Thoughts on this map

TitsRP

Would you want to switch to this map?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to switch to this map?

• Yes, it looks great
    • Yes, but I am afraid the server will drop in active players
    • No, I don't like it
    • No, we should switch to another map
    • No, we should not switch maps in general

So I was browsing the workshop for some reason and I came across this map that was uploaded on the 18th. Now, I have checked over 50 downtown edits and I don't think I ever saw one that caught my eye so much. This map is everything I really wanted in the version I was going to make. Except, I stopped making my version because I simply cannot spend 400+ hours making / learning an editor to make a source engine map. Plus I hate making maps, I tried. I had no motivation to really make something. But no worries, take a look at this map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=602485695&searchtext=

There is a lot of components into making and switching maps. Doing this can damage our playerbase a ton. Reason being is that the DarkRP community is so wired on downtown_v4c_v2 its insane. You have to have a very big community in order to switch maps successfully. Which, I mean we have switched in the past and it always works for around a week until people start leaving. Would you rather play with 20 - 30 / 50 people constantly or 50 / 50 usually? Keep this in mind when picking your vote in the poll.

First of all, my biggest concern is features of the map. This map is v4c  and v2 combined basically. It has nothing but positives from what I can tell.

What it adds

• Extensive Sewer System
  • Bigger PD
  • A few extra places

What it removes

• Absolutely nothing

Next, is the FPS on the map. Being that v4c has terrible brushwork on the map itself and is almost at it's brush limit I am very impressed that this map can even run. More impressively, this map increases FPS in most cases by 10+. Now, I won't sugar coat this and say "this map is the best, your FPS will be 300 everywhere you go". In a very few areas, the FPS is worse by 5 - 7 FPS. Here are some screenshots to compare.

Current Map (50 Bots):

G5i5wcB.jpg

MBkz3aJ.jpg

b9972Bj.jpg

New Map (50 Bots):

QXivJQF.jpg

gFXSWmy.jpg

1BLzuou.jpg

This issue is fixable for the most part. I can just do more optimization which I have a bunch of ideas. Also, I would have to re-enable shadows (which means flashlights will work) since there are dark areas in the sewers.

Again, I can't really think of any reason why someone would say "FUCK THIS MAP, I LIKE THE SMALL PD AND I HATE SEWERS!". This map can add more jobs and open up a different realm of possibilities.

Some more screenshots:

72cdf2f816778d98ebfff7e4fea9427d.jpg

07a9cfde5023d93a7781907a9c84afe9.jpg

29d957799d98cf89786ca0b31b1c36fe.jpg

96a065fb9e6dbf5feb78bde19e2419d9.jpg

Let me know your thoughts. I will not vote on the poll because I would prefer the whole community to come together and decide if they want to switch maps rather than me just switching maps because I don't like v4c. I was also thinking going back to EXL which has a sewer system which is baller. Really up to you guys though. EXL has a bigger PD but is smaller in general which would make me get rid of cars. Link is here if you're curious http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176510690&searchtext=downtown+exl

well i'm gonna have to say yes cause i loved the evilmelon sewers (i made the best bases down there constantly) and i like the uper world of downtown so why the heck not i think this map is perfect at least in my eyes :)