Last Weapon Used Shotgun Exploit

Fuel

Category:

Exploit

Priority:

Medium

Description:

Last weapon used in combination of using two shotguns can allow you to bypass the default firerate speeds for shotguns, and max magazine space basically allowing you to mow down a player of any stature and defeats the purpose of even buying shotguns. Yes, it's an in game feature but you are EXPLOITING a game mechanic that is not meant to be used to give you a PVP edge. I suppose you could fix this by making all shotguns have a 1 second idle time between switching from another weapon if that is possible to implement. Because as of now, it feels cheap and you really have no use for actual skill, just aim at someone and basically howitzer them to death.

How to reproduce:

Have two shotguns in your hotbar, switch to one and then the other. Press your last weapon used bind and the correct moment after shooting one shot in one shotgun, swap to the other. I will provide video soon enough.

https://streamable.com/bghpwa

Video is here bois

Edited by Fuel
  • thumbdown -1 2

1 minute ago, Mav McStubbins said:

how is this even an exploit

its part of the game

just dont use it lol

Don't use it? Then others WILL use it and get an edge. This is a stupid comment, not even trying to be mean

• thumbdown -1 1

Just now, Mav McStubbins said:

coming from you thats a compliment

also, all sugar needs to do is add a small cooldown. correct me if im wrong but hasnt this always been in titsrp?

Is that not what I said needs to be done? 

5 minutes ago, Fuel said:

I suppose you could fix this by making all shotguns have a 1 second idle time between switching from another weapon if that is possible to implement.

6 minutes ago, HIDDEN said:

this isn't really a bug moreso a very minor exploit of a weapon system, this can easily be fixed by doing what tf2 and cs:go do and giving all weapons a different deploy/holster speed deploy being the time it takes to equip a gun before it can be fired and holster the time you must holster a gun before you can begin deploying a new one,

in this case shotguns which are weapons that usually have a large deploy/holster time have the same as like a pistol

Yeah, I did specify it's an exploit, not a bug, but I agree with your points. 

Just now, Wilhelm Panderino said:

dont really see this as an exploit BUT if youre gonna add a cooldown to shotguns you might as well adjust last weapon used cooldowns for every swep in the game. You can quick swap to an AR after shooting an awp or even to an Ar from a grenade. Its just more prevalent with shotguns. 

Good point