Server rules the benefit the rule breaker more than the victim

Beersy

Hi. I am sure some of you know me, but wether you do or not is irrelevant.

I am here to point a sort of flaw in the rules, one that benefits someone who breaks them more than if they didn't.

Here is what happened.

Me, playing my prospective custom class, decided it would be neato to raid someone living the top floor of the apartment complex. Upon entering the base, I killed the base owner, and started lock picking my way through his base (He was basing alone). Now, in this scenario, I would have 100% destroyed all his printers, plants, etc, and have successfully raided. However, he came back, blatantly breaking the "NLR Rule" (I know its not actually called NLR, but you know what I mean) and killed me, even though he lost fair and square. Alright, so I call an admin. 

Upon speaking with the admin and him, its determined that he fail-raided/broke the rules, and gets a warn. However, I still lose my 30k or so in equipped items, and he gets to hop away and keep all his raidables that would have been gone if he hadnt broken the rules.

Let me break it down:

Scenario 1:

-I enter the base

-I kill the owner

-I lockpick my way into his base

-He waits patiently following the rules

-I take his money, destroy his stuff, and keep my stuff

-I lose nothing, he loses his raidables. Standard raid, standard trade-off.

Scenario 2:

-I enter the base

-I kill the owner

-I lockpick my way into his base

-He comes back blatantly breaking the rules

-He kills me, causing me to call an admin.

-He gets a warn, and gets to go back to his untouched base

-I lose my equipped items and dont get any money, and he gets some text that says he did a bad thing.

Do you see what im saying? By breaking the rules, hes better off than I am.

I got raided last night, admittedly I was salty about it, but I waited like I should. Because it was a fair raid, and I lost. I lost my things for following the rules, but if I went back, I wouldnt have lost my stuff, and all I would get is a warn. If I was a class with a gun I wouldn't even have lost weapons or equipment either.

In what way, shape, or form, is this fair? How come he doesent get a kick to lose what he should have fairly lost, or at least let me go back to destroy his things?

The admins claim its because I died during a raid, and cant go back. However, I shouldnt have died in the first place since he shouldnt have come back.

The same rule that he broke is the same rule that protects him. In no way, shape or form is that fair.

The admins had no answer for that besides "I dont know" and "Thats just the rules".

When I was mod, I would have kicked them, or brought them back to the house, let them continue the raid, and make sure everyone got what they deserved. Nobody complained, I was never reported and it was a done deal.

I know things a little different now, but that doesent make it fair.

I've handled situations like this many times before and in my experience as long as the raider was raiding fairly, I'd let them go back inside the base and jail the person getting raided and warn them for the usual shit. As you shouldn't have died thus it should be as though it never really happened. Obviously I don't have experience as staff on this server and I can't tell you whether or not that's the precedent for them but in my opinion the way they handled the situation was wrong and that shouldn't have happened.

Im glad im clearly not the only one who thinks this. However, Im not trying to report the moderators as they are only following what the MOTD says (One of them was only a mod since 1 day prior). Im simply trying to make the server admins and higher ups aware.

It's not really a flaw in the rules, rather that the admin / mod not taking into consideration that they lost. I don't think I have ever personally went and destroyed anyone's things if it was left there and they broke NLR but I definitely would have if they asked.

Either way, breaking NLR and admitting to it is usually a few hours ban to a day ban or something along those lines which probably should have happened

I totally agree. Unfortunately I do not have a demo, but if you would like to correlate a warning for spazzkid (there were some numbers in his name) then by all means. This all went down around 2:30PM on saturday. However, this was more or less to shed some light on this issue as its not the first time it's happened, not so much a report.

• 2 weeks later...

Ehhh I would agree but shooting printers is a dick move. Either just take what you can from them within the 10 minute raid time limit or just steal it. Shooting it is dickish and should only be done if the player is being a dick to you.