Journey Journal

Spartan

Day 204

Once again I find myself to be empty handed after a long day of rummaging around in trash in-front of the public. At this point in time I have a trash collection of 4,102. I started collecting trash 4 days ago so this number does not include the time spent since I started. God has chosen that I do not have the right to get the hobo pet into my procession. I have become a soulless shell of someone that used to be. I only have dumpsters.

• Like 2

Day 205 & 206

Forgot to get yesterday but it doesn't matter cause nothing happened, except for the update that has changed a lot including stuff about hobo pet. Went up from 1/4000 to 1/3000 and dumpsters spawn about every 3 minutes instead of four. Expectedly I didn't get it on the first day of the update but I am feeling good for the future.

• Like 4

Day 211

As I keep forgetting to do this I'm just going to do them every now and again. Absolutely nothing of importance has happened in the past week. I have not found the hobo pet but I am still actively searching. 

Current trash collection numbers: 5,788

It's a miracle that I have not gotten it yet.

Edited by Spartan
  • Like 1

Day 216

Over 200 days of searching and it has been found; by someone else.

I might come on and do a big trash drop, which will also probably be the last time I'll be on.

Edited by Spartan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • crybaby -1 1

12 minutes ago, ❤️ It's Ya Boi Green ❤️ said:

The journey has ended. Spartan has a hobo pet.

spacer.png🙌

My depression is now gone. Thank you green for this generous gift, you are certified best admin

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

752 Days. 2 years have passed since the addition of the Hobo pet. When I first started this journey I was still in school living with my parents. I went on the server to goof and gaff and played less after leaving staff. When the pet was released I had no intention of fighting against the 1/20,000 odds. I only took the grind seriously after about 200 days of not a single person being able to find it. And for 39 days straight I ravaged through thousands of dumpsters, collecting 10s of thousands of different pieces of trash. Through this time the odds of the Hobo pet decreased incrementally until someone could actually get it. More and more people would hop on the search hoping as well to make history. Little did we all fucking know that it was completely broken and was unobtainable. The first signs of this travesty began with dumpsters not respawning, simply after a few hours or less of grinding them would cause it to break. I messaged Sugar complaining about the halt, Sugar would have to manually spawn them in until he found the problem, so when they stopped respawning I messaged him about, he fixed it, I got back to grinding, repeat. THE day that Sugar resolved the problem, It was found…

Zab, a member of the community, was the first to get the Hobo pet. Fair enough, I deserve it. I regretfully slowed down my search without knowledge that it would be fixed. Apparently there was an error when giving the pet to a player causing them to break and stop spawning. This means I should have gotten it at least 9 times over maybe more, but likely not seeing how after it first got found the odds increased to the original 1/20,000. The events leading after were unexpecting as good friend of mine Its Ya Boi Green generously gifted me a Hobo pet, this of course did give me some closure, enough to take a break from the server and get a life.

Fast Forward to today and I have no words, except all the ones above this. I found it. The end of my break, probably around a week before getting on again after over a year it started to creep into my mind. Almost a sort of unfinished business, something I needed and wanted to do, I didn’t want all this time spent for nothing and that was enough to motivate me back into shoveling trash from dumpsters and finding it myself. First getting on I quickly realized that 17 Hobo pets have been found in total and the hype is probably dead by now. Even after seeing the battle pass and all the pets that have been added I still wanted to get it myself. And thank God I did, I really thought I’d be spending another month looking. But in just a few days and about 2-3 hours allocated I found it. Coming to the end of this yapping session I want to bring attention to a very important claim that I totally take seriously and want upheld 2 years after being said. 🙂 

spacer.png

TL;DR

I found the Hobo petspacer.png

Edited by Spartan
  • Like 4