TitsRP Wiki / Knowledge Base - Contributing

Rubik

You can now login to the Knowledge Base with your Steam ID. If you want to contribute articles you should be able to do so by default. All new users and existing users should have "Contributor" perms. That means you can add new content but it will need to be approved by a manager before it's public. This is mainly due to the limitations of WordPress group permissions & lack of proper moderation tools on the knowledge base. Once I figure that out you should be able to publish right to the site. For now, when you're ready to get published shoot me a DM on Discord. Players and staff that contribute quality content will be periodically given the Manager rank to approve and edit all articles. 

Why not use MediaWiki or Fandom?

This is mainly because of the learning curve associated with these wiki-style editors. They are not easy to navigate and often times the search just blows. If we want to provide helpful info to you, it should not be difficult to find. With the currently knowledge base, if the content you're looking for is there, you can find it with a quick search. If it can be done properly, I would like to move the knowledge base to a wiki page eventually. 

Don't forget to add your article to the proper categories so it's easier to find.

wiki.titsrp.com

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

This should be enabled now. As a contributor you can create and edit all articles and publish your own articles.

you should likely make it so a moderator has to approve of any edits btw.