Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I agree with Mario on this one in the respect that ALL rules should be visible and understood by 100% of the staff. An implied rule by an admin who calls his staff retarded is not a reason anyone should be warned whether thats verbal or written. If its a rule, it needs to be visible somewhere. Albeit the MOTD or the change logs it doesn't matter. But when you state rules that arent in paper, you lose credibility and it makes you look like you're willing to make up whatever rule you can to fit your agenda which in this case COULD be interpreted as, you're upset you got kidnapped and killed so you made a sit. Which is what I believe to happen, it sounds like this should be added to MOTD and made a perm rule. All staff should be educated, otherwise the player suffers.

It looks like it is clarified that it is RDM if you kill a victim of a failed kidnapping. It makes plenty of sense and it feels it should have been that way all along.

 

Tass could have been more generous with the rule being unwritten and such. He might have felt you didn't have the purest intentions and didn't want to extend the courtesy is what I am assuming.

 

I have been upset with gray areas and unwritten rules but I will have to disagree with having every rule written down. It is actually quite rare to see anymore than 1 page of rules for any DarkRP server and it is quite counter productive.

And I mean that the average age for anyone who players on DarkRP doesn't want to come home and study for another 10-20 minutes just to make sure they don't break the rules. God forbid that I am actually required to tell someone that they need to read a 7-8 page google doc and hold them accountable if they don't.

I have been upset with gray areas and unwritten rules but I will have to disagree with having every rule written down. It is actually quite rare to see anymore than 1 page of rules for any DarkRP server and it is quite counter productive.

And I mean that the average age for anyone who players on DarkRP doesn't want to come home and study for another 10-20 minutes just to make sure they don't break the rules. God forbid that I am actually required to tell someone that they need to read a 7-8 page google doc and hold them accountable if they don't.

 

This guy gets it. We once had an MOTD that was 13 pages long, because of posts like this. This is why we added the common sense rule back.

 

I have been upset with gray areas and unwritten rules but I will have to disagree with having every rule written down. It is actually quite rare to see anymore than 1 page of rules for any DarkRP server and it is quite counter productive.

And I mean that the average age for anyone who players on DarkRP doesn't want to come home and study for another 10-20 minutes just to make sure they don't break the rules. God forbid that I am actually required to tell someone that they need to read a 7-8 page google doc and hold them accountable if they don't.

 

This guy gets it. We once had an MOTD that was 13 pages long, because of posts like this. This is why we added the common sense rule back.

 

One of the reasons why people learn the rules via breaking them. 99% of people who joined titsrp did not read the rules until they got invested in the community, and learned what not to do via warnings/sits. I mean back when I joined Walter gave me a verbal for doing a terrorist attack from a rooftop and I read the motd after that event. 

 

Yes, there are golden players who actually read the rules when they join and have 0 issues like this, but the majority don't. Unwritten rules exist because they are too minor to include in the thread we *demand* people read on joining the server. I would think that an admin rank's word would be good enough and trustworthy but kinda disappointing to see that's not the case

Tass recommended I talk to sewer as seen in the video, his word is not enough. His words consist of “my mods are shit” and “that doesn’t give you a right to kill me”. I don’t think it’s too unfair to seek out other opinions it is a rather gray and controversial topic. I don’t feel this rule is minor though, which is why I think it should be in the MOTD. If this rule really is WORSE than RDM it should be in the MOTD. Don’t you think? Thanks for the opinions though guys, requesting this closed!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...