It doesn't feel like it's "Earned"

Cicada

The reason this was implemented was because there was a lack of communication. Not enough people communicated if a trial was bad enough to be demoted or not good enough to be promoted. This made people become trial mods for MONTHS (cough cough Dima was trial mod for 2 - 3 months and has close to 2000 sits he just got promoted 2 days ago)

Don't feel discouraged though, if you managed to hit 150 sits then you are doing great! Out of the 108 staff members logged in the sit logs, there are only 34 staff members with over 500 sits (I was told 500 sits was a better gauge to hit in 2 weeks instead of 150 which

If you can hit 150 sits without being demoted / getting reports on you then you deserve the promotion. That means you helped out with 150 individual situations. Back then, people were promoted within hours to days because we had higher staff watching over them. If you can take sits and complete them, you get to be promoted to the next level. Granted the next level of being a Moderator is nothing more than being able to pick up people and being able to ban people for a week.

The trial period is not supposed to last that long and is no more than a test of "Can you handle the powers and are you willing to play your part".

Ah, kind of cleared it up now that you've explained it, Thanks Sugar for taking some time and answering. Appreciate it.

Wanted a bit of insight from a higher up, and you being the owner and responding is a great thing. Clarifies it by a lot.

Cheers Sugar, I Just felt like it seemed odd, but now I semi-get it though. 

Thanks for the response,

Im agreeing with sugar. If you get x amount of sits, and dont get demoted,  then you havent been fucking up.  

Now, there is an issue

People get bullied, made fun of, etc for reporting. Thus, people are discouraged for reporting. I believe causing drama about reports with -rep or in ooc should be against the rules.

This was discussed in the meeting two weeks ago. 

It was suggested by majority of the people who wanted a way for tmods to be promoted since majority of the tmods were staying as tmod for months (bad thing). If you wish to change it, feel free to show up to the Saturday meetings and talk about it with Sugar himself, although, you won't find meeting 7/8/17 recording because Blacnova isn't uploading it for some odd reason.

<3

Moist do me a favor and stop writing in that tiny shitty blue text please?

These sits can easily be mis-used. Someone can literally sit there and accept sits but not actually take them, and taking 150 sits aint nothing, just because they took 150 sits it doesn't mean they did them well. I think this system should be removed, and now with more head admins coming on, tmods will be more noticed.

These sits can easily be mis-used. Someone can literally sit there and accept sits but not actually take them, and taking 150 sits aint nothing, just because they took 150 sits it doesn't mean they did them well. I think this system should be removed, and now with more head admins coming on, tmods will be more noticed.

^This

I just don't think Moderator should be given purely based on numbers. As long as we have active head admins (which now we do) tmods will get recognized. And me and Dimitri were promoted days before the implementation of this program by head admins.

Edit: In staff meetings we could have a segment dedicated to giving credit to tmods who are doing a good job

Good to know i'm not the only one thinking of this.

NotBiased:I agree, the system is easily abused, and it will, the whole reason Dima took as long as he did is because every time the topic was brought up someone said no."

I Really agree with this because every time a report or thread on him popped up.. someone was like.. let's take it easy and give him some more time and we'll see.

We also got to remember that Tunnel Snake is now active, blacnova keeps coming on every bit, and Head admins are almost on daily.

Why did the system get added now when we least need it.

And, I understand where sugar is coming from, like the T-Mod phase shouldn't last that long.. But something doesn't feel right still..

System is sheeet my dood. its way too easy to get mod.

if this is a thing then why isnt there a sit goal for admin? or head admin?

its stupid. btw the reason dima was tmod from 2-3 months was because most of the staff didn't think he was ready for mod(abuse, Toxicity), it was not communication.

i think the system should be totally removed. or an alternative i have recommended before is adding another rank. like senior mod or something like that,

setting aside the tmods who got mod in a day from the mods who have been mods for quite a while and worked their way up to mod over time without this shit show system.

"We also got to remember that Tunnel Snake is now active, blacnova keeps coming on every bit, and Head admins are almost on daily.

Why did the system get added now when we least need it." 

This is a great point Cicada.

• Like 1