New Job: Podcaster

Dan Hunter

Podcaster / Radio Talk Show Host

Player Model: Joe Rogan, Howard Stern, Alex Jones

Description: Interview interesting players and spread their story across the city

Items : Microphone, Talk-Radio

This class would have to include a radio that could be purchased by players to where they could hear voice chat between players over a distance. The radio we could have an option to "tune-in" and listen to the podcast/show. I'm thinking the microphone could be a static object that "relays" a proximity voice chat to whoever is in vicinity of a radio. Could be cool to select players that have their voice relayed as well. (stops trolls running up and spamming)

I think this job could be really interesting, it would give people all around the server with entertainment. From the 24/7 basing goblins, to the mayor camped in his office, to having one at fountain you hear as you walk by. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

I have suggested making a job like this (I have also seen other people ask for it too)

I think it is a great idea, the job could be pretty entertaining if implemented correctly and would add an interesting aspect to the server. Hopefully this job or at least something similar will be added to the server sooner or later!

+1

Edited by toosii
  • Like 1

I agree with emperor, Toxic players could use this to their advantages but then again if used properly it could be interesting 50/50

5 hours ago, God-Emperor Danger said:

I’m definitely interested in seeing this, although I can also see how this can take a left turn with players using sounds boards or saying certain things during the interview while it’s being broadcasted. 

so I’m 50/50 as of right now.

1 hour ago, kiezuh said:

I agree with emperor, Toxic players could use this to their advantages but then again if used properly it could be interesting 50/50

7 hours ago, God-Emperor Danger said:

I’m definitely interested in seeing this, although I can also see how this can take a left turn with players using sounds boards or saying certain things during the interview while it’s being broadcasted. 

so I’m 50/50 as of right now.

I mean people can be toxic in regular voice chat, in ooc, with textscreens, etc etc... Players who are overly toxic or spamming to the point of breaking the rules are dealt with by staff so I'd figure that same concept would apply to a podcaster job lol. Plus as @Dan Huntermentioned players could just turn off their radios if they don't want to hear what is being said.