a major issue/major staff abuse, but it is technically ''abusing'' staff powers on mainland - you could argue it was for the purpose of dealing with a rulebreak as the person failRPed by going back into spawn to avoid RP, but killing him was probably not the move to deal with this rulebreak - again though, if these guys are bantering you wouldnt actually want to warn or ban someone over something like walking back into spawn, so dragging them out and killing them is quite funny. Physgunning someone on mainland after they break a rule is fine imo, physgunning them after they break a rule to kill them isnt I do think that in the future the player being affected should be the one reporting, but based off of precedent and also just my personal opinion that its GMod and its doing something silly for a chuckle to solve a rulebreak instead of going full cancer mode and warning them , I think a strike is fine. If this is something that was being repeated several times on this player in spawn (ie they spawn and he physguns them out) then I think he should be demoted, but from the clip it was a 1 time thing that he did to settle a rulebreak instead of an actual punishment because both were bantering and didnt care. +1 for a strike on Frisco If i am wrong about any of this post then msg me on discord (tene.), it is 4am and i just woke up so I'm making my conclusions based off of everything ive read in this post but may be missing additional context. Edited January 8, 2025 by Tene Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154257 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Decent Human Being Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 This is certainly a bit far and wouldn't want this to happen to me without my consent. I am confused because you two were doing that for quite a while in spawn tunnels and this is what broke the camel's back. Especially when at the time it looked like you guys were mutually enjoying the back and fourth and having fun so I don't know why this turned into this. I don't understand why you need to make an appeal on another player when you weren't directly affected. In my opinion for anything to happen it should always be the affected player to make the report. We have denied previous reports because the person reporting isn't affected but I can kind of see the argument that staff physgun abusing affects everyone. When I was on at the time it just looked like banter. Asking for the full demotion of an SMOD over this shows the clear problems people have with the staff team. There is no need for maximum punishment on a player who has been staff across many years without issue. Especially when Frisco has 0 active strikes against him. I am +1 for a strike at the this time. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154258 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Henchy Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 58 minutes ago, Decent Human Being said: This is certainly a bit far and wouldn't want this to happen to me without my consent. I am confused because you two were doing that for quite a while in spawn tunnels and this is what broke the camel's back. Especially when at the time it looked like you guys were mutually enjoying the back and fourth and having fun so I don't know why this turned into this. I don't understand why you need to make an appeal on another player when you weren't directly affected. In my opinion for anything to happen it should always be the affected player to make the report. We have denied previous reports because the person reporting isn't affected but I can kind of see the argument that staff physgun abusing affects everyone. When I was on at the time it just looked like banter. Asking for the full demotion of an SMOD over this shows the clear problems people have with the staff team. There is no need for maximum punishment on a player who has been staff across many years without issue. Especially when Frisco has 0 active strikes against him. I am +1 for a strike at the this time. I agree with this, Imo it does look bad on the clip but the affected person should report it. also I'm pretty sure we've all physgunned each other and our friends before. if the person getting physgunned is ok with it in the end I don't think any punishments should happen unless its clearly being abused. But anyways as of now I am +1 on a strike. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154262 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kermit The Frog Posted January 8, 2025 Author Share Posted January 8, 2025 2 hours ago, Tene said: This guy ran back into spawn to avoid RP or dying to Frisco, Frisco physgunned them out of spawn to kill them see the thing is he never left spawn becuase a ton of people were just camping safezone border. So he had no reason to kill him still. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154268 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tene Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 in response to whatever goatnuts is on about (for staff to see) the difference between frisco's situation and his is that he noclipped and physgunned someone on top of fountain for literally no reason other than to abuse his perms. Giving an sbc cannon to a new player so they mass rdm also just isnt anything comparable to this situation, im not sure why he's trying to 1) get himself involved as he normally does and 2) bringing up irrelevant things like his demote for giving sum1 stuff to mrdm with. This situation is Player A and Staff member have been meming with eachother for 10-20 minutes (idk how long it was someone said over an hour but surely not), Player A leaves spawn and then runs back in to avoid dying, Staff member uses his physgun on Player A to drag them out of spawn and kill them. Is Staff member in the right? Absolutely not. Did Player A break a rule? Yes. Did Staff member physgun them to correct their rulebreak? Yes. If Frisco had physgunned them in spawn and shook them around a bit and told them hey you're not allowed to do that, then it'd be fine. If Frisco had !shame'd them, Player A still would have died but it would've been valid as it was a staff punishment. The issue is he corrected the rulebreak by killing him instead of with a staff punishment, which he has said here he did because they were having banter and he didnt want to have to give an actual punishment. The real issue is that without context (he should have said in voice chat hey you cant go back into spawn to avoid rp or something) other people see it and will think its abuse or fine to do that stuff, which causes issues later down the line with people who apply for tmod etc and maybe reproduce that behaviour, but its not by any means a big enough abuse of power to warrant a full demote in my opinion as he was doing it to resolve a rulebreak without being a bastard and going all out on warning/punishing - and I'm not sure why some people here are pretending theyve never physgunned their friend for fun, it's GMod. Frisco has been staff several times over the last 5 years, and has never received a strike that I can remember. I don't think this should be a full demote at all but should absolutely be a strike as it is not a good example to be setting to others nor is it allowed. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154284 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kermit The Frog Posted January 8, 2025 Author Share Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) 22 minutes ago, Tene said: Player A leaves spawn and then runs back in to avoid dying, My question is where are you getting this? There was "Crips" camping outside of spawn to kill us because we were "Bloods". Did the people camping get any type of punishment for camping spawn? No. He simply Physgunned him out because he wanted to kill him. We did not want to leave spawn to avoid getting killed as soon as we left. We were in spawn for about 15-20 minutes before he Physgunned him out and wrongfully killed him. Edited January 8, 2025 by Kermit The Frog Adding on Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154286 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tene Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) 17 hours ago, Frisco said: edit: Also I feel the need to clarify that this player was going to be punished for sitting in spawn to avoid rp otherwise. this is where i was getting it from, anyways i will try not to clutter this post i prob shouldnt have replied to goatnuts hidden reply but if you want to ask me questions about my replies or whatever msg me on discord (tene.) and after we have conversation u can post whatever u want here about what we discussed if u feel its relevant ! :3 edit to add stuff: If he hadn't walked back into spawn to avoid rp or whatever and was just sat in spawn then I am starting to see why this report was made because that does make it more serious than I had originally thought. From precedent and personal opinion I still do think it should be a strike, but in my mind this makes the strike a lot more severe with way more validity to it than what I had previously thought. Edited January 8, 2025 by Tene 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154290 Share on other sites More sharing options...
newest player Posted January 8, 2025 Share Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) 39 minutes ago, Tene said: edit to add stuff: If he hadn't walked back into spawn to avoid rp or whatever and was just sat in spawn then I am starting to see why this report was made because that does make it more serious than I had originally thought. From precedent and personal opinion I still do think it should be a strike, but in my mind this makes the strike a lot more severe with way more validity to it than what I had previously thought. He hadn’t run back into spawn (atleast in this clip or that I remember). After awhile of killing each other outside of spawn, He began an rp interaction with me IN spawn. This is why I wanted him to leave. Hopefully this clears this up! Edited January 8, 2025 by Frisco 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154291 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tene Posted January 15, 2025 Share Posted January 15, 2025 Accepted Frisco will be given a strike for Physgun Abuse Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22445-admin-abuse-asf/page/3/#findComment-154473 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts