TitsRP 2?

Two White Crocs

Should we extend the TitsRP brand?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should we extend the TitsRP brand?

• Yes, a secondary server would be nice.
    • No, it seems pointless.

Secondary Server?

For all of you who have been in the DarkRP community for a while, I'm sure you know of a couple servers that have the word "ICE" before them, there are three in fact. 

I'm proposing that we do this. The server is ALWAYS almost maxed out, and I'm sure with the new map we will get more player slots and more room, but how many slots can you put on one server before it becomes uncontrollable

One concern is our host, it can barely host one server, so how is it supposed to host two? 

Sugar has said we're moving hosts, to one that is better and cheaper.

As a final statement, I'd like to add that even if the second server fails, it's not a permanent edition, we could easily terminate it after a month.

Not only the staff, but the community would be split. And would create some interesting conflicts with the inventory and money.

Atm we can barely keep good staff the way it is, split it into two servers and you'll have two servers with no staff and then no players. 

Thinking to the extreme side a bit but i don't think two servers is the answer, at least at the moment

I thought about this briefly yesterday when I was going to purchase a dedicated server from our new host instead of a shared server essentially. Issue with that is:

• It cots 220 a month compared to the 70 we pay now (at least for the top of the line)
  • Gmod runs on 1 core which means you can have 3 other gmod servers since the dedi runs on 4 cores, we only have one server
  • I am not interested in supporting gamemodes I don't like (we had a TTT server, I hated TTT)
  • As doug said, if it was another RP related server, you need more staff
  • There isn't so much of a demand for another server when you can just bump up the slots

It boiled down to: Why pay more money if you're unsure about what you're going to put on the dedi. If the server reaches new heights and we need a second server or there is a gamemode I would really like to either develop for or maintain then sure, we can have a second server. As of right now, there isn't too much of a point of going all out because even if the server is filled, most people wouldn't join the second server. While we may have a good amount of players on the server daily, I don't think it's enough to constitute a second one.

Then management would be ungodly and it's better to focus on the main server for now

Sugar have you used/ thought of using serenity servers to host?

I used them when I ran my server and they were great.

You could run a 120 man server for about $62 and some change a month

Here's a link if you haven't

www.serenityservers.net/game-servers/garrys-mod-server-hosting

I voted yes, but then I changed my mind to .. Meh.. because It's a good Idea for like, let's say if the first server crashed for some reason, we'd have backup, let's say that the server was full, there'd be another server, that sounds lovely doesn't it?

But I have to agree with Doug here,  we already sometimes lack Staff or staff are busy/AFK/RP'ing/Doing IRL Stuff. 

1. , and adding another server MIGHT be a x2 to that. If not an x3 like what Doug said.

On the more of the Positive side; You could have like  a secondary map for it? Let's say like, we already have DarkRP_Downtown, Imagine if there'd be a different map from the workshop, but with extensions, as if there was a new "Country" That you can move to. And the Money would be the same, or maybe a differentn database.

Of course I have no Idea in coding, so what i'm saying might be a bit too tough, but..

Just thought I'd leave my thoughts on here, Cheers!

Atm i think it's more about stability and performance for increasing slots, not money or hardware. Atm 90 people online the map gets crowded, and areas like the pd can have godawful fps (and i can GUARANTEE it's not my pc, my pc is god mode lol). 

Sugar, are there other game modes you would be interesting in?  Idk shit about the other games modes lol.

Another possibility... find a sister server... idk if that's a thing between gmod communities but the clan i was in on cs: s did that. We had 4 servers run between 2 communities that eventually melded into one

On the more of the Positive side; You could have like  a secondary map for it? Let's say like, we already have DarkRP_Downtown, Imagine if there'd be a different map from the workshop, but with extensions, as if there was a new "Country" That you can move to.

This actually sounds awesome, idk if it would be possible but have it so when you go down into one of the highway tunnels you are brought to the other server or something?

Correct, or even like a mini bus stop or something, that connects you to the server. 

[it's just an RP Thing, in my personal opinion, the use of the other server would be (1) A backup (2) Maybe a test server where people can try out new maps and give ratings, Before it gets put on the First Server.]

Though some might argue and say;

"Well, why not just make the map bigger?"

(1) That makes the performance less, by a good bit.

And, I don't think it's necessary to add the whole "Connect to the Server by a Airport in RP" It makes it overly complicated. But it's a nice addition :).

If sugar can actually do god's work and make it where you just simply walk to the other server, then i'd be so happy.

The entire community would be split up into two having a second server. However, the community would more than likely increase and like Doug said Serenity sever hosting would be something to think about. They have more protection as you work with them and if we have another server, more people would donate to improve our community. We would all, as a community, would have to group together and provide help and suggestions for this to work, though. It takes time running ONE server and running two would make it difficult. However with the right hosting, and staff, it could work. But like I said, it would take a good amount of time put into having another server.