🗺️Time for a Change: Let’s Explore the Possibilities of rp_c18_v2🔍

Lavender

should we change  

14 members have voted

1. 1. 🗳️Should We Switch to the rp_c18_v2 Map? Cast Your Vote!👀

• Yes, I’m ready for a change and excited to explore the new map!
    • No, I’m happy with the current map and don’t see a need to switch.

18 hours ago, Rubik said:

both of these maps (c18 & evocity) have a special place in my heart and both appeal to a very specific type of server. I would love to find a decent server that uses either of these maps. I know Kdawg doesn't like the evocity map because of how insanely large it is.

omg i would love to have a larger map for the future, i would love to base cozy somewhere away from people, with the current map the only cozy zone thats away from people would be the island house and even still a lot of people gather around there, specially for fishing

18 hours ago, Rubik said:

both of these maps (c18 & evocity) have a special place in my heart and both appeal to a very specific type of server. I would love to find a decent server that uses either of these maps. I know Kdawg doesn't like the evocity map because of how insanely large it is.

I'm willing to play Devil's Advocate for Evocity. For the purpose of this post, Evocity will refer to rp_evocity_v33x. I'll start by asking why TitsRP can't be that decent server? On a 100+ player night, I can easily see evocity being used to its full potential.

Evocity has plenty of features that overlap with downtown_tits_v2 such as

. dedicated gambling area

. fountain/park (where the current NPCs could be placed)

. PD with jail (honestly, that jail could be its own PrisonRP)

. good size body of water that could be used for fishing (rip scuba diver and shark jobs)

. A large selection of shops, homes, and industrial bases to rp in

Evocity's size can actually enhance the RP and playability of the server. Vehicles are readily available and can easily overcome the large horizontal size of the map. Maybe more vehicles can be added since Evocity has a built-in car dealership (TDM Cars anyone?). There is an off-road slum that can easily serve as a hobo homeland. PD is super big and houses a FBI office (CP mains would rejoice). There is a built-in hospital (I'd move the health station there and have a separate armor station still in the pd) that borders the suburbs and could spread the population out a bit.

I'll quickly address the lack of sewers. Evocity does not have sewers. It makes up for it with a lot of large warehouse/industrial scale bases. Those are more or less the same type of bases that are in the sewers. If the sewers section of downtown_tits_v2 was its own horizontal section, then downtown_tits_v2 would likely be as large as evocity_v33x.

Thank you for reading my mini essay.

On 7/28/2023 at 6:12 PM, Rubik said:

Evocity will fall into the trap that our current map already suffers from. Parts of the map unused because they're either too far away to travel, or do not offer any sort of good base spots.

A lot of our current problems also stem from the models, lag and even as far as the large map thing is concerned props on top of all of it. I just feel like taxing us with more on this side is only a hinderance and think if we change the map it should be around the same size to a slightly smaller map to give us more wiggle room in terms of the issues with our current limitations.

3 hours ago, The Worst Dad said:

Evocity will fall into the trap that our current map already suffers from. Parts of the map unused because they're either too far away to travel, or do not offer any sort of good base spots.

All bases are good if you are creative enough