AdvDupe2 + Shadow Remover

prozedd

Category:

Quality of Life

Priority:

High

Description:

Props that have had their shadows removed using the Shadow Remover tool don't get copied properly when copying the base with advdupe2. Some props (id say about 5%?) have there shadows removed when repasting the dupe, forcing the player to go over every prop with shadow remover.

How to reproduce:

Create a base, use shadow remover tool on all props. Copy, save, and paste with advdupe2.

I considered this bug a high priority due to the fact, that the shadow remover tool does a lot for bases. It removes the buggy flashing colors when props are stacked together, and also removes inconsistencies with colors due to shadows.

Just now, prozedd said:

Category:

Quality of Life

Priority:

High

Description:

Props that have had their shadows removed using the Shadow Remover tool don't get copied properly when copying the base with advdupe2. Some props (id say about 5%?) have there shadows removed when repasting the dupe, forcing the player to go over every prop with shadow remover.

How to reproduce:

Create a base, use shadow remover tool on all props. Copy, save, and paste with advdupe2.

I considered this bug a high priority due to the fact, that the shadow remover tool does a lot for bases. It removes the buggy flashing colors when props are stacked together, and also removes inconsistencies with colors due to shadows.

a possible fix could be incorporating a standalone material that removes the shadows. So basically a material with its shadows removed. if possible. thank you.

2 hours ago, prozedd said:

Priority:

High

i feel like anything that falls into QOL is inherently not high priority lmao. that being said. the only situation where this is needed is those hidden skybases in kinngdom. aside from that mainly some public bases might want it but it isnt much more than a cosmetic change

Edited by Insurance Agent

51 minutes ago, Insurance Agent said:

the only situation where this is needed is those hidden skybases in kinngdom.

i think you are missing the point. make a base yourself and use shadow remover tool and tell me there isn't a clear difference. it makes players stand out more. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 1-800-Suicide said:

When I have saved shadow removed props it saves the props but not the shadow remover effect. would be nice qol if it saved that

idiot