Old TitsRP Raiding System

moat.gg Duck

In 2017 TitsRP basing/raiding was fun, now it's less fun and has so much more restrictions. I remember when I could base anywhere and make a base that was able to be defended, literally anywhere. Now you can only base in places that are big and only have 1 entrance. There is no basing anywhere, anymore, that's just the way it is, if you decide to base somewhere that's small it takes 1 c4 and  you're done. I missed when all there was to raid was blowtorches, lockpicks, and keypad crackers. Now you have c4, material grenades, timebombs, etc. It's just too much, you can no longer build how you use too, you have to focus on not making your base look as good, now you have to focus on making a giant wall of steel beams, turning stacker tool on and stacking it all the way to the back of your big ass warehouse. I love this server's community, this server is unique and that's why it's my favorite and why I'm not playing on any other servers at the moment but it's the raiding that really gets me to budge a little. I have talked to a good amount of people who have played back when the old raiding system was in place and they said they enjoyed it way more when it was that simple and had less basing restrictions on where you could build. I'm not making this because I'm complaining about all the new features there are to raid bases with, I'm not complaining because I can't adapt to it, I would just love to see the old simple way again, and I'm sure everyone else would  too. If there were a community poll made to either keep the current raiding system or revert back to the old raiding system that would be perfect, I think that's the perfect way to take on this decision.

• Thanks 1
  • thumbdown -1 2

I'm down for mat nades/bombs not destroying fences because that's broken IMO, but removing C4/timebombs is a real kick in the nuts. Those are two sorts of raiding things that makes our server unique. C4 on other servers may unfreeze props but on here you legitimately can mine through a base and damage all weaknesses. A line of sight explosive is necessary to make the game fun and counteract multiple stacked props.

There is a learning curve to basing to be expected. The issue imo lied when mat nades destroyed fences, cause now it's like really hard to build a base that won't just be exploited. In fact, there is no real good "one catch all" base dupe anymore. Mat nades are 5000 each as supplier job so you can toss a couple in, then spiderman swep/blowtorch with speed food and max health tali. It's good that newer players can raid more often. I think a way to counteract this is maybe making it so fences blowtorch faster? 

Edited by Fuel
  • thumbdown -1 5

After Returning to the server after an extended period of being gone, it definitely had a large learning curve to it. But, I’ve come to enjoy the new meta. I understand where you’re coming from, but meta always evolves over time and is very difficult to reverse for many reasons.

Most importantly - a lot of people have poured a lot of time, effort, passion and money into the new raiding meta. I have a ridiculous amount of money spent on the raiding tools you just listed in my inventory, as many many others do. Not mention the dupes, strategies etc that everyone has spent the last years adapting around the new meta.

This is one of those things that I think even if 60% of players wanted, should not happen because of how many people would become dissatisfied. I think the magnitude of outcry may outweigh the good faith gained. Though this is conjecture. 

This also has a very good chance of crashing the economy (which I know many people want) but I don’t think it will be in the way that people will enjoy. 

I agree with everything you said about the lack of places to base, but as a frequent raider I see more and more ingenious and intuitive dupes popping up around the maps, and people successfully defending unconventional locations against even seasoned raiders. 

And lastly don’t overestimate how difficult it is to balance a meta, you can’t necessary lay out a template and overhaul in one fatal swoop. Even now the meta is constantly undergoing small tweaks and changes. Meta is a slowly evolving process and is not something you can simply hit a reset button on. I’m not saying the new meta doesn’t have issues, or that there’s not a lot of useless jobs/items because of it, but that can all be addressed in time. 

Edited by Keyed
  • Thanks 2

Raiding is overall dogshit. In 2016 all you had to use multiple c4 and every prop unwelded, and you have to fight ur way inside moving a bunch of unwelded props. Now defenders have to cover their huge ass base with the same props with 6 people all with legendaries with high ROF weapons, multiple coming behind ready to SBC cannon you and die along with, not to mention the people not in the parties or doors who will straight up kill you, ending with a sit. While raiders can easily use one c4 3 material grenades and get through 50-70 props in less than 30 seconds. And the defenders will probably break the rules to save their entities.

One of the main factors of darkrp is raiding and basing, but you can stay on the server for a good 5 hours and only see 3-5 people base, the 3 people being new.

But if you base and invest your time in it, the outcome will be huge.