Forums Medals

PickNic

I sent this suggestion to Rubik already, but I might as well post it here, there should be a section with all the medals that can be obtained on the forums and how to get them or a hint on how to get them.

Also adding a lot of medals would be pretty cool as it gives a achievement hunting type of feeling for users who enjoy posting/using the forums.

The main thing this would benefit is maybe gaining more attention to the forums and more users might use the forums actively to gain a social reputation through them, like I said before a achievement hunting type of feeling.

This isn’t important nor a serious matter of implementing, but would be cool to see happen.

I actually removed the Awards system for now due to it eating up a bunch of resources. The number of ways we can earn awards for vs the resources required to constantly update / refresh / award medals automatically in the background is just not really worth it. There are some scripts we can use to give us the ability to create more ways to earn medals but I don't really have the time to do that now, but I guess if enough people want Awards then I could make it where they must be given by Admins or something.

Some really good suggestions for medals so far:

• Posting a bunch of really good bug reports
  • Reporting exploits
  • Reporting a lot of rule breakers with really good evidence
  • Being helpful in the Player Services / Support section