Jail punishments & force scripted MOTD open while jailed.

Watermelone

back when i was manager on garnet for 2+ years we had a punishment for RDMing, etc. to where they would be jailed for 2-6 minutes depending on punishment and it forced the motd open on their screen, and they would read it while they were in jail.

i do understand some people might not read it and just go afk, but this could be helpful for those who truly are new and don't understand the server's rules.

i also know it pops up when you join, but when they are being punished this could essentially prevent more occasions from happening.

This idea has popped up before and essentially just boils down to 'if they want to read it they will, if they don't they'll be banned'. Forcing the MOTD on their screens honestly won't solve anything, if we jail someone and force them into the MOTD for 7+ minutes they will just disconnect and find another server to play on. When we warn someone for RDM etc and tell them to read the! MOTD it's on them to read it or not. Good players will, ones that'll be banned won't.