Retarded Sits and Staff Claiming Them

Golden Pup

I mean, some tmods just take sits just so they can raise their sitcount. I mean they're retarded sits, but if you just want to staff and feeling a little extra helpful and the server isnt going crazy, I don't see whats wrong in claiming them? It can be a problem if a ton of sits are coming in and you only respond to those kinds of sits...

I know most of you want to help but what Blacnova said is basically true. At one point we were pretty strict with what we responded to. The word limit was 100 and if you didn't have enough detail in how we could help you, it was ignored. But then staff actually requested me to lower the word count to 50. I know there are situations that can easily be described in less than 50 words but for the most part, people abuse that just to have someone else deal with their issue.

Now if people are playing the game normally and all is good, no chaos is underway then sure take those silly sits. The issue comes where you are intentionally making more work for yourself. Say people are going crazy, shit is going down but you still want to help more people.

Do you help the guy who does

"rdm ."

or

"I got rdmed by this guy. I was walking down the street and he killed me, he was a cop. I wasn't wanted. I tried talking to him and he didn't say anything"

You're supposed to ignore the "rdm ." call with "Not enough info, ect" and help out the guy with more info. If you don't ignore that sit and you go to the kid, he is going to think "Okay, I got the staff member to come to me and he helped me even though I was retarded and gave him no info."

That leads to more and more people getting accepted with calls like "got killed " "how do I bind a key" "are there any staff online" "can I talk 2 u"

If you ignore those calls and tell people it's NOT okay to do that (which it's not, it's in the rules) then people will learn that "Hey, I can't get a staff member to come to me unless I form a sentence that tells the staff member my iq is higher than 70"

By all means, take those sits if you have nothing else better to do but don't help the people who can't help themselves. It just creates more work for you and burns you out

I understand that completely and obviously there should be a priority level to consider when multiple reports are on. I'm just saying if they are the only ones in need of help at the time, why not take the sit?

That's what he said, theres no problem in taking them when the servers slow and theres not many sits coming on through, but when the servers at its rush hour and theres lots of sits, theres some staff members who go and take the sit "this guy stole my boombox" instead of taking sits on "This guy is mass rdming people"