Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In-Game Name

Shekelburg

Your Steam ID

76561198131728060

Why were you banned or warned?

Switching to another cop class after being falsely demoted

Why should you be unwarned/unbanned?

I was recently banned for 5 days due to a class switch that was considered a rule violation. I understand the importance of rules, but I wasn’t aware that switching to another cop class was against the rules, especially when it was only for a brief moment (just one minute). The situation was complicated by the fact that I was falsely demoted and didn’t understand why the person I arrested was being let off.

To clarify, I was in a sit with a staff member who acknowledged the false demotion. The player I arrested had a SWEP, violating the mayor’s laws, but I was demoted because I didn’t know why they were arrested. Rather than being informed about the class switch rule, I was banned for 5 days. I feel like I could’ve been given a verbal warning or an opportunity to learn from the situation.

It’s especially frustrating because this rule isn’t written anywhere, and the staff member mentioned this had happened multiple times before. If it's a common issue, why isn’t it in the rules? If it's an unwritten rule, shouldn't it start with a verbal warning? I didn’t mean to break any rules, and now I'm facing a 5-day ban for something I didn’t know was wrong.
I’m just asking for more clarity on what’s expected, so I can avoid issues in the future. I appreciate the staff's efforts, but this situation is discouraging, and I believe clearer communication could prevent others from facing the same outcome.

Who warned/banned you?

Decent human being

How long were you warned or banned for?

5 days
  • Like 2
  • Crybaby 1
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22511-banned-for-being-falsely-demoted/
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

 I understand the importance of rules, but I wasn’t aware that switching to another cop class was against the rules, especially when it was only for a brief moment (just one minute).

Hello, you are intentionally leaving out important details of your ban reason. You were /demote'd off of your Cop Custom Class, in order to PREVENT the demote timer effecting your ability to play as cop you intentionally swapped to another Cop Custom Class to bypass the demote timer that is normally in place on normal cop classes, you are aware of this being a bypass because you swapped to the class 10 seconds after being demoted, then after 2 minutes when your actual demote timer was up you swapped back to the class you had been demoted from.

 

 

8 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

The situation was complicated by the fact that I was falsely demoted and didn’t understand why the person I arrested was being let off.


You were demoted because you arrested a player and didnt explain the reason for their arrest - this is a valid RP reason to demote cops, as what cop in real life arrests you without telling you what you did? The person you were arresting asked ''why'' in chat, and you said ''I don't know'' and arrested them. Even IF there was valid reason to arrest, you intentionally not saying why he was being arrested / not giving a reason at all is just bad RP and is valid to be demoted for. 

If someone failed to perform their job functions correctly (Ex: A cop let their friend have a gun without a license) you can /demote them. 
 

12 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

 

The player I arrested had a SWEP, violating the mayor’s laws, but I was demoted because I didn’t know why they were arrested. 

? self report rda ? why do you as the arresting officer not know why you're arresting someone? The guy asked u and u said i dont know and arrested, and even here you're saying you dont know why you arrested him. So yeah the demote seems valid

Anyways, the demote isnt an entirely relevant point to argue over, as valid or not (it is valid), the issue is you bypassing the demote timer by swapping to another cop cc to wait it out and continue playing as cop.

 

 

15 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

It’s especially frustrating because this rule isn’t written anywhere, and the staff member mentioned this had happened multiple times before. If it's a common issue, why isn’t it in the rules? If it's an unwritten rule, shouldn't it start with a verbal warning? I didn’t mean to break any rules, and now I'm facing a 5-day ban for something I didn’t know was wrong.
I’m just asking for more clarity on what’s expected, so I can avoid issues in the future. I appreciate the staff's efforts, but this situation is discouraging, and I believe clearer communication could prevent others from facing the same outcome.

DO report bugs/exploits! Using them to your own advantage and not reporting them will have you banned

are you saying it is an unwritten rule that exploiting / buguse is bannable? are you seriously saying we need to write down every single thing that is an exploit :? 

Exploiting is using a feature in an unintended manner to give yourself an advantage.

(advantage is bypassing your demote timer / bypassing valid demotes, i highly doubt this is the first time youve used this bug as you did it within 10 seconds of being demoted -> job switch cooldown is like 6 seconds, so 4 seconds after u were able to bypass demote timer you did. doesnt sound accidental or done unknowingly..)

I am -1 and think 3 days is a fair ban length considering your advantage gained wasn't that severe, and neither is this ban length.

Quote

I was recently banned for 5 days due to a class switch that was considered a rule violation.

The ban was retroactively decreased upon being issued because I felt the advantage gained from this exploit is not worthy of a 5 day ban. I don't understand how you are still claiming how the demotion was false when I explained it to you multiple times during the sit. "If someone failed to perform their job functions correctly" they can be demoted. I would argue when someone asks why they are being arrested and instead of responding "weapons illegal" (which is so easy to do) you just respond "idk" that you are not performing your job function correctly.

 

As for the actual reason you were banned, you used an unintended gameplay mechanic to bypass demotion timer. It is clearly not intended and common sense that when you are demoted not to swap to another cop CC to dodge this timer. The argument against these unwritten rules does not hold up in my opinion as it is clearly not intended. Lets say I demote you as mayor and you just swap to your other cop CC, as a mayor this wouldn't make sense as in RP I just fired you. Most of your situations can be resolved if you just think "Is this leading to good RP". Your other cop CC is literally called "spawn cop" probably in reference to you sitting in spawn tunnel arresting people which also isn't good RP.

 

Now on to my evidence on why this ban is valid. I have attached relevant screenshots of the logs of the situation in this imgur link. 

https://imgur.com/a/SiO6yZC

 

I, as the banning staff, believe this ban is fair -1.

1 hour ago, Decent Human Being said:

The ban was retroactively decreased upon being issued because I felt the advantage gained from this exploit is not worthy of a 5 day ban. I don't understand how you are still claiming how the demotion was false when I explained it to you multiple times during the sit. "If someone failed to perform their job functions correctly" they can be demoted. I would argue when someone asks why they are being arrested and instead of responding "weapons illegal" (which is so easy to do) you just respond "idk" that you are not performing your job function correctly.

 

As for the actual reason you were banned, you used an unintended gameplay mechanic to bypass demotion timer. It is clearly not intended and common sense that when you are demoted not to swap to another cop CC to dodge this timer. The argument against these unwritten rules does not hold up in my opinion as it is clearly not intended. Lets say I demote you as mayor and you just swap to your other cop CC, as a mayor this wouldn't make sense as in RP I just fired you. Most of your situations can be resolved if you just think "Is this leading to good RP". Your other cop CC is literally called "spawn cop" probably in reference to you sitting in spawn tunnel arresting people which also isn't good RP.

 

Now on to my evidence on why this ban is valid. I have attached relevant screenshots of the logs of the situation in this imgur link. 

https://imgur.com/a/SiO6yZC

 

I, as the banning staff, believe this ban is fair -1.

Okay so being demoted for being a shit cop is a valid reason? even if my mic is off ill personally type out to each and every person why they are being arrested, makes sence.... not

Also avoiding a 2 minute timer for your first time is worth a 3 day ban?

Edited by FatGrandmother
1 hour ago, Tene said:

Hello, you are intentionally leaving out important details of your ban reason. You were /demote'd off of your Cop Custom Class, in order to PREVENT the demote timer effecting your ability to play as cop you intentionally swapped to another Cop Custom Class to bypass the demote timer that is normally in place on normal cop classes, you are aware of this being a bypass because you swapped to the class 10 seconds after being demoted, then after 2 minutes when your actual demote timer was up you swapped back to the class you had been demoted from.

 

 


You were demoted because you arrested a player and didnt explain the reason for their arrest - this is a valid RP reason to demote cops, as what cop in real life arrests you without telling you what you did? The person you were arresting asked ''why'' in chat, and you said ''I don't know'' and arrested them. Even IF there was valid reason to arrest, you intentionally not saying why he was being arrested / not giving a reason at all is just bad RP and is valid to be demoted for. 

If someone failed to perform their job functions correctly (Ex: A cop let their friend have a gun without a license) you can /demote them. 
 

? self report rda ? why do you as the arresting officer not know why you're arresting someone? The guy asked u and u said i dont know and arrested, and even here you're saying you dont know why you arrested him. So yeah the demote seems valid

Anyways, the demote isnt an entirely relevant point to argue over, as valid or not (it is valid), the issue is you bypassing the demote timer by swapping to another cop cc to wait it out and continue playing as cop.

 

 

DO report bugs/exploits! Using them to your own advantage and not reporting them will have you banned

are you saying it is an unwritten rule that exploiting / buguse is bannable? are you seriously saying we need to write down every single thing that is an exploit :? 

Exploiting is using a feature in an unintended manner to give yourself an advantage.

(advantage is bypassing your demote timer / bypassing valid demotes, i highly doubt this is the first time youve used this bug as you did it within 10 seconds of being demoted -> job switch cooldown is like 6 seconds, so 4 seconds after u were able to bypass demote timer you did. doesnt sound accidental or done unknowingly..)

I am -1 and think 3 days is a fair ban length considering your advantage gained wasn't that severe, and neither is this ban length.

Okay so being demoted for shit cop is a valid rp reason? even if my mic is off ill personally type out to each and every person why they are being arrested, makes sence.... not

 

Also avoiding a 2 minute timer for your first time is worth a 3 day ban first time hearing about this? wow seems like the staff is against me or something.. the person i arrested was a long term player he should have known to check the mayor board, false demote

Edited by FatGrandmother
21 minutes ago, Riv said:

-1

I believe 3 days for this is valid especially considering this could have been an exploiting ban.

lol that's why i was banned... unwritten rule, only reason i changed jobs because i *thought* i was falsely demoted and it wasn't explained lol... why go to a  ban for something i didn't know. seems super unfair im just trying to follow the rules and play the game.. my bad for breaking a rule it wont happen again. what's wrong with that??? skipped 2 minutes of job time banned 3 days, shortened from 5.  nice this is a joke lol

Edited by FatGrandmother
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FatGrandmother said:

Okay so being demoted for shit cop is a valid rp reason? even if my mic is off ill personally type out to each and every person why they are being arrested, makes sence.... not

he asked why he was being arrested and u said ''i dont know'' and arrested him. i think him demoting you for a random arrest is valid when that is ur reasoning xd

 

 

2 hours ago, FatGrandmother said:

The player I arrested had a SWEP, violating the mayor’s laws, but I was demoted because I didn’t know why they were arrested. 

like wat, if u dont know why theyre being arrested in what world would they know why theyre being arrested? demote for ''arrested me for no reason'' is entirely valid when no reason was provided and even you dont know why they were arrested xd

 

 

11 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

lol that's why i was banned... unwritten rule, only reason i changed jobs because i *thought* i was falsely demoted and it wasn't explained lol

what is an unwritten rule? that exploiting isnt allowed? or are you requesting incredibly niche scenario of ''Do not bypass demote timers'' needs to be added to the rules just to cater to you lacking common sense? It is clearly exploiting/bugusing to swap to a cop cc to bypass a demote timer - you know that it only works with cop ccs because you within 10 seconds of being demoted immediately switched to one to bypass the timer and then swapped back to the other job when you were off of timer.

You intentionally did it because you *thought* it was a false demote, and only AFTER you bypassed the demote timer did you call a sit for the demote

You seem to expect no harsh punishments for any of your rulebreaks and always argue that you need to be given a verbal, sometimes arguing a verbal is too much despite breaking a rule. I really hope this ban teaches you to stop breaking rules and expecting the tiniest punishments to be handed out to you.

You have 3 verbals in your notes, a warn, and a ban (2 including this), within the last 2 weeks since you have started playing again. Stop expecting to not be held accountable.
 

29 minutes ago, FatGrandmother said:

lol that's why i was banned... unwritten rule, only reason i changed jobs because i *thought* i was falsely demoted and it wasn't explained lol... why go to a  ban for something i didn't know. seems super unfair im just trying to follow the rules and play the game.. my bad for breaking a rule it wont happen again. what's wrong with that??? skipped 2 minutes of job time banned 3 days, shortened from 5

Yes i mentioned, they had a swep out, lol do you not read tene brain?

I had 0 warnings about switching to a different job what are you talking about man?

Edited by FatGrandmother
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, Tene said:

he asked why he was being arrested and u said ''i dont know'' and arrested him. i think him demoting you for a random arrest is valid when that is ur reasoning xd

 

 

like wat, if u dont know why theyre being arrested in what world would they know why theyre being arrested? demote for ''arrested me for no reason'' is entirely valid when no reason was provided and even you dont know why they were arrested xd

 

 

what is an unwritten rule? that exploiting isnt allowed? or are you requesting incredibly niche scenario of ''Do not bypass demote timers'' needs to be added to the rules just to cater to you lacking common sense? It is clearly exploiting/bugusing to swap to a cop cc to bypass a demote timer - you know that it only works with cop ccs because you within 10 seconds of being demoted immediately switched to one to bypass the timer and then swapped back to the other job when you were off of timer.

You intentionally did it because you *thought* it was a false demote, and only AFTER you bypassed the demote timer did you call a sit for the demote

You seem to expect no harsh punishments for any of your rulebreaks and always argue that you need to be given a verbal, sometimes arguing a verbal is too much despite breaking a rule. I really hope this ban teaches you to stop breaking rules and expecting the tiniest punishments to be handed out to you.

You have 3 verbals in your notes, a warn, and a ban (2 including this), within the last 2 weeks since you have started playing again. Stop expecting to not be held accountable.
 

a day cp ban seems way more reasonable then me, this ban taught me nothing... i already know not to switch to another claass lesson learned, you should inform players over punishing them. your taking about a verbal from a whole different scenario aswell.  this was literally the first time im hearing of this

5 day reduce to 3 is consider a tiny ban? wow should have just went for the mass rdm, no wonder why long term players leave this shitty server

Edited by FatGrandmother
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...