Hex_ Posted August 23, 2024 Share Posted August 23, 2024 Your In-Game Name: Hex Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67970096 Who are you reporting?: Ron Paul2012 (STEAM_0:1:25433519) Why are you reporting this player?: Tried to warn them about telling players to RDM (he was complaining that nobody was taking his sits for RDM) and then he said "I never rdm'd you nonce". I was fairly certain what that word meant because I'd heard it before but just in case he was doing a simple insult that I simply didn't understand due to a language barrier, but upon looking it up, the slang is "Noun · (British, Ireland, derogatory) A sex offender, especially one who is guilty of sexual offences against children. · (by extension) A pedophile". I had simply replied "did you just call me a predator, in british?" and he never responded/ specified. I made a ticket but the staff that are/ were on right now didn't take it, and this isn't something I take lightly. Do you have evidence related to this incident?: Yes Relevant Info: https://imgur.com/a/v36nXie Screenshot of the chat logs where I suggested he not incite other players to RDM (as he said everyone should just free for all, and he mentioned he was new, so I didn't want him to get in trouble for something silly like inciting), to which he called me a nonce. 4 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fabrizio Posted August 23, 2024 Share Posted August 23, 2024 Hey Hex, I just wanna know, where do think they are from? Where does their accent sound from? If they sounded British then boy I have news for you. Not to say that they didn't mean what they called you in the way that you are are assuming, but from personal experience and from this photo above, I don't think they meant it in that way. I'll be neutral for punishment as I want to see what the other staff think of this. I truly doubt they meant in the way you think it was meant. It could just be slang/ "language barrier" Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149846 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hex_ Posted August 23, 2024 Author Share Posted August 23, 2024 2 minutes ago, Fabrizio said: Hey Hex, I just wanna know, where do think they are from? Where does their accent sound from? If they sounded British then boy I have news for you. Not to say that they didn't mean what they called you in the way that you are are assuming, but from personal experience and from this photo above, I don't think they meant it in that way. I'll be neutral for punishment as I want to see what the other staff think of this. I truly doubt they meant in the way you think it was meant. It could just be slang/ "language barrier" It was only in text unfortunately, but when I looked it up myself to confirm the meaning of the word (so I wouldn't make an unnecessary report and waste people's time), the only definition I got, British or not, was a "rapist", specifically a a pedophile. Nowhere have I seen this particular definition meaning just "a foolish person", or else I wouldn't have made the report. I genuinely think it was a case of someone being salty for 0 reason and throwing the worst insult they could think of. I don't even want to reach for a crazy punishment or anything either, like I said, nobody took the ticket I made to at least tell this person that calling someone that was not something to joke about or accuse someone of (I've had many cases where someone is just being edgy in the most.... d i s g u s t i n g way possible and explain that our community does not like those types of "jokes") and then they, in most cases, don't do it again. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149847 Share on other sites More sharing options...
VoN Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 2 hours ago, Fabrizio said: It could just be slang/ "language barrier" it's not a slang, it's very commonly used as a pedophile insult. absolutely noone uses this word outside of that. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149849 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fabrizio Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 1 hour ago, goodnight said: It was only in text unfortunately, but when I looked it up myself to confirm the meaning of the word (so I wouldn't make an unnecessary report and waste people's time), the only definition I got, British or not, was a "rapist", specifically a a pedophile. Nowhere have I seen this particular definition meaning just "a foolish person", or else I wouldn't have made the report. I genuinely think it was a case of someone being salty for 0 reason and throwing the worst insult they could think of. I don't even want to reach for a crazy punishment or anything either, like I said, nobody took the ticket I made to at least tell this person that calling someone that was not something to joke about or accuse someone of (I've had many cases where someone is just being edgy in the most.... d i s g u s t i n g way possible and explain that our community does not like those types of "jokes") and then they, in most cases, don't do it again. hey after rereading everything, I was incorrect, I had a couple words mixed up so yeah your right. I had a little mix up! You are right, you are defining nonce in the correct way, I’m sorry if there were any mix-ups. No matter if it’s “slang” or not that’s still a horrible word that shouldn’t be said. 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149850 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fabrizio Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 1 minute ago, VoN said: it's not a slang, it's very commonly used as a pedophile insult. absolutely noone uses this word outside of that. Your right, I now realize that no one using is for that “slang”, that word shouldn’t be used no matter what. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149851 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tene Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 as real official brit i can confirm nonce means pedophile. nonce is a funny word. +1 for warning for player toxicity as no priors for this Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149852 Share on other sites More sharing options...
playboycartifan123 Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 Pedo accusations are major, +1 for a toxicity warn and a note on him for pedo accusations. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149853 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Community Removal Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 +1 for toxicity warn. And we should let the player know calling other players things like that is taken very seriously here 1 Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149854 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fabrizio Posted August 24, 2024 Share Posted August 24, 2024 I agree with everyone +1 for toxicity warn. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/21853-player-calling-me-a-nonce/#findComment-149857 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts