BEST SUGGESTION KNOWN TO MAN: REMOVE COINFLIPS

VoN

I don't think I should elaborate on this one. It's creates nothing but drama, and this community endorses gambling! If this keeps up, I'm gonna go coinflip all of my money in real life!!

It's come to a point where every time I receive money from a commission, I stare at my balance and ponder the opportunity of potentially doubling it if I just dumped it all into an online gambling site. It's all because of TitsRP's toxic gambling system! I whole-heartedly believe if we had these abilities stripped away from us, we would be regain our sanity over time. And whoever disagrees with this suggestion, has been utterly brainwashed.

Please help us! Remove coinflipping!

Edited by VoN
  • Sad Clown 1

Neutral

While I think gambling was a poor choice to add to the server and generates a lot of toxicity and unhealthy interaction, I think an all-out removal may be drastic. I think banning players who allow it to consistently affect how they interact within the server - certain players come to mind - would be a better middle ground and would both make an attempt at helping them and lowering server hostility among some members without having to resort to other forms of punishment.

As a general rule though, I do think it's generally a poor addition. I don't like the idea of this server being a place to fuel addiction, especially since people can pay real money for suga to use in coin flips and it's not something that purely affects your in-game currency.

Some people might have a problem controlling themselves when it comes to gambling. And i suppose since alot of gmod players are underage they can't comprehend the ramifications. However, gambling adds alot of profit to some players, it has introduced a new way to spend your money in a way that doesn't just make money disappear (using raiding tools and dying or buying hella suga for pet lootcrates and bp skipping as an example)

Besides, im sure the Super Admins don't mind the money spent on gambling suga. There is always the option of turning gambling off, if you are one such individual who cannot control your impulses.Don't gamble money you aren't willing to lose ")

Edited by Goldfish0

11 minutes ago, Goldfish0 said:

Some people might have a problem controlling themselves when it comes to gambling. And i suppose since alot of gmod players are underage they can't comprehend the ramifications. However, gambling adds alot of profit to some players, it has introduced a new way to spend your money in a way that doesn't just make money disappear (using raiding tools and dying or buying hella suga for pet lootcrates and bp skipping as an example)

Besides, im sure the Super Admins don't mind the money spent on gambling suga. There is always the option of turning gambling off, if you are one such individual who cannot control your impulses.Don't gamble money you aren't willing to lose ")

jokes aside.. the disable gambling button should be better.. especially when the command to unblock it is so easily available lmfao

1 hour ago, VoN said:

jokes aside.. the disable gambling button should be better.. especially when the command to unblock it is so easily available lmfao

We can add something that perma blocks it. The amount of people who have dmed me and said "I accidently did this because I wanted to see what happened" is remarkable. Clearly, there is a lack of self control if you have to go out sniffing for the command to enable coin flips again

If coinflips feeds a gambling addiction, they need to seek help. Be a little self aware and do yourself a favor because if you cant help yourself, no one can help you. I ain't removing coinflips

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We can add something that perma blocks it. The amount of people who have dmed me and said "I accidently did this because I wanted to see what happened" is remarkable. Clearly, there is a lack of self control if you have to go out sniffing for the command to enable coin flips again

If coinflips feeds a gambling addiction, they need to seek help. Be a little self aware and do yourself a favor because if you cant help yourself, no one can help you. I ain't removing coinflips

but my darkrp cash!!

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Real.

Like I said earlier, if you can't take the heat get the fuck out of the kitchen

• Like 1