[Official] Suggestions for the Server

TitsRP

Consider this extremely positive feedback:

THE NONLETHAL PISTOL IS THE SHIT.

It is more balanced in that it has a slower firing speed and requires more skill to use, but mostly it just feels so good to shoot. +100

My suggestion: Never get rid of it.

Also, if you are stunned, make the master sword not be able to let you fly away. -.- And disallow being able to fly away the fucking microsecond after damaging someone (like an attempted kidnap that failed, or caught in the act by a CP, you can just fly off and suffer no consequences)

Haha thanks, glad you like it and I can do that for the next reset!

Consider this extremely positive feedback:

THE NONLETHAL PISTOL IS THE SHIT.

It is more balanced in that it has a slower firing speed and requires more skill to use, but mostly it just feels so good to shoot. +100

My suggestion: Never get rid of it.

Also, if you are stunned, make the master sword not be able to let you fly away. -.- And disallow being able to fly away the fucking microsecond after damaging someone (like an attempted kidnap that failed, or caught in the act by a CP, you can just fly off and suffer no consequences)

agreed that gets annoying. I don't really like the master sword. it gives players with CC's this nasty sense of superiority

Allow the mayor can build his own fucking fortress. 

Rule idea: Allow the mayor to create a megabase if there's at least x other CP online (4 or 5, maybe, to make it rare?). They gotta get rid of it if the number of CP drops below x amount. Call it eminent domain basing, you are taking over civilian land for the use of the government.

Feature idea: The mayor can go into a different government mode, say, communism or whatever. (Make it an actual job that only the mayor can change to, so that appointments will work only for the alternative mayor) Pretty obvious choice considering what's going on with the server lately. Restrict KOS laws for democratic mayor (you can't KOS guns out, you can't make PD AOS/KOS to enter, etc), unlock these restrictions for the communist mayor. The communist mayor is allowed to eminent domain a district (same as kingdom rules, of course, can't overide someone's base) and build a megabase during his 5 minutes and he is able to appoint military personnel, such as a general and ground troops. The downside to this is that the tension between the government and the rebels are rising, causing revolts and terrorist attacks to happen much more often and rebels being able to KOS the mayor at any point beyond his five minutes.

His military have supreme authority and are the law of the land. They are highly skilled and dangerously armed, the elite of the elite. He sends his people to flush out rebel headquarters and to flood the streets in response to revolt. If you somehow manage to die, you're banned from the job for 5/10 minutes, demoted back down to civil protection to reconsider your life choices and go through training again if the mayor deems you worthy.

This would be really fucking fun, but it'd probably require a lot of trickery hackery to make work server-side and a lot of balancing. Suggestions? Additions? I also feel like that the idea of a mayor megabase may be too OP in the first place. I would not be opposed to some form of this idea being implemented without the megabase.

Idea for balance: Communist mayors who die can't run in the next election (or number of elections) or something.

Allow the mayor can build his own fucking fortress. 

Rule idea: Allow the mayor to create a megabase if there's at least x other CP online (4 or 5, maybe, to make it rare?). They gotta get rid of it if the number of CP drops below x amount. Call it eminent domain basing, you are taking over civilian land for the use of the government.

Feature idea: The mayor can go into a different government mode, say, communism or whatever. (Make it an actual job that only the mayor can change to, so that appointments will work only for the alternative mayor) Pretty obvious choice considering what's going on with the server lately. Restrict KOS laws for democratic mayor (you can't KOS guns out, you can't make PD AOS/KOS to enter, etc), unlock these restrictions for the communist mayor. The communist mayor is allowed to eminent domain a district (same as kingdom rules, of course, can't overide someone's base) and build a megabase during his 5 minutes and he is able to appoint military personnel, such as a general and ground troops. The downside to this is that the tension between the government and the rebels are rising, causing revolts and terrorist attacks to happen much more often and rebels being able to KOS the mayor at any point beyond his five minutes.

His military have supreme authority and are the law of the land. They are highly skilled and dangerously armed, the elite of the elite. He sends his people to flush out rebel headquarters and to flood the streets in response to revolt. If you somehow manage to die, you're banned from the job for 5/10 minutes, demoted back down to civil protection to reconsider your life choices and go through training again if the mayor deems you worthy.

This would be really fucking fun, but it'd probably require a lot of trickery hackery to make work server-side and a lot of balancing. Suggestions? Additions? I also feel like that the idea of a mayor megabase may be too OP in the first place. I would not be opposed to some form of this idea being implemented without the megabase.

Idea for balance: Communist mayors who die can't run in the next election (or number of elections) or something.

Walter, you just took the words out of my mouth. This would give PD the much needed depth that it desperately lack(not saying that the current PD is lackluster. Its fine, but not too amazing). However, this would be a pain in the ass for Sugar to implement. And since Sugar's the only developer of the server(correct me if I'm wrong), It'll take a long ass time for the feature to be developed. And though I roleplay as PD with a passion, I gotta question myself, should Sugar spend countless hours working on something that only a portion of the server would enjoy?(Since more people ingame play as raiders and base than as PD). Could the time spent developing this feature be used on developing something else that the entire server could enjoy?

This is just my opinion on this matter

It SEEMS like it would just be a lot of editing of current scripts and a couple new jobs, but I don't fucking know how Sugar set his shit up (mayor GUI, revolt system, terrorist system, etc would all have to be messed with).

• An update like this may encourage real role play. People REALLY get into the whole "communist mayor" thing as it is which, as it turns out, is what role playing is all about!
  • It could give PD the boost it needs to become popular with more players.
  • It would give the rebel job a real purpose and encourage role play on this front as well. Maybe rename mayor's assassin "rebel spy."
  • It'll add new (military) jobs and be fun as heck.

On the other hand,

• It may be difficult or impossible to implement.
  • It would require some very serious balance testing.

As far as purge goes, I don't think it's a good idea. CCs will continuously spawn with guns and you will eventually run out.

It SEEMS like it would just be a lot of editing of current scripts and a couple new jobs, but I don't fucking know how Sugar set his shit up (mayor GUI, revolt system, terrorist system, etc would all have to be messed with).

• An update like this may encourage real role play. People REALLY get into the whole "communist mayor" thing as it is which, as it turns out, is what role playing is all about!
  • It would give the rebel job a real purpose and encourage role play on this front as well. Maybe rename mayor's assassin "rebel spy."

On the other hand,

As far as purge goes, I don't think it's a good idea. CCs will continuously spawn with guns and you will eventually run out.

True maybe they should change the the rebel's job into soviets class or add them as another gang class.

On the other hand,

I really only see that as a problem for new players because there's plenty of jobs that spawn with weapons and idk about you guys but my inventory os like 70% full of stacks of weapons. everyone knows CCs are fucked bit they aren't invincible

• Rubik unpinned this topic