Should blackout bases be outlawed?

Kaboing

Should blackout bases be outlawed?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should blackout bases be outlawed?

• Yes
    • No, fuck you

I was talking to sugar about blackout bases and he wants to see how other people feel about it. I know alot of people are going to hate me for this *cough* tk tyrant *cough* ,but I feel these bases make you nearly unraidable if you dont have a blowtorch. I want a vote on the poll and if you want to tell me why you voted that way.

I mean, hey, if you have a good strategy and you are technically still raidable, then go for it. 

Yes, I completely understand where you're coming from, because I will almost never raid anyone with such a complex base. But no rules are being broken, he's just being super strategic.

Yes - I completely understand your situation, but they're legal and one of the only ways to not be raided.

If someone sees an all black base either inside, or outside, they'll want to stay away.

The point of basing is to not he raided, and if your base isn't intimidating then you'll be raided.

Thanks Kabo for making this thread actually. I entirely believe blackout bases are complete nonsense, it's just when they aren't against the rules it's all people will use.

Black Out Base Opinion:

One way props should be allowed in a sense, I'd more or less go with that a player can not be able to be shot and NOT know where it's coming from. The worldglow+fence is my main target with this statement. There's so many better ways to build and when you give players those tools, there's zero creativity. I have shown before that that's not the only way to build good bases.

Crouch-related Base Opinion:

Now crouch bases that make use of the slowed speed of the slowed speed over a long period of time, bases that use fences so that headshots would have happened even if the target could see. I want to highlight that last bit

"even if the target COULD see"

On top of the fences being in such a way that they abuse the head poking through them, players who use them claim that it does not abuse the headshot+crouch tactic because the target could shoot back.

These designs lack creativity because players say that not using them is vastly inferior. I can build base after base WITHOUT blackout and WITHOUT using crouch spots to just use as a "kill funnel" I built a base lastnight that used neither (But being the dumb I am, I deleted the base as some people can remember seeing me kick myself for it.)  

If all of you feel your bases are good, I challenge you to make bases without making use of forcing players to crouch over long period, not using blackout, and not using a 1-way fence. Storefront gate is fine. This challenge was proposed to me by the user "Officer Bucky" a while back and I completed it with ease since I build as much as I do. It's doable and if you think otherwise, you're doing something wrong. I can adjust all of my bases to fit these terms, but there's no reason to when it puts me at such a disadvantage.

On top of that, these statements should say it all

"I will almost never raid anyone with such a complex base"

"one of the only ways to not be raided....The point of basing is to not he raided, and if your base isn't intimidating then you'll be raided."

"people will still be unraidable...Crouching areas, one way props, all that shit."

"They are just too intimidating and confusing."

Also I'd like to mention that bases aren't meant to be unraidable for your reasons of protection, they should be challenging for the raider so they atleast stand a chance to a degree. While that chance isn't above 50% in my case, it's still above 5%

Also, Kabo, my bases are still rather "impossible" to raid even with a blowtorch :D

But it also has nothing to do with the base being blackout.

I come from gangwars i can make a base without crouching for long and without blackout i just like to make blackout bases because it makes it easy for me to afk and not worry about being raided. Anyone in the server can vouch for me that i AFK a fuck ton ill make a base tomorrow thats really good without being a blackout or without using crouches or one way fences too tired to do it now Good day everyone.

I come from gangwars i can make a base without crouching for long and without blackout i just like to make blackout bases because it makes it easy for me to afk and not worry about being raided. Anyone in the server can vouch for me that i AFK a fuck ton ill make a base tomorrow thats really good without being a blackout or without using crouches or one way fences too tired to do it now Good day everyone.

Shadoe, we're both from there. Not to mention I was staff there lol. We had to build like that or die basically. Build like we do in GW, only downfall is the lack of the materials tho.