Jump to content

I'm new and could use some help


Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the server (and new to garry's mod in general) and needed some help. I have downloaded all the mods and all the collections I could find and I could think of but I still get models running around as big errors. Everything else is good except that. Can Anyone help me? I'll be on my steam/playing all day today so look for me or shoot me a steam message...

 

-vG.Ranlor

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/6500-im-new-and-could-use-some-help/
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick response but I don't know if that's it. I also noticed that certain jobs in the select-a-job screen are all errors and the players who are those jobs are errors. I'm confused because my friend who plays the server recently created a massive (almost like 15 gb) collection of every mod that he has and sent it to me so I have the same mods as him however he doesn't see nearly as many errors as I do. He'll see the occasional CC that's an error but I see entire job sets that are all errors. Sorry if it seems confusing, I'm still super super new to GMod and DarkRP and everything. lol

Did you purchase Counter Strike: Source in steam? GM is based off of CS:S models and textures and usually when you buy GM it comes as a discounted package with CS:S.

 

 I don't own CSS however my friend steam shared it and I have it installed. GMod always shows that it's using CSS textures. I once loaded the server without CSS and it was super super error and missing textures everywhere. I don't get any textures errors, just missing characters. Mainly the jobs under Weird Jobs, The Cultists, Almost all the Gang and VIP jobs show as errors in the job selection and in-game.

These are the additional workshop textures for the server. Follow both links, sign in and make sure you're subscribed to all. 

 

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451360234

 

Optional Workshop Link By Dian Robingson: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671644638

These are the additional workshop textures for the server. Follow both links, sign in and make sure you're subscribed to all. 

 

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451360234

 

Optional Workshop Link By Dian Robingson: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671644638

 

I have both of those installed (and the linked TeetsRP2 collection) and pretty much every collection and workshop item from Sugar Tits. The main reason I'm super confused is that I and my friend Lividxphos have the exact same mods and games preinstalled (CSS) and he sees the models like normal however they are errors to me.

Try this:

 

 

1-open garry's mod

2-press the game button at right down corner

3-select the games you own if they are not selected like half-life 2 or css

if they were unselected thats your problem here the game sometimes unselects them and creates texture issues.

 

Try this:

 

 

1-open garry's mod

2-press the game button at right down corner

3-select the games you own if they are not selected like half-life 2 or css

if they were unselected thats your problem here the game sometimes unselects them and creates texture issues.

 

 

 

I have CSS, CSGO, Team Fortress 2, HL2, and Left 4 dead 2 checked and those are the only ones I have.


8752488212780645068752488212780645061080x960https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/875248821278064506/765A9BB356F56520B034981840D2770C06E93430/[/img]

This is what I see

This is our workshop collection here

 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=644550395

 

When you join, it should download it for you but on the rare case that it's wonky, that is all of it.

 

Also the F4 menu seems to do a weird thing with caching the model icon so if you have the model now, when before you didn't, it may still show as an error on the F4 menu. So don't be scared of that if you still see it after you download the content!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...