Abusing VIP Rules

Tene

A clear rule/section in the rules stating what can and can’t be done as a vip using their new votekick/vote ban.

The reason why this isn’t  rule is because it is basic knowledge. It’s dumb and stupid to have a rule like that. It’s Just common sense if you kick yourself/ban yourself then you have a serious problem.

June 27, 2019

The common sense rule has been re-added, since it's apparently sorely needed.

This was also added in the rules

If this is such basic knowledge, how have 6 VIP users who have played for a while had to have their VIP removed because of it? Vizla/Mugen has lost many legendary weapons because of this and is so annoyed by it that he will most likely quit the server due to it. If this is basic knowledge then we would not have done it.

Aight so recently about 6 players have lost their VIP for a week and have been banned from repurchasing their VIP. This has resulted in players losing various items in their inventory from legendaries to rare items in general. The reasoning behind these players losin their rank is because they "Abused their VIP". They "abused" their vip by !voteban/!votekicking themselves off of the network. As this rule is felt so strongly about I am shocked to see that there is no clear rule about what is classified as Abusing VIP permissions. Also, a joke that affects no one shouldn't be classified as "abuse" as it is a voteban and all power lies within the community and their decision. However, something which I have seen many times is staff kicking themselves/banning themselves/doing both of those things to other staff members. This method of going offline is the same as the method us 6 vips have used but does not call for the server to decide and doesn't factor in what the community wants. Both of these commands affect no one but themselves (Unless used on another player which would infact be abuse).

The staff are supposed to set an example yet they are doing something which could destroy a players want to play on the server

I know just because staff did it doesn't mean it's right but considering nothing is done to the staff members and no one cares about it I am surprised that when it happens to a normal player they have their access to the entire rank removed and the inability to get the rank back until a week after the incident, which could be enough time for the player to stop wanting to play on the server entirely.

Please make this obvious so people don't do it if you feel so strongly for it and don't have staff setting bad examples which you could care less about.

Thoughts?

made a mistake in my sentence at the end

I LOST 100+ procs and 100+ tree tokens please help me and not ban my vip for 6 more days i legit lost over 50m+ worth of items

blah blah

blah blah blah

If this is such basic knowledge, how have 6 VIP users who have played for a while had to have their VIP removed because of it? Vizla/Mugen has lost many legendary weapons because of this and is so annoyed by it that he will most likely quit the server due to it. If this is basic knowledge then we would not have done it.

Any inventory slots lost from having VIP revoked will be returned when you are allowed to purchase VIP again, as well as the items in those slots. The rule isn't explicit but we have operated like this for a good while now, those who abuse their VIP rank will have it revoked and this includes using the Voteban/Votekick system to mess around.

However I will oblige, and I'll add a new rule under the misc section that states what is considered abusing your VIP rank and what occurs when you do abuse your rank.

blah blah

blah blah blah

Any inventory slots lost from having VIP revoked will be returned when you are allowed to purchase VIP again, as well as the items in those slots. The rule isn't explicit but we have operated like this for a good while now, those who abuse their VIP rank will have it revoked and this includes using the Voteban/Votekick system to mess around.

However I will oblige, and I'll add a new rule under the misc section that states what is considered abusing your VIP rank and what occurs when you do abuse your rank.

Thank you, that is literally what I wanted so it didn't happen again with other players.