Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In-Game Name

Rap

Your Steam ID

76561198091573239

Why were you banned or warned?

I was banned for calling a MRDMer who had been harassing my friends and I for over 30 minutes and while we were being raided, a slur, and a bystander overheard it and reported me.

Why should you be unwarned/unbanned?

I believe I should at the very least have a lesser ban, as 1) I've seen this slur typed in OOC chat at least 3-5 times a day, almost every single day I've played for the past few weeks so it was to my knowledge staff didn't care about this word 2) If a black man is allowed to say nigga, why is a gay man not allowed to say the f slur? Make it make sense 3) There is a staff member who's name is a slur 4) The person who reported me wasn't the person I was talking to 5) There is a player who made DDOS threats still playing on the server 6) There is a player who sold ingame items for real money that is now staff 7) there is a player who found my personal information during a staff interaction and gave it out to other players on the server, who is now an admin

The staff who banned me was the staff that was ignoring my friends and my sits, and he was also the player who raiding us while we were being MRDM'd and being ignored, (a little suspicious the fact this almost brand new player was targeting me and my friend, and also how staff was ignoring the sits about him). But then I have a sit made against me and it gets taken immediately by 4 staff members.

After I was told I was being banned for 2 months, a staff member wanted to try and lecture me and not just issue the ban so I said the same slur a few more times. Again, if a black man is allowed to say nigga on this server I will never understand why a gay man can't say the f slur, and if me calling a MRDMer a slur in VC is deserving of me getting a 2 month ban but others can literally type it out in OOC to everyone and not even be muted, then I don't want to be a part of this server anyways. It's not like I found out the MRDMer was gay and began insulting him. I call straight men the f slur to offend them, I don't call gay men the f slur to offend them. Doesn't make sense to me. So for a bystander that isn't gay to chime in and act like a slur about my people is offensive is actual comedy. It's about the equivalent of white people getting offended for black people.


I've seen staff say nigga, retard, queer, homo, "i'm gonna rape you", etc. and I've seen staff do nothing on 30+ occasions of people using the slur I used tonight, so I was unaware it was even a problem. The fact a staff member can be called nigga (which IS a slur) is okay but saying slurs isn't, makes 0 sense. And there's a good 100+ other players I've seen come and go on the server feel the exact same way. A large majority of the server doesn't even feel comfortable typing or saying his in-game name, but that's okay? Not to mention, every single staff member has a different opinion on the rules and what is or isn't okay. Some say rape is okay, some ban you for a month for it. Some staff say nigga (a slur) is okay, some staff gigamute you for an hour for saying nigga too much in ooc. Go ask 100 grown, respectable black people if nigga is a slur, guarantee you almost all of them will tell you yes.

Who warned/banned you?

nigga

How long were you warned or banned for?

2 months

This is basically just my last chance at giving the server a genuine shot. I've pushed through a lot of targeting and bullshit to keep playing the server, as I've made a lot of really good friends on the server and I do enjoy playing. But I also know better than to waste my time or energy on a sinking ship, and it feels like there's almost more toxic staff than there are good/helpful and unbiased staff at this point, or at least the toxic ones' opinions matter more. I've made mistakes, and I also could've appealed my first ban for toxicity but I just accepted it like a man instead of try and beg for an unban or lesser sentence, in this situation it's more of me seeing if the server really cares about its players that care about it, or not. If anyone who does have anything good to say about me would like to add I would greatly appreciate you saying something, but I understand not wanting to be involved. 

I'm sorry that my trash talk to a Mass RDMer offended a bystander eavesdropping in spawn, and I'm sorry the staff have ignored the f slur for weeks to the point that someone like me who plays as much as me thought it was okay to say it in vc outside of spawn. I've seen it and a few other words that I didn't think were okay, be said in OOC and VC around staff and nothing happened so I was unaware I was even breaking a rule and I also was saying it to a MRDMer, not like following a known gay player or some actual gay-hating shit. I understand the word can be used hatefully, but as a gay man I say it when I'm upset, and feel like a heterosexual person should have no say in its "offensiveness". I tried my best to keep my composure for over 30 minutes of this guy harassing and nonstop RDMing/ NLRing my friends and I, and being ignored by staff when there were 8-11 online, and called the person breaking the rules for over half an hour a slur. And I'm banned, and he isn't.



Recap:

Staff ignores our sits about NLR and a cop raiding without a warrant for 10 minutes
Staff ignores our sits about MRDMer (Same guy 10 minutes later)
I call the MRDMer a slur
Staff raids my base
Staff never takes my sit or any of my friends' sits
Staff takes the sit against me
I typed this appeal that probably won't be approved.
"I suggest you come back after the ban and try to have fun!"

I know some of you greatly dislike me but if you do fw me, I will miss you and wish you the very best in whatever you do ❤️  Add me on steam if you wanna msg me, and again I will own up to saying the word but I don't believe it's deserving of a 2 month ban given the context (been used A LOT lately on the server with active staff chatting), and I'm literally bisexual.

I will add KKSTONER is 1 staff member I can think of that would tell anyone using any sort of insane language to tone it down or mute them if they're over the line regardless what it is, and I believe that is the best approach. I wasn't attacking anyone, I wasn't just nonstop spamming a slur or harassing someone, I was banned 2 months because someone overheard me saying a slur 1 time to someone that was full-on harassing me for like 47 minutes. I'm not saying it makes it okay if that word is not allowed here, but this wasn't me being toxic or hateful or attacking a marginalized group, this was a player who dislikes me trying to get me removed for something they weren't even involved in, because they overheard me say a word to a person that would've been banned 40 minutes prior if staff would take my sits instead of raid me. Not to mention, I call myself an f slur so like why am I gonna be afraid to say it. I'm usually good about watching my mouth in-game, but it slipped and Hex of all people was nearby xD

  • Haha 1
  • reckduck 1
  • Crybaby 1
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, liliansmurg said:

strange how you didn't include the part where you get brought to a sit and start screaming the word at the top of your lungs until your mom came in and told you to be quiet...

 

 

(relevant info do not delete this response)

 

9 minutes ago, My Mom said:

After I was told I was being banned for 2 months, a staff member wanted to try and lecture me and not just issue the ban so I said the same slur a few more times.

Figures you didn't even care to read the entire response but just want me gone, 0 surprise there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150900
Share on other sites

Just now, My Mom said:

Also I'm sure 5 people have a clip of it so everyone can see I wasn't screaming at the top of my lungs and just talking over the admin trying to lecture me 🙂

you shouldnt talk over staff members they are our superiors and graduated top of their class at the basing academy

  • Like 1
  • point 1
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150903
Share on other sites

You recently just got unbanned for player toxicity in August which is why the ban was 2 months. From what I understand while in the sit, you called all the participating staff members the f-slur which is not allowed. The other slurs your referring to "retard, nigga, homo" are not specifically punishable unless they were repeated and targeted. Also just because you see someone say something in OOC doesn't mean its okay. You play the victim but are constantly getting in trouble. My only real question is why can't you stay out of trouble?

 

-1 for Unban

Edited by Annex
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150905
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, My Mom said:

Doesn't make sense to me. So for a bystander that isn't gay to chime in and act like a slur about my people is offensive is actual comedy. It's about the equivalent of white people getting offended for black people.

Sorry but this is an absolutely piss poor excuse to justify your actions "He's not gay so he shouldn't be offended". Newsflash, I'm queer, and you already know I'm trans based off the actual disgusting shit you've spewed in ooc to me for me merely calling your friend "stupid". I'm still not going to let that shit slide.  Straight, Cis, Gay or Trans-- no matter who makes the remark, it's unneeded. Spread some damn positivity for once.

 

And yes. I have a clip of him going off at all of us in sitland, calling them and I the F slurs, calling me fat., among other things. If this is what he's been holding in during such short periods of this game, i'm worried about what his behavior might be when he decides he wants to stop being "nice' again.

 

If we need me to post the clip ill be more than happy to do so.

 

Just such a toxic person.

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150906
Share on other sites

We cant help you with player targeting if you are calling the guy thats player targeting you the f slur over and over. Im sorry man but you just made it so much more difficult for yourself. The smartest thing you couldve done is make an effort to pretend they dont exist and if ur actually showing effort to interact with the players you think are targeting it would actually look like player targeting but you talking about him or trying to talk to him is basically inviting him to make your experience worse. 

 

Also i dont only mute/warn and talk to people if they say something crazy, if they have a history of doing this i ban them like punishment guidelines say.

 

-1 For unban, you made this problem worse by yourself

Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150907
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Annex said:

You recently just got unbanned for player toxicity in August which is why the ban was 2 months. From what I understand while in the sit, you called all the participating staff members the f-slur which is not allowed. The other slurs your referring to "retard, nigga, homo" are not specifically punishable unless they were repeated and targeted. Also just because you see someone say something in OOC doesn't mean its okay. You play the victim but are constantly getting in trouble. My only real question is why can't you stay out of trouble?

 

Neutral until other staff respond

I generally do for the most part, there is just a group of players that seem to genuinely have it out for me and some of the people I play with. Whenever people ask questions in ooc, I answer them all the time. When people need help or I see a player struggling doing something like pickup a weapon I try to show them how to do whatever it is they're doing instead of take advantage of them. When I log on, I really do just try to grind and I help other people along the way. Some of my warns are from something specific I never knew, but because I had another previous verbal/warn about failbasing or whatever it may have been it gets lumped under the same category. And most of the rules I've broken as far as bases go, are because I've seen other players bases look the same or have the same concept. Honestly, I hardly ever raid unless I'm asked to help or I'm trying to get my own entities back, people regularly think I'm staff because of how helpful and nice I am to them when they start the server, and I've made a lot of really good friends on the server. I even try to end grudges with the people that just can't cut me a break but they really care about rules. I don't believe I deserve like half of my warns, but like I said there is a group who want me gone and will never cut me slack/always report me any chance they can. And I'm just the complete opposite person. If I see a player breaking a basing rule or whatever, I tell them "hey bro I'm not gonna report you, but I just wanna let you know ______ is against the rules". The players who dislike me, wait for me to break the slightest rule like I forget to re-buy a door after my game crashed, etc. and call staff and then also tell staff "he's broken this rule before, he does this a lot" blah blah, and I'm warned for the same thing again. Every other person I've had a mishap with, we can smooth things over and make it, and a lot of the time we become friends afterwards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/22007-ban-appeal/#findComment-150908
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...