Warns

caleb

I'M NOT 100% SURE IF THIS SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED, IT'S JUST AN IDEA/SUGGESTION.

I recommend reading the whole thing so you can kind of understand what I meant by "deletion or warns." And my stance on it all.

I figured I'd suggest that Sugar should implement a system that auto-deletes your warns if they're a year old, because I have a small number of warns that are invalid or really old. I'm sure other players can agree with this.

To start off, I don't know how this should be implemented but I figured this would be nice because we have the ability to appeal warns, but if the staff member who gave us the warn is no longer apart of the community, we're stuck with the warn forever and it adds to our total forever. I myself have 11 warns as of 10/29/2018 and that is because I've played for a long time (since late 2016) and they've just racked up, I've never been banned, just warned and I think I've learned from my warns, and I'm sure others have as well. It'd be pretty cool to see if Sugar would be willing to add a system to auto-delete warns after a certain amount of time (which I think a year is fine). Not too short, and it's not that long.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW SUGAR IMPLEMENTS THIS IF IT GETS ACCEPTED, THIS IS JUST AN IDEA.

To conclude, the warn system could be revised and could keep a log of all of your current warns (so staff could see them) but have an active warn threshold, which the warns become in-active after a certain time.

For example, Player X gets warned on 10/29/2018 and a year has passed (10/29/2019) and his warn is declared inactive but still logged for staff.

As for the banning system/kick system for warns, they can stay the same.

But if a player gets an obsessive amount of warns (even if the warns given aren't active, it should be a high punishment).

I figured I'd suggest that Sugar should implement a system that auto-deletes your warns if they're a year old, because I have a small number of warns that are invalid or old

I figured this would be nice because we have the ability to appeal warns, but if the staff member who gave us the warn is no longer apart of the community, we're stuck with the warn forever and it adds to our total forever. I myself have 11 warns as of 10/29/2018 and that is because I've played for a long time (since late 2016) and they've just racked up, I've never been banned, just warned and I think I've learned from my warns, and I'm sure others have as well. It'd be pretty cool to see if Sugar would be willing to add a system to auto-delete warns after a certain amount of time (which I think a year is fine). Not too short, and it's not that long.

To conclude, the warn system could be revised and could keep a log of all of your current warns (so staff could see them) but have an active warn threshold, which the warns become in-active after a certain time.

For example, Player X gets warned on 10/29/2018 and a year has passed (10/29/2019) and his warn is declared inactive but still logged for staff.

But if a player gets an obsessive amount of warns (even if they aren't active, it should be a high punishment).

Yikes actually one of the worst suggestions, if the warns are false just appeal them and if they rules are no longer valid i think they should still be kept since it will show regardless that the player didnt follow a rule at the time. This would really only benefit minges that get alot of warns. If you have a few warns its not a big deal. I could only see this working if you change amount of warns need to get perma banned to 10 or having 3 similar warns is a perma banned. Already pretty laxed with warn system, if you can figure the rules by 50 probly should seek professional help if its not due to being too careless or intentional breaking the rules.

I figured I'd suggest that Sugar should implement a system that auto-deletes your warns if they're a year old, because I have a small number of warns that are invalid or old

I figured this would be nice because we have the ability to appeal warns, but if the staff member who gave us the warn is no longer apart of the community, we're stuck with the warn forever and it adds to our total forever. I myself have 11 warns as of 10/29/2018 and that is because I've played for a long time (since late 2016) and they've just racked up, I've never been banned, just warned and I think I've learned from my warns, and I'm sure others have as well. It'd be pretty cool to see if Sugar would be willing to add a system to auto-delete warns after a certain amount of time (which I think a year is fine). Not too short, and it's not that long.

But if a player gets an obsessive amount of warns (even if they aren't active, it should be a high punishment).

Yikes actually one of the worst suggestions, if the warns are false just appeal them and if they rules are no longer valid i think they should still be kept since it will show regardless that the player didnt follow a rule at the time. This would really only benefit minges that get alot of warns. If you have a few warns its not a big deal. I could only see this working if you change amount of warns need to get perma banned to 10 or having 3 similar warns is a perma banned. Already pretty laxed with warn system, if you can figure the rules by 50 probly should seek professional help if its not due to being too careless or intentional breaking the rules.

I didn't mean for this suggestion to target minges to get away with breaking rules constantly, I meant it because I've seen people try to appeal their warns that staff members gave them but the staff isn't with the community any more and the warn is kept. I'm not saying the warns should be auto deleted after a month, but a year or two years or a certain long time should be fine. I could appeal my warns, but some are from staff members who aren't even around anymore.

For example, I have a warn from shmokeSD who is LONG-gone from the community, and it's a year+ old, it seems like a good idea to me, if Sugar deals with it/implements it in the right way if he accepts this suggestion.

I could actually think of this to be a really good idea. This isn't meant to be targeted towards minges/rdmers etc.. However, I believe some warns shouldn't be removed (ex, rdm). This could be used to counter the rdmers and shit. Here's one thing. Just don't get warned.

Believe it or not, staff, I'm not suggesting this just for myself (especially considering none of my warns are 1 month old), but I think it's a good idea. Especially if a person has a bad spread on the server and turns around. It's a big bias thing with staff. If somebody has a high warn count, they're more likely to get a warn than not.

What you did was against the rules at the time. You deserve the warns. If you receive a false warn contact us when you're given it so the warning staff can help us determine the outcome. Otherwise, this won't be happening anytime soon.

Believe it or not, staff, I'm not suggesting this just for myself (especially considering none of my warns are 1 month old), but I think it's a good idea. Especially if a person has a bad spread on the server and turns around. It's a big bias thing with staff. If somebody has a high warn count, they're more likely to get a warn than not.

See what i mean, my point proven.