Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In-Game Name

SublimeVibes

Your Steam ID

STEAM_0:0:86154931

Why were you banned or warned?

'Mass RDM'

Why should you be unwarned/unbanned?

First Ban over a whole day playtime, pretty clean record. Always attempts to follow rules and guidelines.

Who warned/banned you?

Steve the Hare Harrington

How long were you warned or banned for?

One whole week.

To preface: Yes I killed several players. Admittance.

 

Why?: Frustration. Not excusable, but I can elaborate for the appeal.

 

Details of incident from my POV:

I main PD mostly on the server for funsies. I believe its an underplayed role. Most of Government job roleplay is dealing with minges to begin with. I used to play Arma 2 Takistan Life as a cop for many years as a kid so I find the roles fun and engaging when its going right.

 

I work 3rd shift and play the server at night. Sometimes there's a lack of moderation in the late hours which make you work double time as a Government job. However, my frustration stemmed from the lack of responses to my tickets in almost every case that there are moderators actively playing the server.

 

Several people were all perched in a window ledge ON the PD's Windows. Everyone was spamming voicelines in-game (the non-mutable ones). At first I was like, 'OK no big deal.' Because what am I, robocop?  So I left. Then as I was checking bounty board I noticed a 10k bounty on a person who was on the ledge. There were several fellow officer-job-playing people standing up there with him. I jumped from the other roof across the street to reach the ledge they were all on, and attempted to handcuff the bounty player.

 

What followed next was a hail on stun batons and shovel smacks/and/or/fists??- from almost everyone standing up there. It was a flurry. Hard to distinguish.

But I was assaulted according to in-game rules. I opened fire on the line of officers, all standing in a neat row, and most definitely killed the ones who had hit me in FailRP with their batons.

And crossfire happened. I didn't let go of the trigger admittedly until everyone was off the ledge. The player with a bounty called for an admin, but weirdly, I was banned SEVERAL hours after the incident?

 

I went to bed, woke up, and was banned for 6 days and 22 hours. That meant I was banned only 2 hours before checking, and the incident occurred over 6 hours ago when I went to sleep.

 

Should I have shot everyone? Probably not, but in the moment I had believed everyone on the ledge was involved in damaging me first. Understandably, DarkRP is a gagglefuck sometimes.

 

But the player with a bounty was not happy he was interrupted and called a sit. The OOC was flooded with admin calls. And I left the server with a sour taste in my mouth. I shouldn't have done what I did, but I'd hit my point with the selective rule enforcement and decided that was it for the night.

 

I'm asking to have my ban reversed with a full admittance of what I did, as this is the only GMOD server left I play.

 

The ban came as a big disappointment to me as I've worked hard all week to level gang to 20 for an extra talent I was looking forward to. Please consider removing it or shortening it, with warm regards.

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/
Share on other sites

I'll go ahead and let the banning staff member know, but you do admit to MRDM. Just because its the only server you play doesn't warrant an unban. Also, just because you assume people of shooting you, doesn't justify spraying down everyone in the vicinity of that area. However, I will hold off on a vote.

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182458
Share on other sites

Hello Good sir, Mr. Harrington here. So your ban and sits were actually taken by moola man(will show screenshot below) hopefully he can clarify this (I will text him for logs and see what he has to say and what we can check)

https://imgur.com/a/ZFGWSlN

Edited by Steve Harrington
Chud
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182459
Share on other sites

Hello sublime im moola man i had taken the sit shortly after you went offline and from what i gathered you killed ALOT of people then got offline and went to bed etc. after reading your appeal well yes this is mass rdm but it seems like you do want to play and you dont have any priors and i wasnt able to talk to you before so i gave a default 1w ban BUT it does seem like your overall a good player and have a good amount of hours but just be more careful next time and enjoy the server! i am giving a 
+1 for reduced ban 1-3 days

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182460
Share on other sites

Based on the original moderator who issued the bans opinion, and from what I gathered from your well written appeal, you openly admitted to wrong doing, but, I understand your way of thinking and where your headspace was at when you decided to break the rules. I feel like someone who didn't genuinely care would never put this much effort into their appeal, and for that I am 
+1 for reduction

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182461
Share on other sites

@Moolaman

Thank you so much for your support and understanding as well.

This is also a bump for an update request: I'd hope this reflects my exigency on the matter.

I would love to join you guys tonight when I wake up after my 10 hour shift last night. 🤗

Please consider lifting my ban with time served for 1 full day.

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182464
Share on other sites

Hello, after talking to moola and looking over the logs for this situation, I do feel that you were intentionally killing other players, the reason I’m not super sure but I think a reduction is something that is within reach since you don’t have anything on your record for priors for this type of behavior. That being said I’m +1 for reduction to 3d ban! I do ask that you refrain from doing this in the future!

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182465
Share on other sites

I understand your frustration, and since the banning stagf member has already said his part the only thing I'll say is if youre having issues with the servers players you can always try to avoid certain sections or calling a sit if it goes to far the last thing we want is for you to take actions into your own hands and get yourself punished. 

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182469
Share on other sites

@Moolaman

12 minutes ago, Madx2r0 said:

I understand your frustration, and since the banning stagf member has already said his part the only thing I'll say is if youre having issues with the servers players you can always try to avoid certain sections or calling a sit if it goes to far the last thing we want is for you to take actions into your own hands and get yourself punished. 

Very respectfully, I have though. I am being truthful when I say "Selective Rule Enforcement." I've had maybe one of my @'s ever legitimately answered to before. I do call for FailRP, RDM, etc. I can't tell you how many times someones assassinated me in the first 30 seconds as the wrong job after becoming mayor for example.

 

It falls on deaf ears in my lived experience. But it seems as if the minute a player such as gets a taste of their own they scream in OOC about such a thing and the mods come flying out of the walls.

 

The most recent interaction I can even recall having with a moderator was one that Teleported me out of my base to tell me I couldn't have a build sign with an empty battery Shipment Processor I scooped up elsewhere on the map in a pickup box. I said oh my bad I was almost done building but I'll take down the sign. One full minute after taking down the Building sign, another moderator comes throwing C4 after C4 into my base methodically like he knew the layout already...

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/25604-mrdm-ban-appeal/#findComment-182470
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...