SKYBASES

SHREK (2)

Rules should be changed on what a sky base really it. i have mods saying its ok to base on the ledge above ocean and other mods like rugrat and gn issac saying its skybasing. Nanights said if i have a ramp i should be fine then i have other mods saying no its not allowed so the mods have to be on the same page. Sky basing should be looked at like if its not an already made house on the map then its a skybase 

You cannot have a sky-base, rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases (Unless you are playing Preacher)

Most of us personally do not mind you having a public base ontop of the tunnels. (From the MOTD)

42 minutes ago, SHREK (2) said:

Nanights said if i have a ramp i should be fine

Yes. You had no access to get up ontop of tunnel so I told you wheres the ramp. Everybody that has a tunnel public base needs access up there.

When you first were telling me about having a base at the beach. I told you it was fine having a build at the beach. that isnt floating. When I saw that giant platform ontop of ocean tunnel I talked to you about it. I said a simple little ramp (3x#) for your diving into the ocean was fine. I personally do not mind you having it stick out a little unless I get told otherwise. I've told you if you wanted to build someone that big you would have to talk to an admin+ to get their approval. I told you I wasn't allowing that.

Im writing this since you seem to twist words around. such you've never told me the whole story. Just telling me that Jewann was deleting your props at the beach. Not that you refused after he told you and that it wasnt even on the beach it was ontop of the ocean tunnel. 

Edited by nanights
Misword

Failbase isn't a week ban. You were banned for a week for hitting 15 warns. The system does this automatically without our input.

We generally don't care if it's a public base because that isn't giving you any kind of advantage but if you're trying to base with entities or have a private base it should be inside of a base, like behind doors. You need to be hobo or preacher to build bases elsewhere on the map.

A public base is a place with open doors such as a restaurant. For your base to be considered a public base, you must place a sign indicating it as a "Public Base." You may not have money-making entities inside/it will be treated as a building sign. If the base does have closed and locked doors and the owners refuse to let you in that room, the base is considered raid-able.

15 warns: 1-week ban
25 warns: 2-week ban
35 warns: 1-month ban
50 warns: Permanent ban

Edited by Walter the Assaulter
Added additional information

23 minutes ago, SHREK (2) said:

no before that ban i got banned for skybasing and breaking nlr and fail base but i only broke nlr 1x but still got banned for a week

Your most recent ban aside from the auto ban from hitting 15 warns is for NLR/Failbasing/Skybasing/PropBlock for 2020-07-28, 3:20 AM / A 4 day was distributed. There are no ways to look at warns when the user in question is not online however I am pretty sure that you had been warned for this before. This albeit a harsh punishment many factors could have lead to the punishment distributed. Repeat offenses bear a larger weight, if you're failing to comply during the sit that will add an automatic 1-3 ban depending on circumstances but I see no failure to comply listed in this ban reason. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding and they had meant to put 4 hours, but i'ld say this considering how you act during sits would be close to what I would distribute. None the less, this discussion was based on what is considered skybasing and what is not. It's pretty concisely written in the MOTD that "You cannot have a sky-base, rooftops that are not explicitly part of the base (door leading to it) DO count as sky-bases (Unless you are playing Preacher)" you have had a tendency in the past to not only skybase as a class not permitted to (hobo lord), but fail skybase (skybases like regular bases may not require special tools to raid like a master sword, breaking server rules like prop climb/prop surf. NOTE: Even in kingdom with the law Prop Surf/Prop climb is legal, you may not override like already stated FailRP/Failbasing/Prop Block/NLR/ etc. (Must be raidable with a lockpick and keypad cracker) We will most likely allow users to make little restaurants/public bases above tunnels as long as they are not intrusive and what not. If the bases are not interrupting with anything and no sits are called, in the end it's all up to the staff members decision whether or not your base public or not, is considered a failbase. On a further note i'ld like to add that we will not allow people to literally sky public base as if they were a preacher we will most likely ask you to switch jobs it's more of a matter of them being like on roofs and such. Same as we will allow users to build in that flat area in suburbs as a non hobo, although it is technically considered a part of the sidewalk unless a sit is called or it's particularly mingey we will most likely not care.