Blacnova Posted January 28, 2019 Share Posted January 28, 2019 Your Steam Name: Blacnova Your in-game name: Blacnova[/b] Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:66142484 Discord Name/ID: Blacnova#0001/123920971085250563 Why were you warned/banned?: Not Getting Permission To Post Someone’s Personal Info | Rule 7 Why should you be unwarned/unbanned? : The user in question, Yuki (not sure what her full username was) posted a pic of her driver's license. This led to like 5 people including myself reposting the picture in #general. I believe I posted the pic a total of three times before I got bored and went back to watching youtube. Imagine my surprise when I came back and saw that I was banned from the discord, especially so when I wrote the rules and was the tenth person to join the discord. Now I realize those two points are irrelevant, but I say them in order to show you that I know what I'm saying, and what I did did not break any rules. When I was drafting the rules I imagined that something like this may happen, so I implemented that safeguard at the end of Rule #7 that we all know and love (if you are asked to stop pls stop kthx). Yuki never asked anyone to stop posting the photo, if she did I would've gladly obliged. I assumed that since she was talking along with us while we were memeing the photo that she didn't really care. Rule #7 clearly states: 7. Do not post the picture of any server member, unless you have written permission. This will lead to an immediate permaban. However, if someone posts a picture with permission, everyone else now has permission to post that picture (if you are asked to stop pls stop kthx). Pay attention to that underlined portion and realize that she posted the photo first, then did not tell anyone to stop posting it, therefore we had permission to post it. What I find interesting is that while we were posting the photo and joking around, a few senior mods were talking alongside us and either didn't seem to notice, or didn't seem to care, TBH I wasn't really paying attention to them. I just don't see why I was banned on the spot without any staff saying anything. To ban such an OG member of the community without even a second thought and without a valid reason is pretty baffling to me. To the admins reading this: Please leave your feelings about me aside for just a moment and think back to the heart of the rules. They clearly say that I may post a photo if someone else posts it, but only until asked to stop. I was not asked to stop, and therefore did nothing wrong. I'd also like to point out that I was chosen as a figurehead and was the only one banned of the 5 people that also posted it. Who warned/banned you and for how long?: I was banned by TheGrapeWarrior permanently. Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/LSdh69t.png Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/10651-discord-ban-appeal/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blacnova Posted January 28, 2019 Author Share Posted January 28, 2019 Why are you focusing on the specifics of the rules instead of whether or not your behavior is acceptable? If you'd like, your ban reason can be changed to fall under rule 17. Please use common sense. Why do you think posting their id was a good idea, regardless of whether they had asked you to stop in the first place? She posted the whole photo, I simply took a screenshot of a specific portion of the photo that she posted because I thought it would be funny. The fact that she posted her DMV ID means literally nothing. We can't do anything with it unless we happen to have her social security number... oh and we have to look like her. Now, as we've established that the ban clearly doesn't fall under the guideline of Rule #7 (what I was banned for in the reason), I guess I could argue against Rule #17 if you'd like as well. I reposted her photo under the pursuit of comedy, a specific portion of the photo I thought would get a few chuckles, especially considering that she pointed out that the permit was old, and I therefore assumed it did not matter. Also, not to be rude or anything, but anyone with eyes would notice the ID with one look at the picture. It is clearly displayed and everyone knows what a license looks like. Again, if she had expressed anger, annoyance, wanted us to stop at any point I would've immediately done so. She really just didn't seem to care, and I don't understand why I'm being punished for clipping a part of a photo that was posted by the person it belongs to. Also, I'm not focusing on the specifics of the rules. The rule has three simple parts to it: 1. If the user gives you written permission to post their pic you may do so. 2. If someone that has permission posts the pic (including the person who owns the pic), everyone else may post the pic. 3. If asked to stop, please stop. My logic works with parts 2 and 3, and I'm focusing in on these because they were the reason that I had posted the pic in the first place. If those parts of the rules weren't there, I would not have posted the pic. All of my reposts of the image followed the message above from a senior mod. Link to comment https://forums.titsrp.com/topic/10651-discord-ban-appeal/#findComment-73018 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts