TitsRP Revamp by Blacnova

Blacnova

[before replying to anything, please read all posts on the thread as I may have revised my stance on something since writing the original thread]

Hey, I'm Blacnova, an ex-admin on the server and I've come here today to give you my thoughts on how to revive TitsRP. Some of these thoughts may seem controversial, so feel free to discuss below and I'll give you my feedback on it. Please keep in mind that all the ideas I say below are from my four years of experience on the server, and I'm pretty much just quoting what the server was like a year and a half ago (when it was basically perfect). Once again, please keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on experience, no need to get angry and say "You don't know what you're talking about" or "You're inactive so your opinions are invalid", because, while it is true that I probably won't be coming back to the server if these changes are added, I still have a connection to the server and would like to see it prosper.

So TitsRP has had a long history of almost five years of being in business. This server has gone through many changes, especially including map changes like Downtown v2, Evilmelon, Evocity, and now the custom Tits maps.

I'd like to suggest something completely optional: go back to Tits v1. In my opinion, the current Tits v2 map is way too vast, and offers nothing truly unique other than more room and a few secret spots. Now, I understand if the community prefers staying on v2, and this is pretty much the only suggestion that I view as completely optional, the rest are pretty much necessary if you want the server to go back to being like it was before.

Next up is a doc made by T1K, me, and Jawson at the beginning of January. We were going to release this thread but never found the chance, so I'll link the doc filled with a lot of good suggestions. I may repeat some of the things below, but I believe you should still read the doc as it explains many aspects of the problem: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8EMWEBXnluVHtkTZUiKLGl7CkUr6Fm19vS2vkY1a00/edit?usp=sharing

Below is my explanation of why the server doesn't feel good to play on anymore:

What I'm about to say here is probably not the best thing to bring up as it's a hot button issue in the upper administration, and I was even agreeing with Sugar for a while. I wish I didn't have to make this the first thing I bring up, but many of my points below predicate on this topic: Rebuff custom classes. Custom classes have felt like nothing but avatars for a long while now, and that was not the original purpose. Custom classes were never really an issue, and I really believe that they should stop being treated so shitty. To do this, I suggest undoing the price quadrupling of cc stuff in order to bring everything back down to the scale of $15 for new cc stuff being added, $5 for stuff to be added to the class, and yes, I just said $. Bring back the donation shop, the server needs a developer and that is the way to fund him/her. Now, I understand if you guys don't want any money and don't want donations, but the server itself needs a way for players to give money for items, especially considering how shitty basing has become (will be spoken about next). A solution to this is to make the donation link automatically redirect to a charity, so the server will receive no money directly while users will still be able to donate for stuff. In addition, please undo the "no more non-gun cc items". Allow people to buy things like speed sweps (sparingly on a case-by-case basis), and grenades. These things are needed to make custom classes useful again. Of course, don't make damage values of guns greater than the normal weapon base damages, but non-guns are needed. Lastly in this section, undo the hard nerf done to movement sweps. The master sword and lightsaber were nerfed so hard to the point that they're basically useless to do anything other than jump around every once in a while, and don't even get me started on the movement speed sweps. The movement speed sweps are basically just sweps that zoom your screen out and make you think you're running faster at this point.

• Buff printers so that you can get at least $30,000 per hour at base level 
  • Rebuff the rate at which the civilian bank increases your deposit
  • Make insurance protect only your initial investment, one time before you have to buy it again
  • Make it easier to raid the civilian bank, as in go back to making the bank heist leader have the sole ability to extract money from the bank and there's something on his class that gives him the ability to do so
  • Make only CPs and Bank Guards/Bank Owner able to defend bank
  • Leave raiding and basing alone, if people want buffs then go ahead, but otherwise stop making it worse

Another hot topic: staff. Our current staff team is incredibly inactive and uncaring imo. They don't take sits, and they really don't care about anything other than obvious Mass RDM/Mass RDA, or of course when people say mean words   :@ :@ :@ . Staff need to start taking sits, and in my opinion the only way to do this is to provide incentive. If staff take sits, they need to gain more than $1k every 20 minutes, as this is a joke for most staff. I'm not sure what other incentives can be given that wouldn't be abused, but I'm sure with enough discussion we can figure it out. [OPTIONAL] Next, please get rid of Senior Mod, it was only even added in the first place because people were getting bored that they weren't getting admin. Instead replace it with Moderator Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3. All of these would have different respective permissions and do different things, these different permissions could vary from having different ban times, up to literally having different roles in the community. Then have a few Head Moderators to deal with promotions and demotions as well as taking care of staff not taking sits [OPTIONAL]. To do this, the Head Mods would need the !allsits command to be added back, which is a necessity. I'm really not sure why it was removed (I do know why, but it was a bad reason). Another thing I want to bring up, but it doesn't warrant its own thread is that you guys need to stop being strict with the rules. Remember that this is a Garry's Mod server, you're not a literal government that needs to do things for specific reasons. Rules exist for the sole purpose of ensuring that the playerbase isn't alienated by one player or a group of players. So please stop acting as if someone doing a tiny thing wrong requires an automatic punishment, if it harms no one, "Let It go~~~".

Lastly, please stop caring so much about staff inactivity. You guys are going overboard with this, and it is ruining staff morale. Inactivity for demotions was originally added during the period of Zesh, and it was because he was getting old mods to come back and mass ban, so we added an autodemoter. You guys act as if being inactive for a month means that the staff has completely forgotten how the server works, and that there have been such an insane number of updates that they have no hope to actually catch up. In my opinion, the inactivity timer should either be removed and handled on a case-by-case individual basis, or changed to 6 weeks.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say, I'll be replying to your posts below if you'd like me to. I'd also just like to take the time to thank T1K and Jawson for inspiring me to make this thread. Again, here's the doc that we worked on earlier this month and that restates some of the things I said here, and has some more stuff as well: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8EMWEBXnluVHtkTZUiKLGl7CkUr6Fm19vS2vkY1a00/edit?usp=sharing

Some of super Mario’s suggestions are ok but I’ve noticed some on there are already in place. I don’t agree with some of them like removing useless jobs such as datboi, as somebody players prefer messing around without no particular goal in sight on useless jobs. Currently most shot guns and smgs are obsolete. Ars dominate the pvp. I don’t think prop limit should be changed. I do like some of the other suggestions tho.

see above

I appreciate the time you took to write this. I actually agree with many of the counterpoints you offered, the problem of broken dupes is certainly an issue now that the new map has set in. I believe that with enough encouragement, people will have no problem going back to the old map, making the new dupes will not necessarily take too long, and people most likely still have their old dupes.

I really like your idea of limiting the number of personal cc items a class can have. Obviously, people can get more than 5 by trading to have the sweps of others, but placing a limit on how many sweps that can be owned by a user is a good idea. I also think that SWEPs and models shouldn't be counted as the same for this limit counter. In addition, the idea of making all cc sweps findable through any of the means you listed is a good idea. Maybe for lootboxes you can add the category of "Random CC SWEP".

For your point about deflating the economy, I both agree and disagree. I agree on your points that certain things should be more expensive, but you failed to mention that printers should also earn you more money. All of the things you listed that should be nerfed, such as prices and value of barrels and fishing should be nerfed as there's no way for other players to stop you, but printers are the cornerstone of DarkRP. The batteries used to fuel them could use a price increase, but the printers themselves should receive a buff in power and printing speed. The reason being that better printers translates to more people basing. If we want the server to be more than people just running around the map, we need to give them a reason to make a base, because right now the only people who base are those that just joined the server, and they get instaraided. To allow new players to prosper, we need to make basing more powerful so more people base, and make CCs not allowed to raid new players once again.

On the question of the VIP price change, I'm actually not sure how often you see VIP players when you look at chat, but back when I played it was like 70% of players. That's why I believe the price is fine where it is, but if you guys login and see barely anyone with VIP, by all means change the price. This may also be due to the fact that there's no donation shop right now, which should be added back.

For your point about making /roll local and not public, I'm not sure why lol, why would you think making an RNG counter local on your PC would be balanced. Unless by that you mean local chat instead of public chat? Yeah that's probably what you meant, and in that case I still don't agree. Sometimes people like to do a "First person to roll a number between X and X gets X amount of money".

The problem of allowing a higher prop count isn't someone potentially crashing the server, it's the number of entities assigned per user. We have a max of 100 players, multiply that by 90 and you get 900 possible props. There's some other math here that I can't remember at the moment, but Sugar has stated it somewhere and it won't be happening most likely.

"POSSIBLY add a monthly tax to owning a CC that is worth more than 50k Darkrp money, if the player doesn't pay that monthly tax auction ownership off, and allow original owner to get some of the profit" I disagree with this for obvious reasons. Giving away ownership of a class from someone who spent time and money to buy it is never a good idea.

I agree with pretty much everything else you stated, there might be a few things I didn't catch but I believe I read all of it. Thanks for your feedback!

I would like a new version of the map to be made - which would be a compact map.

I prefer V1 to the this map, but I do like the changes to industrial, etc.

I would like to see the overall changes to the map - remove the strip club area, reduce the size of sewers massively (rework slums - no major changes have been made to this). Add a new spawn area (with possible portals - not attached to the map, think like admin land) to certain parts of the map. You would not be able to re-enter spawn once you leave. Spawn would have the standard NPCS (Gang, CC maker / editor, general, VIP). This allows the current spawn area to be revamped and used. All the reworked areas of the map are currently good (That were originally part of downtown). I would like to see the divider between the two sections of the beach removed.

Either revert king to make him the way he was before, or revamp the entire king area (add actual buildings and such, small town, etc). Then add an admin area that is relatively blank with cells (to bring people in for sits - think combine jail cell). Add an in game "staff meeting room". Bank manager needs to go back to the way he was or be reworked.

Instead of changing to V1 - just block off parts of the map that no one uses.

The majority of the guns should be removed. The more guns you have, the more you have to balance. The more guns you have, the more similiar they are. There should be.. Gun Archetypes - aka: Shotgun, Rifle, DMR, Auto Sniper, Bolt Sniper, Auto shotgun, etc.

That being said, have 2-3 versions of each gun type - for bolt we can have WZ, Awp, M24 - each version has different stats but is relatively the same. That way none is "the best" it's personal choice. This also reduces downloads for the player.

I would like to see the CSS knives removed. It's a useless download.

I would like to see all movement sweps removed - it does remove from roleplay. Alternatively, remove them from CC's and add other ways of getting them. Limit the amount of CC items a player can buy. For example - if you create a new CC, you have the option to buy that CC a custom model, a custom weapon, etc. To buy another custom model, etc - you need to buy another CC slot. This prevents players from having a shit ton of fucking CC content that doesn't get used ( north bear) - not to mention - if you have enough CC items, you fuck up the economy by being the richest player in the server.

Revamp master stalker - give him a disguise swep and make him have to stare directly at the player to damage. This truly creates a "stalking" experience. You don't know who it is. Find out.

Remove the majority of the police jobs. They are mostly reskins. Remove the "PD Bank". Add a PD Weapons Locker (somewhere as an addon) - when raided, you get random weapon shipments. Police get to take weapons from the vault to use.

see above

I agree with your map changes and the removal of the crazy number of gun archetypes on the server, these sound good.

I disagree with almost everything you said. I disagree with the removal of CSS knives mainly because it's not a very big download anyway.

I heavily disagree with the removal of movement sweps. The map is fairly large, and removing movement sweps screws over all players, both ccs and otherwise. If anything, movement sweps should be buffed and made to be disabled during combat (which already exists).

In my opinion, the master stalker is fine the way it is. I see where you're coming from with the fact that it's fairly obvious that it's the big teletubbie stalking you, but it becomes incredibly annoying to take the damage and have your screen shake, and it becomes even worse when you can't tell who's doing it.

Lastly, while I agree with the PD Locker addon (we actually used to have this addon back when we used Downtown v2, the removal of the police jobs is completely unnecessary.

The majority of the map doesn't get used. The strip club area is useless. The sewers is mainly used for basing and is way too big. I would like to see sewers to be used as a method of transportation around the map (simple "tunnels" that go from point A to point B - obviously with a lot of detail, looking like a sewer - this would make the sewer lord a lot more dangerous).

There are approximately 81 guns that all have different, varying stats (not including reskins). The majority of the guns feel VERY similiar. The majority of the guns are also terrible. The less guns you have, the more unique they feel in terms of gameplay. The easier it is to balance. There shouldn't be a "This IS the best gun". It should be based on preference, that being said - the MP5 vs P90 - p90 should have a faster fire rate and more ammo. MP5 would have less ammo, higher damage and accuracy. At that point, it comes to preference.

The less guns you have - the less downloads as well. There are probably 40-50 different variations of the CSS knife. They serve no purpose other than as a filler item. There is NO reason to use them. It's extra shit you have to download.

As for removing the PD jobs - I do not mean gabe, fantasma, or any of those specialized "unique jobs". There is no reason to have "Swat Sniper" "Swat Medic" "Swat Leader" "CP Commander" "Swat Demo" etc. If you were to choose between a normal CP or a Swat person - who would you pick? There is no restriction on who you pick - thus, players pick the better job. Making people choose the default CP more often by choice - promotes more role play. If someone wants to play as a sniper, they buy a weapon from the gun dealer, etc.

Also, having less content is usually better. Less load time, less download time for new players.

Thanks for the post. Its nice to see an actual explanation why you dislike the server rather than the daily dose of you bashing the server (not attacking you, I always wondered why you didn't like it but you never really gave any hint other than hating Walter). This post will probably get lost in a day or two but hopefully you see it.

Although, some of things you mentioned are factually incorrect. Just in case no one reads my post and they only read the top, I want to point out whats incorrect / already there.

CORRECTIONS

Buff printers so that you can get at least $30,000 per hour at base level 

This is wrong, printers make 54k+ at base level for one regular sized printer. That means 108k at base level for 2 regular printers. This does not include mini printers.

Make insurance protect only your initial investment, one time before you have to buy it again

This is how it works. When a raider robs the bank and takes your money and you have insurance, you will lose it and will have to buy it again. If somehow the same raider gets your money in the same run, you will not have insurance and you will lose money.

Make it easier to raid the civilian bank, as in go back to making the bank heist leader have the sole ability to extract money from the bank and there's something on his class that gives him the ability to do so

This is kinda already there. The heist leader job and the heist job both spawn with money bags (something you have to craft otherwise). The heist leader also spawns with a C4 which can break into the bank for 10 seconds. This does have a cooldown of 2 hours though (which I might change). 10 seconds is enough to get around 1 million depending how many people are with you & how lucky you are. Making the Bank Heister the sole job which can raid the bank kills the purpose of the Dragon Egg which is the material needed to raid the bank for 3minutes. The bank is supposed to be a secure investment (because if it wasn't then why would you invest in the first place). The 1 dragon egg a day prevents the bank from being drained by players who play for 12 hours a day, multiple times a day.

To do this, I suggest undoing the price quadrupling of cc stuff in order to bring everything back down to the scale of $15

This was already done. I have said the price increase was temporary and it definitely was. $15 was never a price for custom content unless you're talking back in 2014 because the price was around $10 - $15. All custom content does cost $30 / 60 mil. In a week or so, admins will be able to add in custom content so more on that later.

please undo the "no more non-gun cc items". Allow people to buy things like speed sweps (sparingly on a case-by-case basis), and grenades

This is not entirely correct. While I do not allow custom, custom weapons (such as a completely 100% unique weapon which no other weapon acts like), users are free to request any weapon that is currently in the server. If you can buy it on the CC editor, you can buy a reskin of it and edit the sounds and model of the weapon. Thinks like Bacta Grenades, regular grenades, master swords, ect are all fine to reskin and usually do get reskinned.

Also saw on the document about the prop limit being changed, that was reset back to 75 a week or so later.

Arguments

The map

Your point about it being too big is a fair point. The map was designed to hold a lot of players and not the usual 0 - 80 players we get now. When it comes to adding in features, the map plays a huge part. While bigger doesn't always mean better, I do think that if we were maxed out at 100+ players, the map being bigger is better. It helps people with low FPS and provides people with more options to hide. This argument can go both ways but there were also a lot of fixes and improvements from tits_v1 to tits_v2. Going back down to tits_v1 would mean some things would break (jobs, spawns for things, ect). Which isn't really a big issue but just another thing to throw on the pile.

Staff

The argument of staff being lazy has been a thing and has never gone away. It doesn't matter how many staff we have, in our prime of having 78 staff members, this issue still came up. Now we have 29 staff members as of writing this post. Its very hard to get staff members to play on the server 24/7 as there just isn't enough of them. We need staff and we just need to accept all people at this point. Its something I have told my admins to do and I have discussed it several times with the staff as a whole but I am not sure if we are doing that yet. In Garrys Mod, more staff > quality of staff. It doesn't matter if you have 4 really good staff members, if you have 10 - 12 "login, stop mass rdm/rda, logout" staff members you will solve most of the main issues. Which brings me to my next point

Senior Moderator

I do think senior moderator is a good role. It fills the gap between Mod and Admin and really does give a sense of promotion / hard work being acknowledged. Going back to the staff topic, is is really fair to have those 4 really good staff members remain as a moderator compared to the 10 - 12 "ok" staff members? There should be a delimiter where you are acknowledged higher than your peers and I really think that quality staff do advance the ranks. Mod to Admin was a very big gap. 

Staff Watcher / Monitor

A Staff Watcher / Staff Monitor has been suggested a few times and IN THEORY it should help out. In my experience though, people do NOT like being told they aren't doing enough work. This was seen with the beeping update back like a year ago where staff members were told to take a sit if they didn't take one within 30 minutes (which was then increased to a hour but was still not liked). When we talked about this role, people did express their opinions on how they wouldn't like someone watching them. They expressed how they signed up to mod the server, not get worked to the bone, you know other excuses and ect. Which some have merit and its never our intention to work our staff hard but when shit goes down and you have the rank, you're kinda expected to do something or there shouldn't be a reason why you have the rank. This argument isn't really an argument but its just my experience.

Rebuff custom classes

This topic is touchy and my answer with this, ties into a lot of other things and goes all over the place. Custom classes are exactly what they're called right now. Custom classes. They offer you a way to build you own class how you want it with existing server weapons. As the server continued to get developed, I started to nerf CCs more and more. CC are restricted from doing a few things and or have slightly longer cooldowns on things (such as kidnapping) but nothing really game changing. Custom classes as of right now are considered end game content. You gain money to get VIP, you gain money to build CCs, you gain money to buy stuff to kill you enemies and you level your gang. Thats kinda the circle of gameplay except its missing the most important part of the server which is Roleplay. CCs do NOT offer MUCH roleplay experience. There are two types of people in DarkRP. The people who want to build a base and raid and then the people who actually run around and roleplay. In my 4 years, its always been "Everyone is basing, no one is RPing", now its the opposite. CCs should feel powerful but not too powerful to a point where people without them feel drastically underpowered.

At the end of the day, every custom class is equipped with weapons everyone else can obtain. This keeps things fair for someone like a regular player fighting a guy who spent $120 on a super neat custom class equipped with an answer to every question. This is needed to have some sort of balance. If I stripped away your CC and prevented you from getting one, you would feel at a disadvantage because you don't always spawn with a fleet of weapons at your disposal. Think about it from a regular player's perspective. They join the server and see the 60%+ of the server running around as "custom classes". What do you think his first impression is? The server is P2W? Whats this gay anime shit? (not me saying that, thats the player btw), how long does it take to obtain this? If they come across the info that "they're all basically equipped with the same shit you can buy" his first impression of the server may not be as daunting.

Rebuffing custom classes (cont) with balancing

Allowing custom,custom weapons to come back will just cause a lot of trouble. People already complain about every little thing there is in the server. From things being too OP or things that conflict with the rules and they want changed or just things they find annoying. 

Allowing people to obtain a weapon which is completely unique to how they want it is not only going to cause issues but its also kinda unrealistic. You need a set of standards which then make it not as custom as they would like it to be. You then need to make sure other people could obtain something like that weapon or else it becomes pay to win. You then need to make sure its balanced so people don't make threads about how broken something is and how unfun it is to go against it. (Kinda like how adrenaline used to work). You then need to come up with a system which will either prevent people from buying a weapon slightly different than a weapon that is already in server or allowing them too (I was always conflicted with this when it was allowed).

I don't mind allowing custom custom content to be reinstated as long as all players can buy it (and you get the profits of course). But then that creates an issue with monopoly and then people become dependent on it and then it needs balancing and then its just a whole shitshow.

On the topic with balancing. Some people scuff in the background and ask other "Why did Sugar make these drastic changes such as the prop limit, raiding changes, ect, he doesn't even play what is he doing". Those changes came from a meeting from people. I am still flabbergasted by that, it was unreal to see such a backlash when those changes were implemented. I VERY RARELY make a balancing change unless I think its something that is very very out there or its something I have discussed with people people from the server. Over the last 4 years, a lot of the changes that have been put in place attempt to make the player feel safe because at the end of the day, you shouldn't log off feeling so angry. I personally do not like some of the changes I have made but this is kinda how it is going to remain most likely. TitsRP is was once a more niche kinda server but over the years, when you grow, you sometimes sacrifice what made you so unique (which I think we are still unique, just not as much)

I will admit though that most of my balancing changes are very one sided. This is something I am trying to improve on. I catch myself not being able to find the balancing point and I push things too far. I am sorry for that.

Agreements

Donations / Shop

This is coming back along with a ton of other things. Check the trello board to see an update on things. People think I have left the server but that is also false. I am just putting the superadmin power into people who can do more with it than me. I have changed my name on discord to have a peace of mind. With the revamp of the shop, the admins and I are planning to reinvest 100% of it back into the server to buy things such as developers and to pay for server fees (as the admins said they don't want money & I obviously don't need it). It is being revamped as I deleted the source code (yes I physically deleted it and removed it from everything because I was done with everything so its being remade).

The Bank

Its not a secret the bank is dog shit. I planned on making the bank so much more but unfortunately I rushed it out before I took a vacation back in August. I do want to add more things to the bank manager. This is something that should have been properly released but looking back at it now, if I waited for it to have the features I wanted, it probably would have never released. It is in a very safe state (get it cause its a safe) to prevent exploitation like before. The bank before this one was very bad. People were making upwards to 40 - 60 mil a DAY just by stuffing it in their base. I plan to look at this and see what I can do to benefit both parties.

Enchanting

The talent is on a 30 minute timer but it did kill the enchanting job. The talent will be changed.

Rules / Punishing

I do agree with you on this point. I think some punishments are too harsh and some staff members are too quick to jump the gun with banning / warning players. This also isn't on your list but I do not like all of the extra things being added to the rules (not really my place to say anything because people are asking for this stuff) but it voids why the rules were revamped some time 1 or 2 years ago. The sole purpose of the rule revamp was to provide a concise and easy reading to know what to do and what not to do and I feel like its being more and more convoluted with things that shouldn't need explanation / could be said easier. 

From the staff point of view though its needed because some players are actually braindead and it need it spelled out for them. I mean the common sense rule was removed because its obvious that the definition of common sense differs from person to person. At some point I will most likely get the staff team together to go through rules which can be compressed into a single one to prevent a huge bloat.

To quickly talk about some of the things from other users above as I just checked the thread before posting this and at the time there were no posts

Processors are even better than they were back then, the only difference is that you have to refill them if you're not the owner of them every 20 prints or something

You want printers to be buffed but you also think the economy is inflated

You want daily updates back which most likely will never happen until the shop is back in place or unless I get fired or UNLESS you gimmie a LOT of money

You can disable people's boomboxes

The fountain is still the center, there is just other NPCs around the map to incentivize people to base in other parts of the map

There is a reward for the RDM arena for the top person

The anonymous sound is on a cooldown for the next reset

/roll is not a broadcast it is local to people in your visibility set which will be changed

The black screen glitch should be fixed with the king

The max prop limit was decreased to 75 due to user requests saying it created bases there were too OP

One of the last updates I did collects a lot of stats about weapons and their usability, there should be weapon updates soon

Encouraging people to become TMOD isn't something I gave too much though into but it sounds like something I can do

I don't think inflation is a bad thing right now. Out of over 200,000 players only 140 have over 10 mil

Viscus:

I wanted to have a single set of weapons instead of 9000 of them but not only would that cause an insane amount of issues, people do like the variety of weapons. I do heavily agree with you though, unfortunately it just won't happen.

CSS Knifes are a very low download size (20MB for all I think) removing them wouldn't really do anything

The master stalker is getting a mini revamp

I do like less content as it will allow more fine tuning but unfortunately like I said above, people do NOT like removal of content unless it harms them

• Like 1