zoot Posted July 2, 2023 Share Posted July 2, 2023 In-Game Name Claypool Your Steam ID 76561198105710517 Why were you banned or warned? Useless post on Appeal / Report Note for member You have been warned by staff for posting useless or unrelated information on a Ban Appeal or Player Report. Only staff and players who are directly involved in the situation may comment! You have been warned by staff for posting useless or unrelated information on a Ban Appeal or Player Report. Only staff and players who are directly involved in the situation may comment! Why should you be unwarned/unbanned? Just got warned for posting this (see below for full comment, was on Sarina's report on Hyder/Dev1), stating that I wasn't involved. Everyone's involved in this, them spewing shit in OOC ropes literally the entire server into this. Just because I don't know them that well does not mean that I haven't spoken with any of them or seen this firsthand. If a firsthand account is really needed, I've had Dev1 come up to me and personally try to rope me into it by saying shit about Sarina and badgering me with questions. I didn't think it was necessary to add because he does that to everybody. It makes me uncomfortable, it makes Sarina uncomfortable, and it overall makes everyone uncomfortable when OOC is filled with this weird shit. GoatNuts, please read the entire post, where I said I had seen this firsthand for way too long. If you see player input as "useless" as the warn put it, so be it, but questioning my involvement when I said pretty much right off the bat that I've been seeing this firsthand is just negligent. Who warned/banned you? GoatNuts How long were you warned or banned for? Warn - N/A The post that got me warned is as follows (I colored in sections of me mentioning my involvement): Quote To summarize what I said last time, I speak from an entirely unbiased place, being that I don't really know you or those two, but I will say that I've seen the fights and the weird drama, This is on them, I mean a thousand times over they're in the wrong. At the same time though, please don't feed the trolls. I don't blame you, I'd cave and engage with that kind of stuff too, but overall I hope you understand that while their behavior is poor, you feeding into it only makes it worse. They are half the reason I don't even care to read/engage with OOC anymore, their behavior is sociopathic, and I agree that they deserve to be banned. I think Dev1 offering to spread pictures of you was a stupid move on his end. He's likely talking out of his ass, but regardless he made that decision, and while I would reserve the term "doxxing" for slightly more impactful/personal things, I still believe that this, in-tandem with the harassment, paints Dev1's actions as a community safety issue, and I'm sure most people would not enjoy a community that fosters that sort of thing. This should be treated as doxxing, and while I am obviously no authority, I think a discussion about community removal should be had about both of them. On the other hand, though, I think that the decision to cross the line of doxxing was purely Dev1's, and while Hyder should be seen as someone involved, this was ultimately not his doing. I think it's important to step back and at least look at Hyder's situation with a more level-head. Without a doubt, he sucks too, and should get some form of punishment, but I don't think they're "a cooperative movement" as you put it, I think they're just internet trolls. They're weird and unsavory, and they do things that make them hated, but it doesn't go much deeper than that. While they both crossed the line a while ago in my opinion, Dev1 really crossed the line, and deserves the boot. I will stand by the fact that I think Hyder's punishment should not be as severe, though. I'll leave that up to y'all, but I'm sure we won't see much of him, or at least his shitty actions, with his friend gone, and overall they are different people who did different things. My last point is that I think your punishment is weird, unorthodox, and overall just not happening. I like the poetic justice of writing an essay on the exact thing they perpetrate, but at the end of the day this is just a Garry's Mod server, and it's just not that deep. They don't have to beg for forgiveness, they either are or they aren't, and they likely won't be. Y'all can have civil discussion about this on your own time. Also, like I said earlier, don't feed the trolls! I know you haven't for the most part, but even the small interactions you have with them make things exponentially worse, so please let this be a lesson to not get involved with people like that, no matter how you may feel about the situation. Overall +1, but I think you missed on some of your points Dev1 needs the boot, y'all can figure it out with Hyder, but this shit has got to stop Best of luck, and truly, as someone who's seen this firsthand, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that bullshit, it's gross. Claypool P.S. Cute pets, also download HL2 content, hearing HL1 walk sounds on your clips was funny as hell but I promise you it's a QOL upgrade you don't wanna miss out on. I posted something similar last night, and it was outright removed with no reasoning. I re-wrote it with similar content, as I had recieved no reasoning and did not see the post to be in violation of any rule, and it was once again removed, this time with a mark on my page. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 2, 2023 Share Posted July 2, 2023 (edited) The main reason as to why i have warned you is to tell you that you cannot vote in appeals/reports unless you are a staff member (mainly because you did not catch it the first time), if you want to vote on reports or ban appeals i invite you to try and become a staff member! Edited July 2, 2023 by Guest Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137126 Share on other sites More sharing options...
zoot Posted July 2, 2023 Author Share Posted July 2, 2023 Hold on, just making sure I'm catching this right here, you have to be staff now to +1/-1 a report? Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137127 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 2, 2023 Share Posted July 2, 2023 Just now, zoot said: Hold on, just making sure I'm catching this right here, you have to be staff now to +1/-1 a report? yes Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137128 Share on other sites More sharing options...
zoot Posted July 2, 2023 Author Share Posted July 2, 2023 I just read the forum rules, realized I had to scroll down to the comments lol, y'all should really just repost the original rule posting, but that's neither here nor there. The rule says not to post unless you are staff and/or have useful information/direct involvement. I get that my involvement wasn't the biggest, but I still feel I was directly involved. Regardless, if that's how you feel there's not much I can do to change that, the rule itself just sounds kinda subjective and there's no fixing that on my end. I angrily reposted the comment a third time lol, but I've since hid it, thanks for clarifying with me why my post was taken down. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137129 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Opila Bird Posted July 3, 2023 Share Posted July 3, 2023 1 hour ago, zoot said: Hold on, just making sure I'm catching this right here, you have to be staff now to +1/-1 a report? this has always been true Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137130 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ironfish1 Posted July 3, 2023 Share Posted July 3, 2023 Denied Zoot has spoken with GoatNuts in this appeal and realized the forum warn was valid. "Only staff and players who are directly involved in the situation may comment!" You were at most indirectly involved. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/20113-zoots-forum-warn-appeal/#findComment-137151 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts